• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

So, I'm on the Rim.

DeletedUser

And I just hit 1,000,000 plundered resources.

I started on May the 11th. Today -- today is May 15th. I'm doing pretty well. I mean, of course, that my farming is up to par with the rank 1 of the world (it took him 4-5 days to hit 1mil. plundered too), and my troop count is high enough that I'm farming with all LC at 50 commands by this point. I've coined a few farm levels to keep troop production 24/7 and other long-queued building, so, thus, my village is at about 2k points, too. I'm the leader of my own tribe, and my Rally Point is level 4 -- not bad -- so I'm pretty active here.

But as I look around... I have nothing to noble. I'm days away from an academy, sure, but the second-highest-point village in my province is 300 pts. The provinces all around me have villages with way less points -- I'm outgrowing them and am outgrowing them. In fact, the villages 2, 3, 4 provinces away are all less points than I.

So... what am I to do here? Do I slowly make my way into the core? Will I ever be able to hit a top 50 spot all the way at 376|492? Is someone going to have to donate their village to me from the core for me to even have a shot at success in this world? Do my chances of success really die 1 week after the world opens?

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser1914

Nice little brag about yourself.Clearly you have not looked outside your province. Bordering your right you have the tribe Akatsuki full of 1k+ players.
Then to your south you have another tribe with yet again players over 1k
As to your troops...well spears and a good shield wall erm I mean village wall are always superior to horse riders i suppose.

DeletedUser3391

And I just hit 1,000,000 plundered resources.

[...] my farming is up to par with the rank 1 of the world [...]

In your dreams. But, anyway, if you don't like your area, you can always relocate. At the activity rate that you claim, you'd catch up with everyone else in no time.

DeletedUser2084

In your dreams. But, anyway, if you don't like your area, you can always relocate. At the activity rate that you claim, you'd catch up with everyone else in no time.
Well if hes getting Thief of the day I'm sure that's a clear indicator hes doing better than the #1.

DeletedUser

I'm not getting 'thief of the day'. What I am doing is comparing my speed to that of the rank 1 when he was just starting out too -- not comparing myself to the rank 1 as he or she is at current.

Nevertheless, I'm hopeful. The rim allows for greater farming than in the core and generally less competition -- so, perhaps, I'll have an advantage on some level.

DeletedUser2084

Err yeah that's to be expected. If two players with the exact same skill level started in the core and the rim, the rim player would almost always win due to how tightly packed the core is compared to how easy the rim is.

DeletedUser

You're reading the post wrong...
I'm up to his pace when he was at my stage of growth -- not farming the exact same amount as the rank 1 now. These are different things.

DeletedUser3391

Well if hes getting Thief of the day I'm sure that's a clear indicator hes doing better than the #1.
Yes, only he's not thief of the day, nor he's doing better than the #1. All he says is that his
[...] farming is up to par with the rank 1 of the world [...]
which is something I'd bet one of my ears he doesn't actually know (no offense intended, Shyroh).

DeletedUser3016

If your area is as inactive as you say it is, then realistically you should be hammering way past what the #1 player was achieving early game, as they had a lot more competition for resources, compared to you now. If you are progressing at the rate you feel, why not build up in the area you are in. The world will gradually make it's way outwards, and you will be prepared for when the core hits you that way, rather than fighting them straight up.

DeletedUser3309

The rim is good for people who aren't confident in the core.

DeletedUser3444

Shyroh, if there are really no targets around, just start nobling the barbs around you, building them up and making one massive block of 10+ villages in just 1 province. Put a level 3 church in and it will be though af for anyone got get into your province :p

DeletedUser3087

Ew, Barb nobling in your own province... You disgust me :p

You have never had the pleasure it seems to have been assualted by a whole tribe who each nobled a barb in your province to get a church, so they could take you out. Barbs are needed for resources early on, but later on they serve as an easy entry to your province. I must also say this happend to me before the church took so bloody long to build, but there are other ways to build it faster, or to set up a chapel instead. So just saying.

DeletedUser1914

Ew, Barb nobling in your own province... You disgust me :p
Not gonna lie if i can i always try to noble every village in my province that isnt blue ,purple or aqua Makes it oh so much harder to attack me.

DeletedUser

Nothing more annoying than a barb turning colour in province - but not sure it's so annoying as I'd want to spend so many nobles as to take ALL of them Rhaegar!

DeletedUser2754

It all depends on style of play, the activity of each player. It depends on your own tribe. And finally on the quality of your enemy.
But I still haven't faced one enemy player/tribe who has nobled every village in the province who were able to stop me... and I must say it was always easy to enter the province.
Yes, it has the potential to be a litlle harder, but that's it, just a bit harder. And what you gain with this a bit harder is not enough to make up with what you loose.

Advantages:
1. Villages are close to each other, support moves quickly from one village to another.
2. You don't need many churches to give faith to all your villages.
3. Your enemy can't have faith in your province if he decides to attack you

Disadvantages:
1. By nobling every barb in a province you are nobling your own farms that can boost your growth. So the enemy you will be fighting down the line is doubling his income in resources and that means he is growing times faster than you.
2. While your future enemy is nobling fully developed villages that can be used to deploy resources and troops fast, you are nobling villages that need all that work to be done and resources to be spent. Again he is growing times faster than you.
3. By extending your domain by a wider area you can easily set a safe area to support another area, while if all your villages are packed together if the enemy attacks it will be harder to check what are the fakes and real attacks.
4. By extending your domain you have a variety of targets you can use to test and enhance your abilities and to pick which ones to fight and to decide when it is the right time for you to fight, while if you stay in your own corner, the enemy will decide that for you. Choosing the right time to attack is key for success.
5. The nobles you are using to noble villages that will never attack you are nobles you aren't using to make your enemy weaker.
6. It requires a lot of nobles to control such a short portion of the map.

Tactics to overcome a full province:
1. It's not common to find provinces fully owned by just one player. On most circumstances you'll find a province owned by 3 or 4 barb noblers from the same tribe. So all you have to do is pick the least active guy and make a surprise raid on him on the days/hours he is likely to be inactive. And this will get you a foot in that full province without any trouble at all. And in addition this will piss the remaining players in the province who always thought they were safe.
2. On the rare occasions where the whole province is owned by just one barb nobler, you have to consider that 99% of the players who use this tactic have a limited understanding of the game and rely on this to save them. For these kind of players you just have to spend a bit more nukes on the first village (3 or 4 instead of 1 or 2) and you're good to go for the rest of the villages. So all that effort only required 1 or 2 extra nukes on a province worth +60 villages. That's such a small drop in the ocean...
3. For the rarest occasion where you face a player who use this tactic but do know how to play just gather a few players and use nukes with the paladin to get the first village.
4. Time your nukes and a sab run on your enemy church villages in a way where the saboteurs land just before the nukes. You attack with no faith. He defends with no faith. So in the end it will be just like any other battle.
5. Or just do it all: time a sab run on the church villages; a few seconds later have a few pal nukes from different players landing; followed by your nobles; build the chapel on that same second: And have your remaining nukes landing on the rest of the villages and all of a sudden it's you who is attacking with full faith and the enemy defending at half faith... That was hard... lol!

My personal conclusion is that it has more disadvantages than advantages... and the challenge is not that hard to overcome... Personally there is only one situation where I think this is a valid tactic, when you are surrounded by enemies by all sides and defense becomes the main priority. Still this needs to be done with caution, if you are just defending then one day your enemy will get one village and you will crumble from there. It's just a matter of time until you fall. So besides this you also need to focus on expanding from there and make your enemy bleed.

Last edited by a staff member: