• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

No Relocation of Troops Allowed this World

DeletedUser5152

Incase you guys have not already noticed, relocation is not activated on this world. I presumed this was a bug but when I contacted support I was told this "feature" was turned off this world to "differentiate" the worlds.

This feature has been on since this update https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/index.php?threads/version-1-42.3534/ where it says FROM NOW ON you can relocate troops and "All future realms will have this feature active right from the beginning."

Well now we cannot.

This world we need 3000 VP to win and it will take approximately 2 weeks to build a nuke in a new village. I dont even want to think of how long it will take to build a beserker nuke this world now. This world will take years to finish and likely many will quit =/. Who knows if 3000 VP is even feasible now.

I must also say I find it slightly disingenuous that no advanced warning was given that relocation would not be available on this world when that is a HUGE feature in the game. People spend money on this game and and cant tell that the feature is off till the second village pops out.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2819

I it to late to have it in this world as the world is still young and not out of BP yet

DeletedUser4996

A feature that is 3 years old turned off with no warning until my second village is completed.

Fantastic.

Unfortunately this has yet again put a bad taste in my mouth about TW lack of communication and care for the community.

This from the start should have been better communicated and to start a VP world taking 3000vp to win without relocation will last far to long.

Poor show lads.

DeletedUser5094

perfect... zero announcement. At least I announce that I will cease playing and wait for the next world to open with relocation feature.
The relocation feature allowed smart playing, but that is probably not allowed anymore.

DeletedUser4110

I am sure no players like this change, so I advice the support team to allow relocation again before half the world quits.

DeletedUser4911

Disgusting.

Only telling people once they question why they can't relocate to their second village. People have already invested so much into this world, such a terrible idea.

DeletedUser4101

Used to play TW1 long time ago (world 4, 12-15 years ago)
Started to play TW2 3 years ago and one of reasons was relocation. Maybe again is time to take a break :(

DeletedUser

Friends and I are pretty stoked about the change. Something different next world can we get domination with no relocation?

DeletedUser2369

I actually started a discussion a few months ago about removing relocation as it further unbalances the game making it less enjoyable unless you are super active (in my opinion). not everyone agreed, which is fine, so we suggested different worlds with different settings in order to test it.
I think the problem here is that nobody was informed of the different settings before joining, which means the player base are less happy about the change than if they were informed, so any results based of how the change effects gameplay are already biased.

DeletedUser2616

it'd make defensive plays a more viable option, but the issue is that the lack of relocation rewards turtles more than anyone else. because it's not practical to make enough rams to get through their walls. i was usually throwing around 700+ in the late game whereas without relocation you'd probably stick with around 300-400 to make them quicker, there's also nuke types with how long they take since pure nukes aren't an option due to res balance issues. you'd have bases make all offense types then group them together into launching pad bases.

in my opinion, for non-relocation to work we'd need 1 more recruitment building, be it a stable (means you can train HC and LC/MA so it's not unbalanced) or a workshop for siege (maybe make it so that trebs are built there as well as or instead of the hall of order). My ideal would be scrap the hall of order as a recruitment building, make it needed to unlock zerks/trebs/sabs but the actual unit is trained in a suitable building and we go with barracks/stable/workshop like tw1 had. that'd turn relocation maps into the fast paced slaughterfest that people in favour of it want, but it'd also make non relocation worlds less grindy yet still balanced enough for the less active players (adjust recruitment times so it isn't ridiculous)

honestly though, the biggest fix for the inbalance in activity would be different speed worlds. people complain that certain changes favour less/more active players, the cure is a speed change.

DeletedUser5152

the point of this post wasnt to bash on no relocation. the point was no one knew about this until 5 days into the world. Basically people wasted time and potentially money on a world they presumed to be like every other world for the past 3 years and was given no notice otherwise.

and other people like grhin who i think is literally the only person who ever asked for no relocation had no idea that it was put into place and I am presuming didnt start on this world.

Basically when you have some people paying for a product and then surprise them 5 days into the world with something different than what they have been given in the past its kinda messed up imo.

I still think someone just messed up on the features and that relocation was not intentionally turned off lol. I mean really, if you were to start diversifying the worlds I think it would be done via the speed of the worlds and not on like the best feature provided in tw2 compared to tw1. And if it was intentional i couldnt imagine coolnite wouldnt have made that announcement along with it being a VP world or not. But maybe it was intentional in which case its messed up that people potentially wasted time and money on the world.

