• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

MRA

DeletedUser2627

Not going to lie - this world is looking pretty much like another EN15 even faster than EN15 turned into an EN15 --> (Lost yet?)
I think EN16 is probably the world I have had the most fun with - lots of small tribes, lots of battles and diplomacy flying around all over the place and in no way can you predict the outcome - that's what tribal wars should be about. Kick it back to TW1 style!
I am gunna see where this world goes but so far it looks like it will not be a fun world - even for those at the top...

It's only the first week (if that). Give it another week or two and we'll see sparks fly. ;)

DeletedUser2635

I think The Sentinels are already at war with The Wolves.

DeletedUser

The Wolves claim they are descendants from W2 tribe The Hunnic Empire. Is this really true? Does Attila approve? ;)

DeletedUser2084

Not going to lie - this world is looking pretty much like another EN15 even faster than EN15 turned into an EN15 --> (Lost yet?)
I think EN16 is probably the world I have had the most fun with - lots of small tribes, lots of battles and diplomacy flying around all over the place and in no way can you predict the outcome - that's what tribal wars should be about. Kick it back to TW1 style!
I am gunna see where this world goes but so far it looks like it will not be a fun world - even for those at the top...

Ehh if most of the tribes teamed up against SNT, they'd have trouble; and it already seems like it's happening. Could be a fun world tbh :)

DeletedUser3169

Ehh if most of the tribes teamed up against SNT, they'd have trouble; and it already seems like it's happening. Could be a fun world tbh :)

Maybe - but you may be overestimating what is against you ;) - a tribe of 200 with only maybe 20 decent players is weaker than a tribe of just 20 decent players - as those strong lose out protecting the weak. Who knows though - I was probably just being all doom and gloom, maybe there can be a surprise around the corner that will brighten up my day :p

DeletedUser2084

Could be. :p

What do you think about Viking?

This world is pretty meh in terms of skilled players. Don't think I'll have much competition. Maybe their end game players though, who knows. Only 3 or 4 people have raided over 1m res and it's been just under a week so yeah, not many super active people.

Maybe - but you may be overestimating what is against you ;) - a tribe of 200 with only maybe 20 decent players is weaker than a tribe of just 20 decent players - as those strong lose out protecting the weak. Who knows though - I was probably just being all doom and gloom, maybe there can be a surprise around the corner that will brighten up my day :p

Don't overestimate SNT just because they won a world as well :). We overestimated two world winners in EN15 and turns out they had to merge into a super tribe to end the world :D

DeletedUser3016

This world is pretty meh in terms of skilled players. Don't think I'll have much competition. Maybe their end game players though, who knows. Only 3 or 4 people have raided over 1m res and it's been just under a week so yeah, not many super active people.

Don't overestimate SNT just because they won a world as well :). We overestimated two world winners in EN15 and turns out they had to merge into a super tribe to end the world :D

Nobody HAD to do it at all. It was more that the future of the world was discussed, and it would just be more effective to get it done sooner. Funny thing is that SETO are putting up a bigger fight than EMR ever did xD This is something that will be discussed forever... Tribes merging. Diplomacy wins worlds, sometimes it's not the most fun, but it dictates actions.
As for this new world, EN15 was a little quieter than originally thought, and some of the diplomacy wasn't handled in the best ways, which is why a merge did go ahead, however so long as 'tensions' between the top tribes can be held at bay for a while, I see no reasons why EN17 should be anything like 15.

DeletedUser2084

Nobody HAD to do it at all. It was more that the future of the world was discussed, and it would just be more effective to get it done sooner.
Lmao do you proofread what you write? It was three months into the server and already you were all talking about the end as if it was 2 weeks away.
Funny thing is that SETO are putting up a bigger fight than EMR ever did xD This is something that will be discussed forever... Tribes merging. Diplomacy wins worlds, sometimes it's not the most fun, but it dictates actions.
Yeah.. right. I think like 4 of your members participated in attacking EMR members before most of us decided to move on since we honestly could'nt be bothered. We had top 5 attackers and eventually defenders for ages. It took a whole week for 5 members who completely surrounded a player to fully take him out. Long story short, you won because it was 300 vs 30.
Diplomacy wins worlds? Yeah.. sure. If you want to take the easy way out and merge into a super tribe then yeah, diplomacy sure wins worlds. Who needs troops, lmao. I mean, talking diplomacy between SUR/ADD actually made both my co-leaders quit because they were so sick of talking to both tribes. Literally babies for leaders.

As for this new world, EN15 was a little quieter than originally thought, and some of the diplomacy wasn't handled in the best ways, which is why a merge did go ahead, however so long as 'tensions' between the top tribes can be held at bay for a while, I see no reasons why EN17 should be anything like 15.

