• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Retaining Playerbase

DeletedUser4271

One of the biggest problems TW2 has at the moment is retaining the player base.Even now after years of being a game tw1 still attracts a larger player base than tw2. to me there is several reasons.

#1 - for being a "casual" game it is difficult to play casually. in the begining of tw2 it was a casual game but over time is has with nerfs and buffs to game features and units become more who attacks wins.due to the power offensive units have and the ease of access for offensive troops in comparison to defensive troops.
As we know inno games bases battles of provisions.Now we can recruit spears sword archers etc rather quickly both in terms of barrack levels and overall training time 1:25 / 1:54 / 2:51 respectively. however they all merely number 1 provision. and come with their own strength and weakness towards troop types.ideally to defend you need all 3 troop types to cover everything. where in offensive at lvl 11 barracks has the capability to produce a 4 population per unit troop type. it takes roughly 5:42 to recruit it 42 seconds longer than what it takes to build 4 spears. it recruits quicker than both swords and archers however. and so it takes a much shorter time to build an army than defensive.they move faster and are rather stronger meaning the defender will always require more troops than an attacker despite the fact an attacking army can often be built quicker.
With this it becomes far more difficult to defend because you need many more troops in a short time than what you can produce.thus relying on your tribe.however often unless your in the top 5 tribes you dont get that support most times.

#2 - a lack of support in the sense that near to no veteran players take the time to teach the game. and that many new players just want to get big without direct conflict with players because they can loose villages.this ties in with many tribe that whilst the tribe limit may be 200 most of the "better" tribes take on only veterans or for the smaller "elite" tribes dont take in new players because it would slow them down or make them look bad.It is a lack of effort and wanting to so desperately win every world that prevents them from learning.

#3 - tribes avoiding war with tribes their size.I've been around for a while playing under the names rhaegar2/caelum2/mast3rofnone and in many new worlds alot of tribes that are top 5 simply dont war each other like they used to.Back in en9/12/21 etc tribes fought their neighbours.Now most tribes avoid fighting untill one has a distinctive size difference.tying back to the fact that rather than dish it out with players that could beat them they rather take new players villages as their easier and often lack the support that others do than simply fight someone who is equally skilled or as big.

were not retaining players because often time nobody teaches them and everyone takes them out because nobody has that same mentality that we used to.Now it is all about winning and getting the crowns for each world or looking good. take Krakas for example. i was rejected early on from a tribe because i wasnt in the top 100.The recruiter gave a player link(one of their current members) and while they themsleves were rank 2 in the world given as an example going through their conquer list was just barbarians and internalls.Yet because they had lots of villages and looked good they prefer them over players who are smaller but more integrated in tribes.

End meaning. tribal wars has gone from respecting your enemies and wanting to have a good fight to now just looking good and who has more villages/crowns/easy wins.

DeletedUser3087

were not retaining players because often time nobody teaches them and everyone takes them out because nobody has that same mentality that we used to.

Often they don't want to listen or care to read the guides you give them... Asking frustratingly simple question over and over again. But still trying to help where I can. People are just lazy I guess... Like why should I use a Battle calc to see if I will kill him... my troops are just stronger than his so they will win :p

One of the biggest problems TW2 has at the moment is retaining the player base.Even now after years of being a game tw1 still attracts a larger player base than tw2. to me there is several reasons.
you've made good points, especially for the offensive and defensive balances!
I don't play tw1 because of the visuals are not taking me into the game... but I agree with you my friend...
I want to return the game but seeing this complaints are still on, makes me "wait" more....
and It's good to see you guys @JD619 and @Caelum2

DeletedUser1581

TW2 has been dying for 2-3 years now. The reason being that the mods never listened to what the community wanted and added things that no one ever spoke of like vp which has been a shambles.
All it takes is to listen to the communities ideas and try to implement them, e.g. people were asking for a smaller tribe limit when I first came form tw1 about 3 years ago. Still waiting. This is just one example, another is people asking for a proper end game like we were meant to have where you build a fortress and lock down continents. I'm afraid tw2 is dead and inno are jsut using it for all the money they can now.

TW2 has been dying for 2-3 years now. The reason being that the mods never listened to what the community wanted and added things that no one ever spoke of like vp which has been a shambles.
All it takes is to listen to the communities ideas and try to implement them, e.g. people were asking for a smaller tribe limit when I first came form tw1 about 3 years ago. Still waiting. This is just one example, another is people asking for a proper end game like we were meant to have where you build a fortress and lock down continents. I'm afraid tw2 is dead and inno are jsut using it for all the money they can now.
TOTALLY AGREE!
hey there @whitty :) good to see you

I think some of the problems about retaining player base is more fundamental to the game itself, rather than changing from world to world.

This game takes time, in two ways. First, you need a huge amount of activity and farming, especially given that the resources you get from farming >>> resource from resource pits. Those that farm will have a constant inherent advantage throughout the game at all stages. This gets more difficult for casual players as they go. The more villages, the more time it takes to farm, the more tiring it can get. This is especially true for a lot of mobile players once they reach the 10-20 village stage. Secondly, this game often requires you to be online very frequently, every day. Not only do you have to commit time, you often have to be on at time where you may be busy. It is easy to lose weeks of progress overnight because you were asleep and a noble train hit. Having coops helps, but this requires active coops and preferably ones in different time zones, which is difficult to have. This combined with the fact that worlds takes months to a year or more to finish basically weeds out all but the most committed players, which even keeps out experienced players from always playing.
Furthermore, a lot of mechanics in this game can be very frustrating. For a start, cats and sabotages are basically tools to make people ragequit.
If this game wants to really retain players, devs needs to make managing larger accounts easier by making some much needed QoL changes, especially on mobile platforms.

I like to see the names I know :) greetings dear @Lord-Titus ... you know the game, I agree with your statements and suggestion. except sabotage :p
there is one thing I want to add Tribal Wars 2 Youtube Channel has been inactive for a YEAR! and they put a video that is about the update that is for "beta world" and simply about "language" !!!
a language update video after a year!?...
I'm not mad, I'm dissapointed :mad:
tenor.gif

DeletedUser1581

I think some of the problems about retaining player base is more fundamental to the game itself, rather than changing from world to world.

This game takes time, in two ways. First, you need a huge amount of activity and farming, especially given that the resources you get from farming >>> resource from resource pits. Those that farm will have a constant inherent advantage throughout the game at all stages. This gets more difficult for casual players as they go. The more villages, the more time it takes to farm, the more tiring it can get. This is especially true for a lot of mobile players once they reach the 10-20 village stage. Secondly, this game often requires you to be online very frequently, every day. Not only do you have to commit time, you often have to be on at time where you may be busy. It is easy to lose weeks of progress overnight because you were asleep and a noble train hit. Having coops helps, but this requires active coops and preferably ones in different time zones, which is difficult to have. This combined with the fact that worlds takes months to a year or more to finish basically weeds out all but the most committed players, which even keeps out experienced players from always playing.

I personally think bringing back a PA account like on TW1 where you pay 1 yearly fee and then it enables you to have scripts for res balancing ect. I understand with this it then becomes who has better scripts but you'd expect the community to share most of the basic ones like mass recruit and farm runs ect. You could still have crowns alongside it too so it would jsut make more $$$$ for innos glorious campaign.
Unfortunately I think the player base is too far gone for it too be revived, so many players have quit and worlds just get smaller and smaller. Hopefully I am wrong.