I know a few ppl who have decided to quit the world if they dont revert the relocation.. some of which are rather big crowners. Luckily for them they hadnt spent said crowns yet lol.

DeletedUser430

Relocation as many players ha e requested now for sometimes was intentionally turned off for this world. Now as many have contacted support after reading the ingame announcement sent about 2 weeks ago this did provide them with the chance to come play .EN45 as new serrings were implemented (thank all that read the in-game message sent). Going forward as well we'll be happy to post settings via forum however as players you we'll be responsible for viewing the forum which the settings can be found outside the world information under world start date just as all world information has been posted.

DeletedUser5152

Relocation as many players ha e requested now for sometimes was intentionally turned off for this world. Now as many have contacted support after reading the ingame announcement sent about 2 weeks ago this did provide them with the chance to come play .EN45 as new serrings were implemented (thank all that read the in-game message sent). Going forward as well we'll be happy to post settings via forum however as players you we'll be responsible for viewing the forum which the settings can be found outside the world information under world start date just as all world information has been posted.

the ingame message said that there would be no relocation? i didnt see that and havent heard anyone say that either. I think it said something like do you think you can beat the best or something along those lines... no?

Nothing specifically about new/different settings or relocation being mentioned specifically.

DeletedUser5152

Can you give us a confirmation one way or another if relocation will stay off? Or has that not yet been decided yet? I only ask since there is a few people who want to know if they will continue on this world or move on. I know as of yesterday you were saying you will look into it dunno if anything has changed.

It also would change how people play this world.

DeletedUser430

Relocation for this world will remain off. Some worlds in future will be domination with relocation as well as without relocation. We understand that there are settings some players do not enjoy playing however we will not eliminate these settings as there are many players that do enjoy such worlds!

DeletedUser2369

it'd make defensive plays a more viable option, but the issue is that the lack of relocation rewards turtles more than anyone else. because it's not practical to make enough rams to get through their walls.
It does reward defenders, however between relocation and nerfing the wall build times there is no point defending unless you are already in a position of power. The guy with 5 villages cannot survive against 7 villages in the current balance, almost regardless of relative skill level. Removing relocation makes defending worthwhile. And when defending is worthwhile people with full time jobs can actaully play and enjoy this game.
Back before relocation and wall build times it was accepted that it took around 2.5 nukes to clear a full village of defense (not sure if this was true as based on my current math it takes alot less), and players thought that this meant that "being an attacker was too unrewarding" (theres a thread in the forum somewhere with that title), i disagree as the attacker has the initiative, but even if that was true, currently im finding 1.1 cav nukes on average clears a full defensive village. You build said offense 1.1x faster than said defense (assuming you are building a cav nuke with 700 rams and HC defense), so in reality its 1v1, then add the fact that you have walls that take a week to rebuild to be able to withstand even one nuke. If relocation means less rams (around 400) then it will still take about 1.3 nukes to clear a defensive village, and its still unable to effectively defend for another week, however without relocation they arent as likely to have to defend it as much during that week.
@Primitive. I may be in the minority, but I am not alone. I strongly suggest you compare how a world goes without relocation to with relocation before forming a judgement, in the thick of things I agree relocation is a very handy feature, however I personally believe that it changes the dynamic of the play into a less enjoyable game overall. You dont have to agree with me however.
The problem here is that there was no visible announcement, so this world will not be a fair representation of how the game could be without relocation.
@Coolnite7 I appreciate innogames trying to diversify the gaming experience, and maybe trying to compare different settings in the background, however I have to agree with the others here that there was no reasonably visible announcement. I know of no in-game announcment for this world except the "new world opening, go check it out" which to my knowledge did not include this information, and even if it did, few players read it in detail past "new world opening". Having the information in multiple places would be best.

@GRhin great points. People aren't mad about no relocation but rather no one knew that there was no relocation. People have invested money, time, etc. for a world they are not enthusiastic about. How it might change the game dynamic/meta can be discussed but probably best played out and for people to see.

DeletedUser2616

@GRhin

i completely forgot about the changed build times of the walls tbh, lmao. that means it's even worse for defense because you could lose your walls before you even reach the base since you couldn't relocate defense troops closer to react quicker. maybe add differing wall build times to the diversity we could've had if the player base didn't fall away so hard.

say we had the old numbers, we could easily have 6-8 open worlds decently populated all with differing conditions at time.