• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Not very interesting after two weeks is it... ?

DeletedUser

Tribal Wars 2, gets a tad depressing very quickly... Its comparable to a short relationship with an overpowering girl... fun at first but no way can you keep dating it... very happy i never invested cash i reckon in next few days i will be throwing towel in myself. just don't seem to have a objective, a point, any kind of real interesting factors about it. as far as i can tell its a case of just continually producing troops.

anyway dont wish to go into a ranting thread, just saying..

DeletedUser

YIPPEEE just been attacked, and what an exciting time, i discovered that you have too rebuild your wall after an attack... wont be logging on again, turns back and never looks back....

you want me too rebuild things that take a crap load of time over and over... no chance innogame, just NOT HAPPENING!!
What a complete utter waste of my life ROFL

DeletedUser299

Got to agree with this.

I dunno how long Ive been playing Alnwick, maybe a month? If I'm lucky I'll upgrade one building per day, because of either the time to accumulate resources or the time to actually build it. At the moment I'm having to not build anything at all for over a week just to accumulate the res for minting some coins or making some noblemen. What fun having to not touch the game for over a week.

DeletedUser486

dangerousdan;n6161 said:
Got to agree with this.

I dunno how long Ive been playing Alnwick, maybe a month? If I'm lucky I'll upgrade one building per day, because of either the time to accumulate resources or the time to actually build it. At the moment I'm having to not build anything at all for over a week just to accumulate the res for minting some coins or making some noblemen. What fun having to not touch the game for over a week.
Do you not haver anyone to attack? It's tribal wars, not sim city.

DeletedUser299

Yatogami;n6172 said:
Do you not haver anyone to attack? It's tribal wars, not sim city.

Fair point, but I built all defense in my first two cities, expecting that someone else would be hostile. This highlights another issue which has already been raised on this forum about the loss value of cities, because they take so looooong to build this increases their loss value and players are more likely to build defense, lowering combat potential in the world.

DeletedUser800

Well it has to do with strategy. I only go heavy defense if I'm not planning to be active. If I know I'm going to be on and a lot and playing around the clock, then I go heavy O. I sometimes played the first tribal wars by going basically all O for the first 10 or so villages. You can't "defend" your village but you can recap ones that get taken. Usually people go for more of a balance like one offensive village for every defensive or two defense for every offense. Then of course some people play in partners where one person builds mostly offense and one person builds mostly defense and then the offense person clears villages for the defensive player and the defensive offers support when needed. I can see where you might find it boring though if you don't make attacking troops and you surround yourself with tribemates, no one to fight and nothing to fight with.

DeletedUser299

Im interested to know what it is you do when you play 'around the clock' as you say. Because builds at this stage take several hours and troop movements to anywhere worthwhile take several hours (nobles even longer). So you're logging on 'around the clock' and doing what exactly?

DeletedUser800

dangerousdan;n6180 said:
Im interested to know what it is you do when you play 'around the clock' as you say. Because builds at this stage take several hours and troop movements to anywhere worthwhile take several hours (nobles even longer). So you're logging on 'around the clock' and doing what exactly?

At this stage- farming (attacking barbs). Later, there's much more to do, like taking over other active players. Also, later, checking and tagging incomings, moving troops around. The game can be intensive as you want it to be. When I played really serious, I used to actually set alarms during the night for like every 1.5 hrs so I could resend farming and tag incomings. Kinda sad, but I loved the game. Met and married my husband via Tribal Wars though.

DeletedUser486

dangerousdan;n6180 said:
Farming barbarian villages mostly, your resource income increases exponentially with your troop counts this way and allows you to add the aforementioned expensive builds and mint the coins you desperately need for nobles, currently I'm playing Bastille which started after Alnwick and I'm aiming for my first noble train (4 nobles) now that I have reached 4 villages all with Academies.
It was rough though, required an offensive and aggressive start which sees me currently at rank 42 in points but rank 4 in Offense.

This is why the top players in Alnwick have 16 villages now, they are farming throughout the day and the more villages they own, the more troops they are producing and their growth just increases.

Farming is also a passive tactic in killing an enemy neighbour's growth, the more aggressively and effectively you farm, the less resources are left for your neighbours to collect and theoretically this should allow you to grow your villages faster and mint more coins. Unfortunately, until the coop play feature comes in and lets players tag each other in and out throughout the day to keep an eye on accounts, then round the clock activity solo is going to suck for success.
If you aren't willing to put that kind of time into this game, then truly I commend you for not getting sucked into the sheer intense competitive nature of tribal wars, but at the same time you WOULD just be sitting waiting to be attacked as you are and so I don't deny that your defensive start up strategy was probably the best one.

