• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

New Player

• Thread starter DeletedUser5229
  • Start date

DeletedUser5229

Hello everybody I'm new to the game, and by new I mean new, I've never played either Tribal wars 2 or the original. I'm not sure what the best way to play is or where is best to start so I was hoping to ask somebody for some tips. I've seen a new world opened almost 4 weeks ago while I was scrolling through the EN forum and I'm not sure if that is a new enough world for me to start on. I don't know how many months are between new worlds opening. If someone would be kind enough to answer my questions that I'll list below I would really really appreciate it. I don't want to start and be completely destroyed by someone with a ton more experience.

Questions:
1. Is buying crowns worth it? I've watched a few tutorial videos and read around the forum before making an account but still don't know whether it offers enough advantage to pay the crippling prices they charge in game.
2. What is the best way to grow in the game. I understand the basic principle of attack and grow but is there a better strategy then just getting lucky.
3. Is there any valuable tactics or extra knowledge to know about (Fundamental knowledge/basics)?
4. when will a new world open?
5. I know there is a difference in troops being defence and offence but what is the best strategy for growing an army early on? Or is it just anything goes during the first few weeks?

And if any personal tips or experience/ideas can be shared by anyone I'd appreciate it. Sorry not the most interesting post but I'm hoping someone can help a newby out. :)

Thanks all.

Hello there new fellow player,
1. Crowns do give a huge advantage, especially in the early game ... as long as you know when/how to use them ... tw2 was kinda balanced when it started but now it is full of p2w features, so crowns will make your game much easier but against active/experienced players or teams you will need more than just $$
2-3-5. Read this Yatopædia it's very useful for new players ... you don't have take it word by word but it should give you a good idea about how to start/play ...
4. Usually we get a new world every ~ 6 weeks ... the last world opened 5th November so we should get a new world before Christmas ...

DeletedUser4967

Best way to learn is by trial and error. My advice is to play and discover for yourself.

DeletedUser5229

Thank you. Ive kept reading the forums seeing what new information I can use to benefit myself. Never found someone saying how to best use crowns though.

Played through the first few missions in W49 to get a feel for pacing I'll give it a proper go on W50 once it opens.

DeletedUser3148

Thank you. Ive kept reading the forums seeing what new information I can use to benefit myself. Never found someone saying how to best use crowns though.

Played through the first few missions in W49 to get a feel for pacing I'll give it a proper go on W50 once it opens.
The best bang for your buck is Domination and Prosperity Boosts.

DeletedUser5229

The best bang for your buck is Domination and Prosperity Boosts.

Thank you Coldog does the ordinary resource boost stack with prosperity? Just curious if it'll have 40% extra per hour that way. Apart from those 2 is there anything else worth crowns? How about the starter packs I forget the name but gives a lot of different army generals to use. Tactictions, grandmaster, ranger etc...

Thank you Coldog does the ordinary resource boost stack with prosperity? Just curious if it'll have 40% extra per hour that way. Apart from those 2 is there anything else worth crowns? How about the starter packs I forget the name but gives a lot of different army generals to use. Tactictions, grandmaster, ranger etc...

Prosperity and iron/clay/wood boosters Do Not stack.... if you activate a wood booster for example whilst prosperity is already enabled... it will only extend the length of time the wood resource is boosted for not add an extra % of production per hour.

DeletedUser3148

Prosperity and iron/clay/wood boosters Do Not stack.... if you activate a wood booster for example whilst prosperity is already enabled... it will only extend the length of time the wood resource is boosted for not add an extra % of production per hour.
That's where you're wrong. Prosperity DOES stack with boosters. I just did it myself to double check.

Do you mean gives a longer time of extra production or add a further percentage? Wow if I'm wrong my bad man, I never realised as I've done it before also and I saw no difference to the 20% extra production just a longer duration of the same bonus

DeletedUser3148

It gives more resources. Only an additional Prosperity increases Prosperity time. Pit Boosters and Prosperity don't extend each other.

DeletedUser5229

Ok so it is stacked to 40% increase for production it's good to know. Is it worth spending the 275 crowns on 1 week of boosts? Or is it worth to use those crowns to boost something like rally to lvl 4 instead for faster farming runs early game

DeletedUser3148

It'll only be 40% for one village. I would always suggest having prosperity running. It helps reduce the amount of farming you need to do. 200 crowns for increased production is amazing when you have 130+ villages.
I would always suggest going rally lv 4 early game if you're big into farming. It helps save a ton of time. However if you're only sending out a few runs a day, don't bother wasting the crowns.

DeletedUser5229

Ok so I'll use the 40% total boost for the first week only to give an edge and pump coins into rally point for faster farming. Thank you for the advice