• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Sabotage feature has ruined this game

DeletedUser

LordDiablos;n14971 said:
Well all,

As Leader of a Tribe The Art of War I think Sabotage is very fair and well balanced it bring's back into play that player that don't pay much of the game can still be part of an organised team... A sabotage Team... I personally really like this feature... and have tested it from server one.

Still 1 defending spy will block 1 sabotage spy so there is still way's to defend against this attack.

The Only thing I would add to this feature is that either you can see incoming spy assault so that you can defend against them or if you can move spies from 1 village to another.

However overall the 1 building level per sabotage assault is 100% balanced and I personally think this should be use as part of overall game strategies...

I think Inno... has done a really good job putting a feature like this into the game as it give's player's more choose on how they would like to play.

So then having a tribe send, say 50 spies to attack one player is fair and balanced when their only defense is to recruit spies as soon as they die is fair? Uh. No.

DeletedUser

i am no longer part of the art of war. the reason for this is because there out look in not mine. anyone that wants to join me may join to find honor on the battle field

DeletedUser1249

Are you kidding me? You don't like people using a feature in the game, so you are going to run away and pout? This is a game about team battles. Speaking as a veteran, do you think it's fair that our enemies overseas have outdated weapons? Are you going to put down your own M16 or M4 because their weapon is no match? No. Either man up or leave the game.

DeletedUser

Any rational person can see that sabotage is over powered beyond belief. spam a spy which cost 500 resources /2k resources and take down buildings worth thousands with 1 sabotage spy? Completely unbalanced. i cripple an enemy over night and he cant do anything about it? just stupid

DeletedUser486

Hanoce;n14980 said:
Are you kidding me? You don't like people using a feature in the game, so you are going to run away and pout? This is a game about team battles. Speaking as a veteran, do you think it's fair that our enemies overseas have outdated weapons? Are you going to put down your own M16 or M4 because their weapon is no match? No. Either man up or leave the game.
It takes months to build up your villages. How would you like to see your work torn down in 20 min without being able to defend against it? You obviously haven't seen the full potential of such an overpowered feature yet, to not think that is unfairly balanced in favour of the attacker.
You are the worst type of player that attempts to exaggerate an in game situation with that of a real life example.

If you need to use a feature that a player can't defend against to beat them, you aren't much of a player.

DeletedUser

Hanoce;n14980 said:

I think you are using your comparison the wrong way sir. These aren't M16's or M4's spies are nukes and even though they are around thankfully people aren't stupid enough to use them.
But according to your theory whoever has the best nuke should just go ahead and use it? Because nukes are weapons as well and countries without them have weapons that aren't a match for nukes... So if a conflict breaks out nuke those bastards? No some people are smart enough and civil enough to realize what is destructive for everyone.

Spies are uncontrolled destruction of a village: you can't control what buildings are targeted you just wipe whatever it tends to hit. The attackers risk and cost is very low while the reward is very high just a tad bit of build time and resources do mass amounts of damage. One of the comments given at some point during one of the many sabotage discussions was well bigger players defeat smaller players anyways so them being able to sabotage them to death is the same thing. Morale makes it so that even a small players has a chance to defend himself or at least give the bigger player a hard time, cause some losses. A bigger player sabotaging a smaller one is the most one side fight you will ever see speaking from experience as the n1 in w2, there are close to no losses for me the smaller players don't have even the slightest chance to give me a hard time.

What would make sabotage balanced:
- If the success rate while sabotaging a player without defending spies would be dialed way back let's say 20%
- Either have defending spies not die so someone can't just easily wipe the defenders with a few scout building attacks followed by sabotages
- Or make it so you can see scout attacks coming and make it so players can stack scouts from other villages

Any players saying that scouts are balanced either don't comprehend what you can do with them or are in a place where they can abuse this feature without any mayor consequences and don't think of the future. At some point the situation will change and you will be able to get sabotaged to death as well my guess is those guys abusing it now will be the first to scream get rid of it when they feel what it can do to them.

DeletedUser

Dear all,

I would like a direct answer of the in game mod. Should we still use Sabotage Assaults as a tribe or not? As as soon as you let me know I will let my tribe know... Thank you

DeletedUser

By what I've read on multiple communities, most people aren't satisfied with it, and my opinion is also that it needs some balancing. My guess is it won't take very long before it actually will.

DeletedUser

Well On server 4 The Art of War Has Stopped using Sabo Assaults... however Hot Coffee are now still sending these assault even after we have stopped these assaults for over 12 hours... We as a tribe now have no choose to now start re-using them against the tribe as they are continuing to us the feature on us... So This feature overall is Balance If two Large tribes are both using the Feature 150 members Vs 150 members... I do agree If it is a whole tribe Vs 1 player it is extremely unfair and The Art of War will be adding into there Policy that servers going forward we will NOT be using this feature. unless a tribe uses it on us first. Hopefully Inno will have a fix for this shortly

DeletedUser

Does anyone remember the zeus lightning bolts from grepolis? it was pretty much the same exact feature - it was never removed from the game, tribes just got together and said that collectively they would not engage in that behaviour.