The kind of activity I put into start up generally requires the same activity and a great player to out pace me, or a lot of money spent. I'm not a good player, I'm just active and aggressive.

DeletedUser299

Yato and Hallie - a take on your posts if I may: Yato stated above that this 'isn't sim city' yet by both your own admission the vast majority of your time is spent sending out farming troops to barb camps, over, and over, and over, and over. I acknowledge that this at least requires user input, yet its hardly edge of your seat stuff is it. Cycling through 20 nearby barb camps, clicking your preset button over and over again is hardly what I would call fun and really is no better or worse than farm town on facebook. I don't know both your personal circumstances (and its none of my business) but I couldn't keep logging on this frequently I have other things to do.

The truth is that there isn't really much to do in the game, at least for the first several weeks. This 'round the clock' activity that the hardcore players speak of is nothing more than logging on and sending out farming raids, most of the time anyway.

HallieMarie - Waking up during the night every 1.5 hours - whilst I admire your dedication - shouldn't be what a game is about. And if you have to do that to be competitive then looking at it objectively it isn't really a well designed game. Its highly obsessive/addictive behaviour. There is something called work life balance and it doesn't just apply to work.

Don't get me wrong, I like empire building games, and I like there to be some excitement, action and things going on. The whole farming thing is duller than sitting waiting for a HQ to advance a level. 'Watching paint dry' is a very comparable example to some elements of this game.

I'm all for empire building but for god sake can't it be done in a way which injects some liveliness to it, a sense of urgency, a sense that you have something productive to log on for, and that when you do log on at the end of a working day you at least know that you'll be able to 'play' for a couple of hours instead of setting one 20 hour build going and logging off again.

I was just browsing the net searching for information on tribal wars and other games like this. I found this gem, way back from 2010 on the original TW forum:

Nudest said:
Why play TW? I used to have an answer for that, now I wonder why anyone plays this game.. stop playing and enjoy the freedom that comes with it. The problem with TW is that if you're not farming, you're not succeeding. Most players who are competitive like me, will end up wasting way too much RL time just trying to keep up with everyone.

In 4 years nothing has changed. Sorry to keep going on about it, but it's a fundamental issue.

DeletedUser800

dangerousdan;n6251 said:
Yato and Hallie - a take on your posts if I may: Yato stated above that this 'isn't sim city' yet by both your own admission the vast majority of your time is spent sending out farming troops to barb camps, over, and over, and over, and over. I acknowledge that this at least requires user input, yet its hardly edge of your seat stuff is it. Cycling through 20 nearby barb camps, clicking your preset button over and over again is hardly what I would call fun and really is no better or worse than farm town on facebook. I don't know both your personal circumstances (and its none of my business) but I couldn't keep logging on this frequently I have other things to do.

The truth is that there isn't really much to do in the game, at least for the first several weeks. This 'round the clock' activity that the hardcore players speak of is nothing more than logging on and sending out farming raids, most of the time anyway.

HallieMarie - Waking up during the night every 1.5 hours - whilst I admire your dedication - shouldn't be what a game is about. And if you have to do that to be competitive then looking at it objectively it isn't really a well designed game. Its highly obsessive/addictive behaviour. There is something called work life balance and it doesn't just apply to work.

Don't get me wrong, I like empire building games, and I like there to be some excitement, action and things going on. The whole farming thing is duller than sitting waiting for a HQ to advance a level. 'Watching paint dry' is a very comparable example to some elements of this game.

I'm all for empire building but for god sake can't it be done in a way which injects some liveliness to it, a sense of urgency, a sense that you have something productive to log on for, and that when you do log on at the end of a working day you at least know that you'll be able to 'play' for a couple of hours instead of setting one 20 hour build going and logging off again.

Tribal wars just may not be the game for you then and that's ok. I realize that farming is less glamorous than attacking and wars, but if you don't do the first, you're likely to be taken out before it gets fun. Even if you don't get taken out, you'll be behind others in your area. Waking up through the night for the game is a bit much and not something I do anymore as I'm playing more casually to be with my hubby. Most people did coplayers to avoid having to wake up in the night. I was always kind of protective of my account and didn't like strangers on it. I'm a do it myself kind of girl.

