• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Resilience pays

DeletedUser

As the world is ending, I just wanted to tell my little experience on en13, as it was the first time for me playing TW2 and I had a lot of fun - after and before getting bashed to 2 villages around Christmas. I think this game lives from the little stories everyone experiences during such a long time - not necessarily the biggest battles. My message is pretty much: it pays off to keep on going, particularly after a huge loss.

I started pretty late into the game, which was not a big deal, I was surrounded by other newbies somewhere in the south-eastern quadrant of the world. I figured out how to use hot keys, send my first attack with 5 nobles and realized: that doesn't work. Started to get better fast. I asked LoD to join, they never responded - joined LOY. LOY disbanded quickly, and I founded my own tribe SWC - which lasted about 1 month. In the west, Barbaric Plague was approaching, towards the east and south, we were surrounded by LoD.

Short story: SWC didn't survive a coordinated attack by LoD because no one had experience with coordinated attacks and lost courage just by seeing the number of fake attacks. At that time, I was in contact with OneAlpha and Euraniel, to allow players from SWC to join BP. In the end, almost everyone from SWC gave up and I ended up joining BP almost alone. I was, however, still surrounded by LoD - who hesitated attacking BP for a while.

This didn't last long. There was a huge wave of inactive BP members around Christmas - OneAlpha left, Euraniel's house burned down, another one lost his job. Once LoD realized I was alone, it was quick: Ezrael nobled about 8 barbs in my province. From the north, RLP gained ground on BP inactives. I internalled myself towards the east, but it wasn't fast enough. From my last village with nobles, I send a train to the core where kendawg offered me a barb:

On the current Map, this was at area 2: https://pictr.com/images/2016/05/25/86db7e0926a1e0fb38109b8575c6800c.png

I was somehow relieved, because being surrounded by enemies in 2 hr nobling distance is very time consuming :) No one knew me in my new area and no one suspected any danger from a 10.000 pt player. I didn't trust my new area, located in-between SI and TIG/ZRG. Volker then offered me a new shelter far in the north, I internalled 3 villages (see area 5 on the map). I also nobled 1 barb far in the east (area 6), just out of safety reasons. I didn't want to disappear again.

At the same time, I tried to stay somewhere in the south-east and took some villages (area 3), but LoD/RLP grew too fast and there was no backup available, BP-members kept going inactive. It was the turning point of the world: BP was surrounded by enemies and more and more players went inactive.

Somewhere then, Metalbunny took over head of tribe and managed to somehow organize internalling of inactive members. We kicked those who nobled barbs or didn't participate, I think this was a huge motivation for everyone because messages of enemies nobling tribevillages started to get fewer. I somehow expected that MB would sooner or later quit, like all other tribeleaders, just because of the huge amount of time that is required to manage and coordinate a big tribe. He didn't :)

I gained ground in the north (area 5). No one noticed me, and those who saw a 100.000 pt player with 8 million bash didn't care (or dare) to touch. When you're new somewhere, players seem to concentrate on the old rivalries and ignore those that join in late. I was never attacked in any coordinated manner again since I lost my ground to LoD.

Anyway, IMAN started to noble RLP's somewhere North of the Core, and Metalbunny recommended I need a new home, so I took area 7.

A few weeks ago, Bananas joined, and I moved again to the south (area 8), to noble the last active RLP's and finally get back to my first home province. I landed again in 1 today, not sure there's enough time to take back all former villages though :)

If I'd start again, I think I would try to spread out earlier - and not cluster all villages in one region. It takes out the pressure - enemies can see your villages too, and will go for those players first who can be eliminated quickly, rather than painstakingly noble one village after the other from a player who spread over a huge area. It is also more difficult to estimate from where targets are drawing their support if villages are spread all over the world - mass spies are usually focused on one region, to detect weak spots. While the beginning of the game was interesting and fun, it was also really time intensive, I couldn't do it again! I had so much fun after starting new in mid-game!

Well, Cheers to everyone, it was (is) a fun world!

DeletedUser2616

wait you were in LOY?... me and moppotop are kinda the reason they fell apart. I rimmed their top 2 and he rimmed their 2 leaders... :D

DeletedUser

wait you were in LOY?... me and moppotop are kinda the reason they fell apart. I rimmed their top 2 and he rimmed their 2 leaders... :D

Yes, if I remember correctly, LOY was seperated in two big clusters, one in the north and one in the south-west. I was part of south-west, which basically had almost no communication with the LOY in the north. Once LOY started to fall apart, we decided to found our own tribe from the south-LOY cluster (SWC). It all happened very quickly, I think in October - November 2015. I didn't want to join LoD because their tribe-profile message read so awkward.

