• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Super Farm Barbarians vs Normal Barbarians

DeletedUser

After looking around at barbarian villages I am noticing a very distinct difference between them. The barbs around me growing nicely and I went to check out their buildings with a spy.

Normal Barbarian--Level 20 HQ, Level 20 Barracks. Level 18-21 resources. Smallish warehouse.
Super Farm Barbarians--Level 1 HQ, Level 0 Barracks. Level 25 resources. Level 21+ warehouses.

This wouldn't be considered chance. I've scouted many many villages and have noticed that these 2 villages types are distinctly different in builds.

Is this on purpose? I thought I was farming smartly. It would be apparent that I should have targetting super farms with 4 times the troops...

DeletedUser

Barbs grow based on the points of the players within that province so that might be why you are seeing some barbs with better mines than others.

DeletedUser

I scouted 100 villages. Those were the kinds of villages I found. Some had HQ and Barracks leveled as usual. Others were very low HQ and Rax. Yes, they grow based on player activity and what not, but this isn't the same thing I'm suggesting here.

DeletedUser

It's a very interesting though as to how the algorithm behind barb growth works when it comes to selecting the villages to grow.

It could be the case that the ones which are farmed more focus on their resource levels, whilst the other focuses on the HQ in order to make it more suitable for barb nobling.

I would also like to know the answer behind this one as it could probably be used tactically for if/when there are no villages around you to noble in the early stages of the game.

DeletedUser

I've checked barbs around me and apparently it does not have any relation with how much one farms them. I'm farming them all twice a day and some grow in a more balanced while others are "super farms" as Kusco named them. Of course there's the chance more people are farming them without me knowing it too.

DeletedUser694

I doubt there is anyone farming them more than you Stilgar :)

DeletedUser1186

You can "cultivate" barbs and turn them into super producers by catting down everything except warehouse and resources.

DeletedUser694

Interesting post, i still think that the strategies in this game are completely different to TW1 and the barbs are more likely to cause trouble for tribes not taking them.

DeletedUser

Mike62;n17566 said:
Interesting post, i still think that the strategies in this game are completely different to TW1 and the barbs are more likely to cause trouble for tribes not taking them.

I guess you are right. For example: Milky is trying a tactic of some sorts on us where they let their low-point players sneak nobles into barbs right in our core provinces. I guess they are either hoping they go unnoticed so they can stack them and enjoy morale penalty, or attempt to make us use our "precious" nobles on "useless" villages. I don't care either way. I have enough resources for continuous noble production anyway so whether I farm or capture the villages makes no difference to me. I enjoy the efforts they put in it though, like it's part of some great plan that makes no sense.