It's a strategy game, so it is slower. I also used to get a lot of my "fun" out of hanging out in skype chats with tribemates and mailing random people on the world. If you think farming is tedious, wait til you have thousands of incomings on hundreds of villages. Sorting that stuff out is tedious. :D So if you don't like it, try something else, it's not for everyone. But stick around if you think it might grow on you, it is a slow game, but I enjoy it a lot.

DeletedUser486

dangerousdan;n6251 said:
Maybe that's because I'm too modest to talk about being rank 4 for attack in Bastille? Farming is the grind, it is the equivalent of gathering experience, every PvP game has a grind aspect to it.

dangerousdan;n6251 said:
You aren't wrong, and usually it's this period that makes or breaks a player, or even a tribe. In tribal wars there was an account sitting feature where others could baby sit your account while you slept (mostly for peace of mind, though there are players arrogant enough to take advantage of other's generosity and demand work be done on their account). There would also be several players, sometimes as many as 4, or even more, sharing an account to spread the activity throughout the day.

dangerousdan;n6251 said:
I agree, it is why I am checking out TW2 after playing the first, I have been anticipating a slower version and I hope that with the removal of scripts and most of the management features that farming will be irrelevant after 20 or even 10 villages. In tribal wars one, farming is how you remained competitive and aimed to be the highest ranked player, and the more dedicated players farmed as their village numbers increased into the thousands, there were scripts and hotkeys and tricks that let them legally hand out thousands of attacks in a matter of minutes.
I'm happy to see it gone and the pace reduced here, unfortunately, the ability to farm still makes it somewhat a mad rush at the start.

DeletedUser

Well I think I gave it a month on "A" now and couple weeks on "B" and unfortunately don't see any improvements to the game. Nice graphics (compare to original TW) but very "manually" intensive. Not sure I care to "cycle" through reports of 20+ villages in 5 different provinces and attempt to send out farming troops back.. without farming at the start one does not really advance and hitting smaller players trying the game out is not something that interests me either. Having Tribes of 200 when there is no Noble planner or any decent management is not the best scenario. Did not check today, but not able to see in the command overview which troops are attacking and which are coming back is very confusing (at least for me).
Not sure I'll continue, specially now that FoE released new age..:)

Cheers & Happy Gaming to all

DeletedUser

The tribal quests section is currently locked, so I'm looking forward to what that will bring to the table. Tribal Wars 1 and 2 both are successful for their psychological rewarding. While not the first to do this, they have the equation worked out well. You get your 'fix' seeing each report with resources coming in, with each indication there is a new message or forum post, with every noble attack launch etc.

The world speed is a bit slow for me. I prefer being able to restock a nuke within 48-72 hours. World speed helps that, but with the removal of workshop and stable, that is probably my biggest issue right now.

DeletedUser

This is cause of the 50% morale outside province world. They are utterly boring. Waitng for a non-Chapel world.

DeletedUser

I use the farming time to scan my environment. The slow pace makes this game more like chess than risk. In chess, the action takes place between the moves as possible scenarios are worked through in the player's imagination. As I farm, I note the changes in villages ownership and growth. I also note inactive villages, spy them, clear them and add them to my collection of farms. Having to build a church in new provinces means taking more time to evaluate whether invading each province is a strategic advantage or a trap. It adds complexity to each move.

DeletedUser

Having to rebuild your wall is completely reasonable. If you have ever played the first TW, you know that it really is not that big of a deal, unless you have only a few villages, and at that point you are hanging on for dear life. That crushing feeling of losing everything is made up for when you make someone else lose everything.
The very appeal of TW and TW2 is how cruel it is. Anything goes after the beginner protection is over. It makes it fun because everything is possible, it is like having a 100% destructible environment but even better. However, that appeal is also the turn off, because it really is cruel.

Also, don't be surprised if after beta phase, some no farm worlds start to pop up since TW had some.

DeletedUser486

.....;n6317 said:
This is cause of the 50% morale outside province world. They are utterly boring. Waitng for a non-Chapel world.
I think that with the way the game is designed that churches are supposed to go hand in hand with provinces. I think it would be much more interesting to implement a crusade or a missionary feature, or a forward base kind of thing to allow for better morale when invading. Doesn't have to be 100% but better than attacking at half strength.