[edit]
Maybe some of you remember Gerdopoulos, he was the only one I judged as a capable leader in LOY, but he didn't have the time and once he joined Merkaba, I decided to leave LOY. My decision to join BP was simple: it matched my playstyle - aggressive-offensive but honest gameplay. Merkaba was too lazy, LoD too unorganized and dominated by a few big players and barb noblers.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2616

Well, I don't think the north part had good communication either. We went after them because their leaders had some sort of grudge with ZGrim, So we put them in their place :p

This was around September. Somehow I managed to get to 7th on points and 2nd on OBP during that time. I was just slinging nukes and nobles everywhere without any follow up plan. But freaking Kei, if it wasn't for him I would've had a lot more daily/weekly awards :(

DeletedUser

Well, I don't think the north part had good communication either. We went after them because their leaders had some sort of grudge with ZGrim, So we put them in their place :p

This was around September. Somehow I managed to get to 7th on points and 2nd on OBP during that time. I was just slinging nukes and nobles everywhere without any follow up plan. But freaking Kei, if it wasn't for him I would've had a lot more daily/weekly awards :(

Haha, around December, I was 2nd in DBP worldwide 8)

DeletedUser3001

There was a huge wave of inactive BP members around Christmas - OneAlpha left, Euraniel's house burned down, another one lost his job.

Somewhere then, Metalbunny took over head of tribe and managed to somehow organize internalling of inactive members. We kicked those who nobled barbs or didn't participate, I think this was a huge motivation for everyone because messages of enemies nobling tribevillages started to get fewer. I somehow expected that MB would sooner or later quit, like all other tribeleaders, just because of the huge amount of time that is required to manage and coordinate a big tribe. He didn't :)

I miss OneAlpha he was an awesome leader during his short reign! However I dont blame either Kendawg or OneAlpha for quitting at the time they did. Considering we were at war with 5-8 tribes, OneAlpha had just gotten the founder title from an inactive tribe leader (Mr DareDeviler), half of the tribe was inactive, then the BP - BTH merger happened and for those who remember that time the merger wasnt complete, tons of internal shitstorms started (mainly in BTH areas) and a few more tribes we had barely heard of declared war on us AND Kendawg/OneAlpha tried to lead us through all that shit single handedly. I doubt there is a person who could of dealt with all that single handedly!

I highly doubt I would of been able to handle it if it wasnt for people like Shepard and others in the council helping out then later Hibakusha joined as well which eased up the work load even further. In my opinion the only reason we survived when we shouldnt of had was because plenty of people and not just I stepped up to deal with the shitstorms :)

https://pictr.com/images/2016/05/25/86db7e0926a1e0fb38109b8575c6800c.png

Anyway, IMAN started to noble RLP's somewhere North of the Core, so I took area 7.

Also where would we be if individual players like for example you, Sir Steve, IMAN hadnt pushed in to RLP core as hard as you did. I doubt the Bzb - BH merger to end the world would of happened if it wasnt for your progress in core :)

DeletedUser

You look a little sad-angry-about-to-cry-face, on your forum picture :)
I think Metalbunny put up that face more than once trying to keep things together, but he does a sterling job as Tribeleader.
so not +1 for Bunny, but +10 for that effort and commitment.

DeletedUser

I miss OneAlpha he was an awesome leader during his short reign! However I dont blame either Kendawg or OneAlpha for quitting at the time they did. Considering we were at war with 5-8 tribes, OneAlpha had just gotten the founder title from an inactive tribe leader (Mr DareDeviler), half of the tribe was inactive, then the BP - BTH merger happened and for those who remember that time the merger wasnt complete, tons of internal shitstorms started (mainly in BTH areas) and a few more tribes we had barely heard of declared war on us AND Kendawg/OneAlpha tried to lead us through all that shit single handedly. I doubt there is a person who could of dealt with all that single handedly!

Absolutely, I hope my message didn't translate as if all former tribe leaders quit without reason. OneAlpha was one of the greatest on this world I had the pleasure to talk with. He had good reasons to leave, and I don't blame him. It was a difficult time back then. BP/BnB will win this world because you/we collected all the active, offensive and willing players in one tribe, pretty simple.. I will continue playing TW2, just because the end of this world demonstrated that barb nobling doesn't win worlds ^^

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser

I think I was first, for 2 days or so, then you (possibly) took over. Can't remember who it was actually, my motivation back then was pretty low :)
I think I was number one in defensive bash for around november until some time in february or so, can't remember exactly. Fun times, fun times.

DeletedUser2084

You look a little sad-angry-about-to-cry-face, on your forum picture :)
I think Metalbunny put up that face more than once trying to keep things together, but he does a sterling job as Tribeleader.
so not +1 for Bunny, but +10 for that effort and commitment.

Hah I know that feeling very well:)

DeletedUser

e13 started i joined S-I , left it. joined BNY and nobled S-I. won the world.

The End.

I hate to ask about your book reports from School were also this detailed ;)
But short and simple - Ill give you an "A" for that report anyway

DeletedUser

Wow, I didn't know that B-H had that kind of history, I'll be honest I was busy just being up in the north-east, hitting some of the guys in my area (getting worried about a big guy called Frenzy :p) and then trying to push back TDB (which we did), so I wasn't really paying that much attention to the rest of the world...

DeletedUser2616

We have a long history of name changes and infighting :D

If other tribes had decent spies inside from the start and knew the situation we would've been taken out back when we were BIG :p