DeletedUser1254

I don't care if they get rid of it, but they need to figure it out quickly. That's great that so many people want us to just not use it. Well, that's a lot of wasted resources sitting their doing nothing, while others with different halls can rack up Berserkers and trebs, etc.

So now, cause inno games made a feature that many feel is too overpowered, those of us who chose it are handicapped while we wait for changes that none of us know when or if they will happen.

DeletedUser486

JohnTheGreat;n15141 said:
I don't care if they get rid of it, but they need to figure it out quickly. That's great that so many people want us to just not use it. Well, that's a lot of wasted resources sitting their doing nothing, while others with different halls can rack up Berserkers and trebs, etc.

So now, cause inno games made a feature that many feel is too overpowered, those of us who chose it are handicapped while we wait for changes that none of us know when or if they will happen.
I doubt you will find a player that DOESN'T have a thieves Guild, and you obviously haven't been the victim of sabotage, yet are happy enough to destroy a player's hard work without them being able to defend against you.
It is not that you are handicapped for choosing Thieves Guild, everyone has one, my strategy for choosing them hasn't changed because I refuse to use it. There are just the players who respect their competition enough to not use it until Inno makes it a bit fairer for the victims...and then there are players like you, who want the easy win, who don't care that it takes a player months to build up a village, for you to tear it back down overnight while they are powerless to stop it. There are players who can do without an overpowered and unfair feature, and then there's you.

Stop complaining, it gives the impression you don't think you can win unless a game mechanic renders you impossible to be defended against.

DeletedUser16

Hey guys,

I've already said this before in this thread but I'll say it again. The devs heard your voice and they are working on the sabotage feature, it will be changed in the next couple of updates (I would tell you the exact update, but I don't know it my self).

I really do understand your concerns and I agree that sabotage is overpowered, but we will all have to be patient.

DeletedUser1254

Yatogami;n15146 said:
I doubt you will find a player that DOESN'T have a thieves Guild, and you obviously haven't been the victim of sabotage, yet are happy enough to destroy a player's hard work without them being able to defend against you.
It is not that you are handicapped for choosing Thieves Guild, everyone has one, my strategy for choosing them hasn't changed because I refuse to use it. There are just the players who respect their competition enough to not use it until Inno makes it a bit fairer for the victims...and then there are players like you, who want the easy win, who don't care that it takes a player months to build up a village, for you to tear it back down overnight while they are powerless to stop it. There are players who can do without an overpowered and unfair feature, and then there's you.

Stop complaining, it gives the impression you don't think you can win unless a game mechanic renders you impossible to be defended against.
Give me a break. I'm actually not the one in here complaining. I suppose it's fair for a bunch of high powered pay to play people wiping out my months of hard work when my village was taken in world 2. I didn't cry and complain. Was that fair? And, you can defend it with spies and help from your tribe (even ones without sabo).

Seems to me it's more about the players who like sinking lots of money into getting their "unfair" advantage getting pissy about losing it.

DeletedUser486

1.6 is bringing a change to spies.
1. Sabotage needs at least 3 spies. That leaves one sabotage action per village at a time.
2. Sabotage requires active Thieves Guild to work.

Looking forward to seeing the change bring balance to the force.

DeletedUser

It brings some balance but remains overpowered in case of mass attacks. The whole issue with the sabotage is when a big enough tribe decides to gangbang one player. Now that player is totally exposed, and this fix won't change that. And I still don't see how catapults are in balance with the thieves.

DeletedUser486

It will certainly limit it, and is a step in the right direction.

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n15146 said:
There are just the players who respect their competition enough to not use it until Inno makes it a bit fairer for the victims...and then there are players like you, who want the easy win, who don't care that it takes a player months to build up a village, for you to tear it back down overnight while they are powerless to stop it.
Are we playing the same game??? "Months to build up a village?" Do you truly believe that? Have you seen how many troops you can get with the "instant" purchase? Wipe out a player's troops, and they can instantly have another army basically right back in their village.

We have instant "buildings". Pay the man, get the resources, and walla! instant building. That alone takes away any "it takes months to build a village" comment. TW2 doesn't take "months" to build a village. Seriously, has it really taken you months to get a village up and running?

DeletedUser

Depends on what you mean by up and running. I have been playing for well over a month and don't have the Hall building yet. And don't tell me I'm not active then because i have had back surgery and spend plenty of time here. Just not plenty of money. So yes, it does take months w/o cash.

In so far as sabotage I'm willing to give the new requirements a try. At least we are moving in the right direction and faster than we were originally told. If it still becomes an issue they have shown us on this that they listened and responded. Thank you moderators and developers.