• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

The effects of single queue recruitment on D and O builds - Discussion

DeletedUser492

With the introduction of the single recruitment queue, What effects, possitive and negative do you think it'll have on the start-up phase of the world?.

i think that for the D build, people will favour the sp/sw/(arch?) over the sp/hc build
I've come to this conclusion due to not being able to simultaneously recruiting infantry and mounted, if we also factor in the high lv of the rax needed to recruit the hc, going for the sp/hc build would be extreamly risky, by way of as damn near building your quota of sp and only sp before being able to build the hc thus leaving you in a very precarious position when faced against an opponent who is ax heavy.
How will this affect the pure O builders?
If the sp/sw/(arch?) route is favoured the O builders will need to factor this when determining the ax/lc/(ma?) build of there initial nuke. with the standard 6k/3k/(150?) start-up nuke(assuming full builds!!) being used the attacker will obvs be facing a firmer defence, and looking at the wall stats(if i have this correct) the wall now gives a much larger defence bonus to the defenders. With this taken ito account the attacker will need to be more selective on their initial target and will need to employ the tribes help to gain a tactial advantage thus promoting tribal working relations.

Probably the most important point is the vastly reduced build speed advantage the attacker once had. This alone imo is a game changer resulting in the promotion of teamwork and very carefull planning, in essesence it has leveled the field between D and O which may result in a much longer start-up phase (although this can be somewhat negated by the ptw crowns system).

DeletedUser

Do you bulk recruit? I build a mix of troops, adding a new one in as soon as i have unlocked them. I do small amounts each time, 50-100 depending if it is foot or mounted, rams and cats i do even smaller. This produces a well rounded army that is able to deal with most situations without me needing to call on tribe for help. It also helps keep the warehouse balanced. As this is a different game to TW1 different tactics are needed, these we are all just working out!

DeletedUser486

NeaZ;n3373 said:
Do you bulk recruit? I build a mix of troops, adding a new one in as soon as i have unlocked them. I do small amounts each time, 50-100 depending if it is foot or mounted, rams and cats i do even smaller. This produces a well rounded army that is able to deal with most situations without me needing to call on tribe for help. It also helps keep the warehouse balanced. As this is a different game to TW1 different tactics are needed, these we are all just working out!
Kinda like this dude did? http://forum.en.tribalwars2.com/forum/main-category/faq-questions/2972-defense

As for the OP, you can see on the map who is beasting their village with crowns.This dedication to the game makes it a high probability they are O players to augment their noble rush over the non paying players.
The introduction of the officers, the medic to save 10% and the grandmaster to fight 10% harder gives players a boost over morale, which is supposed to help protect smaller players and will do a worse job of it than before.

Granted, everyone has these starting off, but the paying players will be able to maintain these boosts.

Also, someone who builds the barracks up at a faster pace is going to be building troops at a faster pace. Will be getting better troops quicker.

As a non payer, I am actually hindered by the slower speed. I farm twice a day because I just can't use the res, there isn't enough places to put it right now, sure, academy will let me mint, but recruitment is slow as is building.

TWs 2 just seems, to me at least, to be favouring those willing to put so much money into the game much more than classic ever did. Everyone should be on the same playing field, you shouldn't be able to augment an advantage over your neighbours just because you have money to spend and they don't. Innogames supposedly supports players of all ages, from all countries. As long as they can pay, they will have a chance of surviving start up too.

DeletedUser492

NeaZ;n3373 said:
Do you bulk recruit?

oh god, no!!, i cant find any logic in that

if you're refering to my comment about the sp/hc build.... the single queue and late acess to hc would mean that you need to 'bulk recruit' sp - imo that would render that strat pointless at this stage of the world

i find a inf60%/mounted30%/seige10% queue works well for the reasons you stated.

DeletedUser430

This does bring up a very good point after looking at top 10 players I was amazed to see TOUBIB area. this kid has about if not more than 14 barbs producing extra resources. I understand paying to play but yeah TW2 needs to adjust something and make this a bit more even as like TW. If this is the case I can see how one can win a world after joining late:

1. Join late
2. Start in remote location (luck plays apart)
3. Buy a lot of crowns
4. Have all villages near you (barbs) produce extra resources (3 - wood, 3 - iron, and 3 - clay)

This alone should get you 1000+ points/rax qued 78+ hours within 2-4 days max.

DeletedUser

im late joiner and im in top 50^^
(tbh i bought crowns :D :D )

only scrubs in my area though-.-