• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Newbie advice/questions

• Thread starter DeletedUser5063
  • Start date

DeletedUser5063

just recently started and I think I joined a world late since everyone looks like already in LARGE tribes.

my neihbour attacked me at 3am in the morning... I know I should save my army by moving them elsewhere + spend all my resources... kinda hard at 3am sleep time (any advice?) - in normal RTS/war games, we build large defences and large army.. - but in these browser-type games we want to save our armies by sending them away & return... am I right?

also I notice there's no "hiding place" like in other games like Travian. any way to deter enemies from farming me? or is this going to be normal gameplay?

DeletedUser2635

I can understand your troubles, well I will try to explain this plainly.
》Since we have a limited amount of space in every village, it is recommended to make a village either defensive or offensive.
》If we talk solely about early game, having a mixed village is also an option, since you can convert it later with relocation.
Lets go through every option:
》If the village is offensive, then you need to either send your troops far away during the night (if you're going to be away for 8 hours, then send them on a 4 hour one way trip to be safe), or send them to your second village if it is still in beginners protection.
》If the village is defensive, then make sure to upgrade your wall (defensive troops are almost useless without a wall) and to make a balanced defense (having just a lot of swordsmen won't get you far). If you both have a strong defense and a high level wall, then you can leave your troops in the village during the night. On the other side, if your wall is low or your defense isn't yet strong enough, then keep hiding and dodging until both are strong enough (unless you absolutely have to defend). Perfect ratio for defence? Find out on your own.
》If the village is mixed? Then do a mix of the above mentioned.

If you need further explanation about some of the terms I used, feel free to inquire.
Also make sure that you're playing on the latest world, which is EN41 at the moment.

DeletedUser5063

Thanks for your speedy reply. how do I know it's EN41? All I can see is realm names Olavinlinna

DeletedUser486

I can understand your troubles, well I will try to explain this plainly.
》Since we have a limited amount of space in every village, it is recommended to make a village either defensive or offensive.
》If we talk solely about early game, having a mixed village is also an option, since you can convert it later with relocation.
Lets go through every option:
》If the village is offensive, then you need to either send your troops far away during the night (if you're going to be away for 8 hours, then send them on a 4 hour one way trip to be safe), or send them to your second village if it is still in beginners protection.
》If the village is defensive, then make sure to upgrade your wall (defensive troops are almost useless without a wall) and to make a balanced defense (having just a lot of swordsmen won't get you far). If you both have a strong defense and a high level wall, then you can leave your troops in the village during the night. On the other side, if your wall is low or your defense isn't yet strong enough, then keep hiding and dodging until both are strong enough (unless you absolutely have to defend). Perfect ratio for defence? Find out on your own.
》If the village is mixed? Then do a mix of the above mentioned.

If you need further explanation about some of the terms I used, feel free to inquire.
Also make sure that you're playing on the latest world, which is EN41 at the moment.
One thing missing from this; Find yourself a tribe with a good leader who can help you learn the game in-game. A good leader at the helm of a good tribe will help you, and others, survive long enough to learn.

Also, tribemates can be set as your coplayer, to log in to your account while you are out and safeguard you.

DeletedUser2369

Olavlinna is a month old already, these days most worlds reach "cleaning up" stage in 4 months. You arent likely to do well in this world this late in. However it is a great opportunity to learn as much as you can so when the next world starts in approximately two weeks you can go there and get a good start with all you learned now.