• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Unresponsive script

• Thread starter DeletedUser1886
  • Start date

DeletedUser1886

For three days have problems using Firefox or Google Chrome. After each action in game where to go from one village to another, message appears - "A script on this page May be busy, or it May have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script Continue."

Script: https://twxen.innogamescdn.com/js/game.min_c2b2a18fdb.js:8
It appears using Firefox.

Using Google Chrome after each operation of all stops and does not operate a 15-20 sec.

And it is on multiple PC.

DeletedUser486

This is a widespread issue, and we are still investigating what is causing it, thank you for contributing to this task.

DeletedUser1666

Leaving Tribe will negate the issue- trust me on this 1 ;)

DeletedUser486

B0W83;n28544 said:
Leaving Tribe will negate the issue- trust me on this 1 ;)
Yes, though we aren't sure why, anyone willing to experiment with creating a tribe/trying different names and tags and letting us know what you find out would be a big help.

DeletedUser1666

Ok i have done some experimenting on this matter on en7- with a friend doing some testing of this :

I firstly made a Tribe - a 1 man tribe and had no issue with this in the begining called it Server Test - things worked ok for about 5-10mins and the game became slower so i disbanded it.

I then made a tribe up with the same Name about an Hour later -after i had got a friend to log back onto en7 to test this out with me ..

manpig - did not experience any issues while in a smaller tribe - chat was working fine - but after a few mins - I the tribe leader experienced severe issues with lag - graphics not loading up properly- couldnt access any villes - all the time chat was working - found it hard to do anything tbh and then i myself had to reload the game as it hung... not sure why ..

So i then booted my friend and disbanded the Tribe ..

Test over

Hope this helps narrow it down a bit or not persee--- It definately has to do something to do with Tribe.. thats as far as i could narrow it down tbh

DeletedUser1666

The script issue did not come up in both the smaller tribes but the slower game play and loading of individual villes aswell as hanging issue- deemed itan issue- like swapping 1 fail for 2 more fails lol

Both tags on both Tribes were SET

I would also assume as it was fine before the 1.12 update - its something in that,that is conflicting and making go awry. as it was perfectly fine (not having that issue) with 1.11

DeletedUser1666

What also has been suggested- its the API thats also bugging people in tribes, where it is requesting information all the time - This would also make sense ... and if so what sort of information could people get from this API - troop counts and so forth without even needing to spy or anything - is this possible ...

someone may have developed something to interact with this and that is what s causing the issue

DeletedUser1666

Have you tried updating your java scripts and flash player also .. this might be a little more effective ..

DeletedUser16

Hey guys,

This has been reported and our dev team is on the rush to fix this. Thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser1369

B0W83;n28597 said:
Have you tried updating your java scripts and flash player also .. this might be a little more effective ..

*sigh* words spoken by someone who clearly has heard some buzzwords in the past, but doesn't really know what it means.

Javascript is updated when the web browser updates, it can't be updated on its own. For the record, before you say you can update Java, Java is not Javascript.

Updating the Flash player will also have no effect on this game, as there are no flash components to the game. Flash is a dying technology, this game is built on newer technologies (angularJS, socketIO, HTML5 Canvas), as such there is no use for Flash here.

B0W83;n28585 said:
What also has been suggested- its the API thats also bugging people in tribes, where it is requesting information all the time - This would also make sense ... and if so what sort of information could people get from this API - troop counts and so forth without even needing to spy or anything - is this possible ...

No, it's not possible, the API only offers the ability to get troops for YOUR villages, not other peoples.

DeletedUser687

As posted in different topics, Cause & solution:

What causes the delay is the emitting of the CHAT_GET_TRIBE_HISTORY. This occurs every time when a player changes village due to the fact that there is a listener to the 'DONE' event, which is also broadcast whenever a village has been loaded.
The reload of the chat history isn't needed in the first place, as it is already loaded and additional new messages are received in a different way.

A solution for this problem is to change the 'DONE' event, or simply add a boolean to check if chat history was already loaded or not, if not, it should emit the request, otherwise it should simply do nothing at all.