• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

mounted archer

DeletedUser

is mounted archer counted as a cavalry or archer? or both?
example: when i attack a village with mounted archer, will i suffer from the defensive unit with an archer def and cavalry def?

DeletedUser

I have wondered that two and after thinking about it i have decided that it qualifys as a mongol

DeletedUser16

Hello Baphoyetz,

Thank you for posting. Mounted archers are counted as cavalry units.

Regards

DeletedUser

Mounted Archer description says that are effective in villages without archer defenders.So why build archers if MA count as cavalry and not only build spearmen???Iam confused :(
Either MA description is wrong or dementor is wrong :)

DeletedUser486

Dement0r;n8947 said:
Hello Baphoyetz,

Thank you for posting. Mounted archers are counted as cavalry units.

Regards
This seems unlikely as spears are useless against them, but who am I to argue a mod?

DeletedUser

From my fighting experience (i have trained thousands of MA) I can definitely can say that they count as archers and not cavalry.

DeletedUser

yea. i think MA should be counted as archer since the archer unit is counted in defensive unit to counter the MA

DeletedUser430

Mounted Archers vs. Spears

24wzy3k.jpg

Mounted Archers vs. Archers

1hwac6.png

Nethelion;n8951 said:
Mounted Archer description says that are effective in villages without archer defenders.So why build archers if MA count as cavalry and not only build spearmen???Iam confused
frown.png

Either MA description is wrong or dementor is wrong
smile.png

Basically that description is saying that if a village has no archers defending that village then you will pretty much win that fight!
(e.g. The Mounted Archer is a force to be reckoned with. They are especially useful against villages with no Archers defending.)

DeletedUser

coolnite7;n8985 said:

24wzy3k.jpg

1hwac6.png

Basically that description is saying that if a village has no archers defending that village then you will pretty much win that fight!
(e.g. The Mounted Archer is a force to be reckoned with. They are especially useful against villages with no Archers defending.)

Thats what i meant :)

DeletedUser486

coolnite7;n8985 said:

24wzy3k.jpg

1hwac6.png

Next time you want to hide the fact you are attacking yourself, make sure we can't see the effects of your level 10 hospitals :D

DeletedUser

hmm so why did you attack your self using such great amount of troops? I hope you do realize you could have put it an a ratio and had the same effect... 16 MA vs 40 archers is a much better equal rather than 100x that.

DeletedUser

DeathAngle;n9538 said:
hmm so why did you attack your self using such great amount of troops? I hope you do realize you could have put it an a ratio and had the same effect... 16 MA vs 40 archers is a much better equal rather than 100x that.

Good point. Maybe he was really bored/away from salivating enemies, and wanted to queue up some troops so badly that he cleared out several of his own villages of troops? Thanks though for demonstrating the answer :D