• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

rams & catapults

DeletedUser5063

I have a question about rams & catapults.

If I send in rams and/or catapults alone without infantry, can the enemy infantry hurt/destroy rams/catapults?

Can rams/catapults hurt infantry?

how many rams do I usually need to destroy a wall?

how many catapults do I usually need to destroy a building?

If I send in rams and/or catapults alone without infantry, can the enemy infantry hurt/destroy rams/catapults?
Yes they will destroy your rams/cats ... NEVER send rams alone
Can rams/catapults hurt infantry?
They are both still offensive units so they are counted in the battle BUT rams have only 2 combat strength ( for comparison one axe have 45 ) so rams are totally useless if you want to use them to kill units ... cats on the other hand have 100 but killing troops isn't their purpose ... they are too expansive in terms of ress/provisions/barrack lvl to be wasted on attacking units ...
I remember someone on an old world using cats for both defense/offense thou ... 100 combat strength + 100 defense against arch/infantry for 8 provisions is still a big waste but you can look cool :eek:
how many rams do I usually need to destroy a wall?
It depends on what is defending the wall/what are you attacking with ... if i remember correctly 230 rams were enough to take down the wall from 20 to 0 against an empty villa ...
Keep in mind rams hit twice , before and after the battle ... you can find many great discussions about rams mechanism/effects in the forum ... just search for them
how many catapults do I usually need to destroy a building?
It depends on the building hitpoints/how many cats survive ( cats attacks after the battle) ...

As i said try to search on the forum and you will find some juicy threads about TW2 battle mechanisms ...