• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

The Zerg - A Look Back

As we currently rest on 70% domination of EN 65 (Montjuic) I'd like to recap to all spectators and those involved what our goal was, and what we've accomplished.

Our objective, clearly communicated here on the forums and in-game on our tribe's description unchanged (as can be seen below) since the start of the world, was to demonstrate how unbalanced the ability to have a 200 member tribe is, and why it should be removed.

TribeDesc.png

As we now find ourselves within 5% domination of winning the realm in 2 months, I'd say we are on the right path to do so.

There were many that doubted us, from the countless "zerg gonna fail" renamed barbarian villages in the core, to the dozens of hate mails received by myself and the rest of Zerg's council regarding our terrible and fruitless idea. Some simply did not understand what we were doing, and others frankly couldn't spare 60 seconds of their time to read our tribe description to know otherwise.

The harshest criticism had to have come from NIB (Nativity in Black), whom, despite conversations on discord prior to the world opening, did not believe in what we were doing and preferred to continue the years of tradition of self-policing MRTs as well as believing Inno Games would never care enough to improve their game in any way. In order to not add any bias to their rhetoric, I'll attach some of their own posts from their leader below:

Cokky5.png

Cokky1.png

Cokky3.png

While some of their ideals were misguided, at least they somewhat stuck by them throughout the world.

In the end, somewhat counter-intuitively, I'd like to thank @BigCokky and NIB for providing us resistance in this realm. If anything, they've proven that a small tribe of talented players with ample diplomacy cannot compete to the sheer power of a 200 player tribe, further helping prove our point.

Thank you as well to those in Zerg's council for helping me with the monumental task of leading and managing a 200 player tribe. It was not easy, you all know who you are; so pat yourselves on the back. Hopefully this will be the last time something like this will need to happen.

I'd also like to thank @AshieM and @Tokano for the increased communication and transparency in the last few months, and for relaying the community's feedback to the game's developers. Now we can only hope for the best.

I would also like to clarify to those that doubt our accomplishment with regards to the time that we are closing the world; that the last 4 domination worlds have been won in the 3, 6 and 11 month marks, and one approaching its 1 year anniversary without ever being closed. This makes the average time to close out a domination world in the past few years to be approximately 8 months. We are a quarter of the way there, and threatening to close the world out within a week at our current pace.

I won't repeat my previous arguments or start another debate on why the tribe member limit needs to be changed; I hope what I've shared previously on the forums and what we undoubtedly demonstrated in-game is enough to speak for itself.

Thank you to those in Zerg that took part in this historic moment in Tribal Wars 2 history, and I hope you've enjoyed the game despite the circumstances of this world. Let's close out this world swiftly and hope that our message has been heard. See you in-game!

Hello I am WWIII who played with and against Zerk. Since I started the game I felt that Zerk will when the game and will end it so fast. As 200 members against tribes less than 40 members. TW2 must limit tribes max 80 members so they will keep the game fun and action. Many ggo players quit the game so do I cause it was so boring. I love this game as we find good friends and have fun.