• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Top 10 Maps

120619.gif

DeletedUser5161

Congrats -x-. 80.12% currently. See you all in a future world.

DeletedUser2369

Indeed as screwloose mentioned, the victory condition has been met. Still waiting for Coolnite to confirm (he has promised by the weekend), so WOW still have a little bit of time to start their last attempt at stopping us.
Since my last post, LordFuzzy has started "fighting" by taking out a couple of his neighbours... that were inactive before he left, I assume he knew this as he left active neighbours alone, so im not sure what took him so long to start. Not exactly the "blaze of glory" i was hoping for, but at least he did something. The rest of WOW has done nothing, there were a bunch more recruitments in an attempt to delay us, though many of the recruits came from other top10 tribes so made no difference. As far as I am aware that sums up pretty much all the end-game action from the other tribes.

DeletedUser4569

I've won allready so I can just play around and have some fun :3

DeletedUser4569

J U C K even at second place at bashpoints ages after he went away OwO

DeletedUser2369

Different priorities I guess. I play TRIBAL wars, which you have not won. I guess you are playing SOLO wars instead. Power to you, its just not the game I enjoy.

DeletedUser2369

yea, things like:
- They were unable to grow due to harder competition in their area, so didnt have the villages to do as much at the end
- They got less internals to get enough villages to produce troops from
- they were fighting better opponents who would dodge, snipe, even stack, all of which reduce the offensive bash you get from taking out inactives.
- they may have been landlocked by tribemates after the core was taken requiring one or more longjumps to reach the enemy.
- They were probably also mostly inactive for the last two months (I know I was)
Many other reasons that say the opposite of what you are implying. Some may be because they arent as good, but there isnt enough for that to be used as the default. Many experienced players have agreed earlier in this thread, and elsewhere, that the best players are often not in the top 10 for points or bash.
The last two months in particular arent really worth comparing as its just been marching through an already beaten tribe, some had inactives, some had really bad morale against actives, etc. I think the comparison should be taken from when the core was taken instead.

--Also juck was top defensive bash because he was inactive and people had to clear him, others just werent attacked, its hard to compete in def bash when nobody wants to attack you, or if they die soon after doing so. also when you have a fraction of his villages. juck had twice the villages of #2 when he left, he got def bash from everyone, it adds up, he had 5-10x the villages of the average player, most of wich were internals (i went through my stats, it was about 70% internals) - thats why he was struggling to keep up in obp despite how many extra villages he had.

DeletedUser4569

I just know that it takes some OBP to win an active world, but its not alone the cause for sure :)
The SW area was active enough for me at least, maybe the rest was dead? i dunno, I came in late when the core was choked by j u c k :p

DeletedUser2369

lol, juck never got to the core, not quite.
I agree that offense is not the only trait of a great player, however I believe that bashpoints dont tell enough of the story to be reliable, defensive bash doesnt work at all except to indicate how much a player has been attacked, and its not perfect at that (a good defender will dodge and snipe as well as stack, and those first two dont give def bash), and offensive bash is only reliable on a tribe scale, not on a player scale in my own personal opinion. That is why I never put much into the player rankings when I made my updates, and never even displayed defensive bash rankings.
A quick review of your conquers, it seems most of your growth came from tribes I had considered to be insignificant (tco, RoA, W.T) with just a few coming from -X- inactives (i call internals even if you were in WOW when it happened, though some were when you were in -X-, you knew they were inactives and thats why you went for them, just a personal terminology thing) and even less coming from WOW or Darkness.
Compare that to the majority of ranking players who took mainly villages from -X-, WOW, -D-, and MAG, who were the most organised tribes for most of the game, therefore the more challenging opponents.
Satania, lonewolf healer and juck and a few others have alot of internals which gave them production capacity to war longer and faster, kungman was mostly fighting minor tribes (as MAG did) and taking out former tribemates, The Orical got most of their villages from former tribemates (-D-, and -X-, though got plenty from MAG after they fell apart, then from wow after that). In fact the highest rank OBP who didnt have these sorts of advantages is ttompatz in rank 7 OBP. (these ranking are a few days old, havent updated in a while.
Im not saying what you or any of these other players have done is any less, getting to your size is impressive, Im just saying that you cannot judge players fighting a different fight for not getting the same results as you have.

DeletedUser4569

I don't judge people as hard as i make It look to be honest, but some imply that OBP has to value at all. In my area there was a lot of low tribes, and a ton of annoying low morale people that refuse to give in. the offensive bash someone puts out (if realistic, and not on yourself or internals) is in theory progress on making someone quit, emptying villages for others (which i did for GBC) etc etc.

But you are right on the big picture GRhin, It's a lot of things combined that will count ;)

DeletedUser2369

I agree the offensive bash is progress, if not on yourself, on internals, or on inactives, unfortunately there is no way to tell what bash was earnt from active enemies, let alone skilled enemies, and what was from inactives and internals. That is why on a player basis I dont put much value on OBP, but on a tribe basis this usually balances out, one player getting inactives and unskilled enemies usually results in the tribe getting more attention from more skilled and active enemies, often other players have a harder fight due to the players getting an easy fight, which is why tribe obp and obp/member is far more valuable than individual obp.
basically,im one of those you think imply OBP has no value at all, and you are almost right. OBP on a individual basis tells you nothing, it could be high due to factors such as inactives, or it could be low due to factors such as enemies that dodge most attacks. The only thing a high bash tells me about a player is that they have a high throughput of offensive troops, you cant get that much, even from inactives, unless you are building a tonne of offensive troops, and are constantly sending them out. So OBP may not tell me anything about the players skill or ability, but it still tells me that the player is someone to take seriously.

I just want to thank everyone who fought until the end in both sides ... this world obviously wasn't the most exciting world but we had some interesting/unexpected twists here and there ... good luck in future worlds for those who are planning to keep playing tw2 ...

DeletedUser2369

Agreed, aside from a little salt overload when the main war broke out, it was an enjoyable world. No two worlds turn out the same, I wouldnt call this the most interesting world, but it was enjoyable none the less. There werent really any real twists except for -X-'s poaching members from other tribes right as wars broke out, but sometimes straightforward is refreshing.

DeletedUser5110

I know it's not a very meaningful number, but I'd like to see a Monday update to learn how much -X- has exploited their victory,and the despair of other players, to effect the village count. Looking at the tribal activity, it looks like we might have picked up a couple more percentage points.