• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Tavern, is it worth going over lvl 12?

DeletedUser1427

Are there any benefits to raising the Tavern above level 12? Aside from additional hitpoints of course.

Does it have any effect on chance of spy success (either offensive, defensive, or chance to activate counter measures)?

Are those last three levels just wasted farm space and some additional building hitpoints?

DeletedUser486

The developers have been asking for ideas for a level 15 tavern countermeasure to help balance out the current spy/sabotage mechanic. Until then, if you are trying to cut the points/provisions cost at every point, then no, I do not believe a level 15 tavern gives anything extra than a level 12 at this point.
This is however conjecture, since nobody knows truly how spying is worked out. Personally, I just build them up anyway, just in case.

DeletedUser3578

You should probably, level it up to 14, for the "Homeguard" research. Otherwise, I see no point maxing it out (besides the achievement, ofc).

DeletedUser3635

I agree totally with @TrovanXD
The Tavern 12, gives you 5 spies, and all the Counter Measures settings.
However if you consider Sabotage then you need to have level 14, as after much complaining to the game masters, the HOMEGUARD feature was added to give an equal Defense chance against Sab attacks.
So ask yourself, am I likely to have a enemy sending Sabs, if not then stay at 14, the choice is yours players!

DeletedUser3635

WIKI:
14 Homeguard This research unlocks the homeguard. This will protect your village against sabotage attacks greatly.
Level 15, adds 1 extra hitpoint, and takes 24 hours to upgrade

DeletedUser2185

It is very worth it to get Lv15 for full protection.

Though it may not seem to you, trust me, in our tests, it makes a heck of a difference.

DeletedUser1594

This question was asked before Homeguard even existed, not sure why you would bump a 5 month old question

DeletedUser2847

In lvl 15 tavern you can introduce a new officer "Voodoo medicinman". This can make all attacking troops arriving against the villa sick so they fight with random 50-100% power. This would be just as great as the sabotage