• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Underdogs of the World

i feel that if u have good recruiters they can see how active someone is pretty easily just by their pt growth and stats. I use to do alot fo recruiting. Sometimes u get a new player who just needs direction as hes got activity.

TW2 isnt for everyone it takes ALOT of activity to be "good" at it. I think the player growth has slowed however, yes i will take whatever vill i see as an easy target (to save troops for war/farming) unless its open war with another tribe then i try to do the most dmg possible.

There are plenty who are willing to teach just need to actually ask them i did it in TW1. Literally made a post on the forums that i want someone to teach me how to be good at TW1. I think i do ok for myself in TW2 lol

DeletedUser2155

Very valid points rhaegar2 there will always be some obstacles to overcome but surely not insurmountable. I play quite a few older servers and after 12 months even the most skilled players leave the game before the server is won. Many tribe leaders on this forum would have to agree and this becomes a major issue, having to noble 200 villages with troops rather than fight the battles or both. Being able to move 30 or 40 players from an academy tribe would be a serious advantage, getting to know the tribe would be quite easy, swapping from main to academy is easy and confusing for the enemy.
Just a few thoughts on how to get round the issue.

DeletedUser2635

That's all nice and shiny, but if you try to give everyone a chance and try to teach them how to play the game - who will you target in thay case? (I mean you still need targets to be able to grow). I myself never used crowns, nor do I mind other people using them, and I have always given advice to people who asked for it be ot in my tribe or outside of it, but I really don't like to have a lot of blue around of me... :)

DeletedUser2155

The object is not to be nice and shiny or perfect, we all know many players leave this game well before a month is through, so plenty of villages to cap to move closer to other enemy targets. As for a field of blue, that would probably be reduced considerably showing less NAPs and less alliances, which we all know the larger tribes us to protect their own personal growth strategies.

If I took the very best players from this game and placed them in Evony from 5 years ago the coiners spending $2000 a week would annihilate them extremely quickly, which is the same failing in this game.

This game is all about either time or money and money will always win no matter how good a player without money may be.

As for teaching people that makes the game far more interesting because it creates a situation of levelling the playing field outside of the coiners.

My comments are meant to try and offer a secondary view to players who do not have loads of money to spend and the new players who enable the game to continue to be available, if we kill the newbs early on they will not come back.............So less skilled players to play, tribes very quickly reduced to a few based only the the same old same players, so the skill base and player base does not expand it reduces.

DeletedUser

Ok, speaking as a (rather) large and experienced player who started in the core ad has now moved to the rim I would like to clear some stuff up.
First off we don't really have much space in the core to grow (nobling barbs is not allowed) and the farming isn't too good, so some of us have moved to the rim in order to continue growing and not be bored out of our minds. Also we only really allow someone to noble a village unless it has at least 1k points, and if it has quite a few troops in it then we'll leave it as the moral would kill us. This means that we very rarely go after new players, and your odds increase if you're in a tribe who supports you (it doesn't even have to be a big tribe or very many troops sent, remember that moral will do the rest).
Secondly a lot of the players who have gone to the rim have not gone all the way (because of village sizes and battle protection on the very edge of the rim) so we're about two thirds of the way from the core (myself included) that means that we're mostly fighting other experienced players who joined late or were nobled out and restarted.
All in all while a few of us do go after the small new players, most of us don't, and almost all of our more experienced players are happy to teach new players so long as they're willing to learn.