• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Performance Issues and Lag

DeletedUser486

Hiya Warriors,

As we are all aware, Tribal Wars 2 has suffered from lags, graphical errors, and other performance issues. Our developers would love to fix these issues, but are having trouble determining the root of the problems. In order to do this, we need your help. The devs need detailed descriptions of what happens before and after each performance issue. If you are willing to help us out and have recently experienced an issue, please fill out this form and place it into the comments below:

1) What system are you using (Chrome, IE, Android, iPhone)?
2) What was the issue?
3) What were you doing/what occurred on the screen or on your device when this issue occurred?
4) Was this issue resolved? If so, what happened prior to it being resolved? How long did the issue take to resolve?
5) What are your habits when using your device? Do you keep your device plugged in when playing the game? Do you leave your device on during the night? Do you regularly clear your cache and app data? Do you leave tabs or apps open while playing on your device?
6) When is the last time this issue occurred?

Please be as detailed as you can, including when you are describing your issue. A lag when switching between villages can be different than a lag when entering into the village screen. Please make a different post for each specific issue. It may be best to post your issues straight after they occur so that you can be as detailed as possible (and so that this post can be kept up to date). Thank you for your help.
The better our reproduction rates for working out causes for lag the quicker the developers will be able to improve performance.

Myself and @puppylover369 will be working on creating feedback for the developers to be able to respond to performance issues so feel free to contact us with any questions. Other than that we appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

DeletedUser

1) What system are you using (Chrome, IE, Android, iPhone)? Chrome ver. 43 on Windows 8.1
2) What was the issue? Lag, which appears nearly every day.
3) What were you doing/what occurred on the screen or on your device when this issue occurred? Two usual encounters, first is when I am zoomed in on my village, and the waterfall near my farm is on my screen, it usually causes me to drop to about 5fps or lower. Second usual instance is after 1-3+ hours of playing (actively doing things, or idling in a tab) and it goes to 1-2fps. It once started lagging within 20 minutes of playing.
4) Was this issue resolved? If so, what happened prior to it being resolved? How long did the issue take to resolve? I can only resolve the second issue with a refresh, it doesn't go away on it's own, and the settings I've tried don't affect it. No setting seems to affect the waterfall issue either.
5) What are your habits when using your device? Do you keep your device plugged in when playing the game? Do you leave your device on during the night? Do you regularly clear your cache and app data? Do you leave tabs or apps open while playing on your device? I use a laptop, and the charger is rarely not plugged in. I often have a lot of tabs open (~20-50) but I still get lag issues even if TW2 is the only thing running on my computer. I live in Australia with 10mbps on a good day, but I still get the same type of lag with good or bad connections, and my firewall can't be interfering due to it being disabled.
6) When is the last time this issue occurred? The refresh issue hasn't happened in the last 12 hours, and the waterfall lag happened about 5 hours ago.

DeletedUser

1) What system are you using (Chrome, IE, Android, iPhone)?
Mozilla Firefox
2) What was the issue?
Connection errors, occurring erratically and with varying frequency
3) What were you doing/what occurred on the screen or on your device when this issue occurred?
Usually happens when I'm doing one of the following; opening/receiving mail, opening reports, setting a new active village, accessing the tribe forum. When it gets to the point where they're happening so frequently that I can't do anything without an error I move over to Google Chrome, where the issues cease but scrolling is always very slow
4) Was this issue resolved? If so, what happened prior to it being resolved? How long did the issue take to resolve?
It's erratic... so it comes and goes almost at random. The frequency it happens at changes throughout the day and from day to day. Some days I don't get any error messages at all, some days it's impossible to use TW on Firefox. Most days I'll get several connection errors but it doesn't interfere too much
5) What are your habits when using your device? Do you keep your device plugged in when playing the game? Do you leave your device on during the night? Do you regularly clear your cache and app data? Do you leave tabs or apps open while playing on your device?
I usually leave TW running on one tab and have another open, though only running TW doesn't change anything. I've also used two different computers and had the same problems. I am using wi-fi on my home system, so that might play some part in it... though their doesn't seem to be any correlation between the frequency of the errors and the strength of the signal - I can have large numbers of errors while the connection is perfectly fine for other sites, and I also get the same problems over broadband.
6) When is the last time this issue occurred?
Yesterday

DeletedUser2121

Windows 7
CPU
Firefox
All of these are on auto upgrade so they are up to date
Problem is lag. Severe. It's now at the point where immediately after login in, that server lags immediately. It takes 30 seconds for each command and after 3 or 4 commands, the game locks up and I need to reload. So then I reload and same thing. I have taken care of all temp files, cookies and anything that could be causing this. And it has not helped in any way. Also, every other game I play "EVERY ONE OF THEM" has no lag issues. Just TW2. So I have no issues on my end. Its Innogames that has the issue. So will you please get your damned team working?

PS: Just so you know, this post took about the same time to post as all commands in-game do. So obviously its your server that the problem is. Not the game nor the players. Your server:p