• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Roleplaying

DeletedUser

I'm probably the only person ever going to roleplay in this game ever. Why? Because besides attacking each other, no one does anything different.

So what am I roleplaying as? A merchant of course! A merchant that will rip your ass off at a 1.1:1 resource ratio as well as offer defensive unit deals for sell-swords to protect a village for X amount of time.

This game is slower than TW1 so might as well have fun with it and make it something different.

Oh and did I mention? Once I progress further in the world I plan to make a full zerker nuke village and sell off the nuking to the highest bidder? Huzzah! Imagine buying 3000 zerkers worth of a nuke to send at thy enemies! That will be quite the fireworks!

Of course, this roleplay will only come into effect if I live to about 10 villages, then I can get into the serious RP stuff. XD

But I think it will add that extra spice this game needs. We need players willing to play outside the metaphorical box.

DeletedUser

sounds cool, but you may want to join a tribe of like-minded people are you will just be painting a massive target on your back

DeletedUser486

I would very much enjoy you managing to slip into your roleplay routine if the world turns your way. Good luck Sinsun.
Maybe you could have like anonymous testimonies of players enjoying your services to keep us posted and advertise your roleplay.

Good luck cause here are the issues i see with a "merchant" guild.

First off getting the ressys that would be worth the nuke and the risk of pissing off a large tribe would be annoying without someone whose maxing markets (which i personally dont usually) and even if they did it would be hard to send all the required ressys without over filling ur depot in the recieving villas. Doable with coordnation but annoying.

You will need to be ur own tribe entity and basicly require that someone pay u for individual hits? No i want an ally that will goto war with me not just send 1 attack heh in the late game an attack is meh. You need 5 to break most decently defended villas.

You cant be in a major tribe with this idea cause they will stop u from breaking their diplo and if u are the lead ur gonna make alot of enemies and lose ur mates to other tribes who are more established and less "crazy"

Only way this can work is if ur the biggest in the world and dont care about who decides to hit u back. Which if ur the biggest why not just kill everyone or take down 1 tribe at a time?

I dunno im trying not to be a pessimist but i dont see this working in the game. Esp if the people u attack are good and just stuff ur nukes and laugh at whoever paid u to send em.

DeletedUser

Not sure if you lost the point. It's just roleplay. I am not trying to win the world. I simply do have no shits to give in that regard. Because we don't get fame, glory or any sort of payment for winning. Just a time sink.

So for me, for this world in particular. I am just going to roleplay it out. I plan to stay alone as my own entity (people can join me if they're up for giving all care to the wind about actually winning the world).

But what people are missing is, there's a good opportunity for multiple roles to be played out if this was done correctly and we could get enough people to act it out. (Which I doubt we would as most people playing don't even read this forum let alone want to do anything else besides be a sim city builder or attack people to be the "#1 tribe").

Seriously though, what has winning a world got any of us? There's absolutely no reward or reason to care about winning unless you just want to be on top and that's the end in itself for you.

I have simpler tastes that does not require trying so hard at beating out anyone else.

hehe and that is why u and i are different gamers...i play to win, i play to be better then the other guy either via skill or activity, and of course i play for the recognition of winning. Losing is never fun for me Im too competitive.

BTW winning the world gets u coins and if ur top bash or top player u get even more coins. So theres that haha but yea i do it for the "bragging rights" if u wana call it that as well ;).

DeletedUser

Think about those coins... You just spent 2-3 years on a world winning them, then the only place you can use them again is going through the game again for another 2-3 years on a different server with more free coins to start off with. It just becomes a time sink for me if it's not playing just for fun.

I was on a winning tribe back in Tribal Wars 1 under a different account I had which is long gone by now. I gotta say, when you win the world, there's really no one left in the world to even show off your winning to. They either quit the game or moved onto another world. They don't care enough to look back and say "Oh, that guy won!".

Besides Juval, I'm just playing this one for fun.

DeletedUser2937

Good luck
Hope you guys grow well and make some noise!

DeletedUser2635

hehe and that is why u and i are different gamers...i play to win, i play to be better then the other guy either via skill or activity, and of course i play for the recognition of winning. Losing is never fun for me Im too competitive.

BTW winning the world gets u coins and if ur top bash or top player u get even more coins. So theres that haha but yea i do it for the "bragging rights" if u wana call it that as well ;).
Bragging rights? I have no idea who you are, neither does 90% of the community.
You say you are too competitive, well I like destroying competitive people, they get pissed. :)

damn right i get pissed when i lose haha ;) cya on 15 then :p

And i dunno if i see someone who was a leader or an officer in a winning tribe i tend to play a lil more cautiously toward them since i cant assume they suck. All intel i can get on people i will use to my advantage.

DeletedUser

Bragging rights? I have no idea who you are, neither does 90% of the community.
You say you are too competitive, well I like destroying competitive people, they get pissed. :)

Exactly. Who are the winners? Why should I care? Do I really lose anything by not caring? I don't even remember the names of any of the tribes I was in on Tribal Wars 1, let alone some tribes I've been in on TW2 before the grand war that is now on Juval.

It's just no one really cares about the winners in the end of it all. So if you can't have fun with it in your own ways, there's just no point in doing it.

This world for me is roleplay. I had one tribe already contact me that was in my province that tried to vaguely threaten me if I did not join them. XD I laughed because the other tribe in my province is mopping the floor with their villages and has already agreed to buy some of my services in the future when I grow a bit more.

It just goes to show, not everyone will fight to conquer every possible village. Say I got 10 villages out of 10,000 and selling my services to people. Is there really a reason to noble me off besides out of spite if I am neutral and mostly defensive?

DeletedUser2635

I see no point in doing it, but I also see no point in not doing it, I will leave it to personal prefference.