• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

To all you Brits out there...

DeletedUser

I just found this link; http://abpworldgroup.com/2015/06/06/self-defense-is-now-illegal-in-the-uk/

What do you Brits think about this? Do you trust the government to assists you 24/7 when you really need it? As a society safety student, I find things like this interesting. I don't know any europeen nations with more restrictive self-defence laws than this. If anyone want to share the laws and how they are enforced in their countries, feel free to do so!

DeletedUser1945

As a brit with self defense training (martial arts) I think that that's a complete joke. While that is clearly an article which is biased towards gun usage - which I don't agree with - if the quotes and laws stated are true then it would be one more thing to complain to the government about.

There is an argument for banning weapons yes, having guns legally begets even more guns illegally since they're easier to obtain which begets more violence. Banning all things like pepper-spray etc just makes the vulnerable more vulnerable imo.

The examples they used of the cricket bat case was potentially an unreasonable use of force if he caused permanent brain damage. There was a large lack of detail/information, only really telling parts of the story to make their views seem more important/correct. Not only that, these might be fringe cases, no one wants to hear about a story where the police were called and the offenders arrested with no use of force, it doesn't make a good headline.

DeletedUser2033

It's a stupid argument, no doubt written by some dumb gun toting yank who wonders why so many americans are killed. Doh! It's because you carry guns you idiot.

They asked the NRA for an opinion...

DeletedUser

Honestly irrespective of the law I will use any force I deem appropriate to defend myself, my family or my property. If that involves nailing someone to my front door with a crossbow than... it is what it is.