It probably won't from what I can tell. Seems like people actually want to play the game instead of playing sim-city and mass merging =]

DeletedUser3016

And this is exactly why it was 'Discussed'. Your version of diplomacy is like an ego stroking contest, where you rub yourself all the time. The minor dealings that I had with you when you merged with HON weren't a good indication of a humble and good player. Arrogance will get people uniting against you. Use the 'they had to team up to kill me, oh and I was on holiday' all you wish, but ultimately, there are 2 sides to a story, and you are remarkably good at telling your side to it. Enough of this now though, this needs to be an EN17 discussion. EN15 has it's own place. If you want to continue discussing it, then by all means, send me a pm.
I wish I had the time to play EN17, I am already playing 3 worlds, and then the time required to do my 'duties' here too take up too much already. Good luck to all those players that do! Looks to have the make up of a fun world.

DeletedUser2084

And this is exactly why it was 'Discussed'. Your version of diplomacy is like an ego stroking contest, where you rub yourself all the time. The minor dealings that I had with you when you merged with HON weren't a good indication of a humble and good player.
I don't even know who you are nor did I ever talk to you on En15. Only person I talked to about the HON merge was Jehzir. Good one =]
More like everyone knows you and your tribe wanted a free and easy win (like how you both ended your own worlds, by mass merging). So keep sprouting the bad guy good guy act all you want to justify your cowardly actions. It's been 2-3 months since I've quit that world and I'm still rank 7th attacker on the server, rofl.

DeletedUser2635

Oh well, I know how you feel, but some people just don't like farming early game as they know the game is a marathon.

Anyway, how many MoL does it take to get a 3.5K+ barb?

DeletedUser2084

Oh well, I know how you feel, but some people just don't like farming early game as they know the game is a marathon.

Anyway, how many MoL does it take to get a 3.5K+ barb?

Early game is the most important farming time imo. Decides top 10 from top 1000.

Err on average around 200-300 but my last one was like 600 ._. don't think I like being so big so early on. Everyone's at 50% morale zz

DeletedUser2635

Early game is the most important farming time imo. Decides top 10 from top 1000.
The thing is, early game farming gives you small advantages for a lot of effort, while mid game farming gives you big advantages for a small amount of effort.

Err on average around 200-300 but my last one was like 600
200-300 is much less than what I expected.

don't think I like being so big so early on.
With great power comes great responsibility.

DeletedUser

As a former council member of SUR on EN15 can I just say how I felt about the merger? It sucked, pure and simple, while I don't doubt that it won the world it was lazy and made the world incredibly boring (I have to move to the edge of the world twice just to find some reds to noble). The whole thing was organised by the higher ups to be the most effective way to end the world, and while I don't deny that they succeeded in doing that, that's not what this game is about, and in the end they just boiled it down from a game into a goal (in a sense a simple job, no fun at all). Now I'm most likely going to have Andy spam me with messages about why I'm wronge using midgets to should me how (again)...

DeletedUser2084

The thing is, early game farming gives you small advantages for a lot of effort, while mid game farming gives you big advantages for a small amount of effort.

Err yeah I guess so. Imo farming anytime gives you huge advantages regardless of what stage the world is at.

200-300 is much less than what I expected.
My last one was 600 which is where I plan to stop LOL.

With great power comes great responsibility.
._. yeah true I guess. I think it needs to be reworked/balanced a little bit better though.

DeletedUser2084

What do you think needs be reworked?

I think it's great morale stops huge players from taking out smaller players; but it also creates problems where it becomes very difficult for a large player to retaliate against a smaller player even if the larger player is on the defending end. It becomes virtually impossible to back time attacks because you'll either lose everything pretty easily or early game you lose way too much for it to be of any value.

So something like if a smaller player attacks a bigger player unprovoked, the morale penalty is either nullfied for a certain time period OR the penalty is simply halved.
Also, I think morale should never let fighting strength go below 50%. Fighting at 50% is already crippling, fighting at 30 is just absurd.

Other things come to mind like the morale penalty should increase as the server gets older, not just a linear increase in penalty because as I've previously said, morale penalty early game is a much bigger factor compared to late game where you can throw nukes at them and not even care.
So I think once you hit 3 or 4x the size of a player, the morale kicks in. Maybe something like 5-6x the size of a player is when it should kick in for early game but yeah.

I really haven't thought about it too much since there's no real indication that they'll ever want to rework it/balance it from what I've seen over the last year and a bit. Just sucks every world I go on, I'm always penalized which is probably why I'm super biased against it ^_^

DeletedUser2635

So I think once you hit 3 or 4x the size of a player, the morale kicks in.
Yeah it's around 4x (sometimes a bit more since there are other factors other than points count, but the most important factor are the points).

I get where you're coming from, but you have to consider the other side as well, e.g.: You got 5 villages and 16K points at this stage, so it means you got less than 100 Morale vs everyone under 4K or so points. Looking at the rankings, almost every single player under 4K points has either 1 or 2 villages (also taking in account that your Barracks levels are pretty high), it is safe to assume that you got at least 3 times the production capacity of any given player under 4K points. Looking further down the line, even if you drop as low and attack 2k - 2,5k players, your Morale would still be at a respectable 70-75.

Honestly speaking I would rather say it is the bigger players that get the advantage not the smaller ones.