• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Member limit

DeletedUser4818

This isn't really a new idea and it isn't really something that haven't been brought up before but things changes. With the decreasing player base server get more and more effected by the high member limit to tribes. Basically you can recruit every active player and win the server in no time. A 200 limit is way to high with the player base we have at the moment and it results in mass mergers ending server after server.
The idea is to reduce this number, if not for all worlds atleast for some. Either make worlds with 50 member limit or make all worlds with a limit of 50 members. It will help the game go back to what it is all about, WAR, I mean the game is after all named Tribal WARS and nothing else.

Sorry to burst your bubble Frippen. INNO doe's not care about the tw2 Community. All they want to do is "milk the cow" and drain the coffers of the BIG MONEY PLAYERS, and to HELL with the rest of us. Once they get as much $$$ as they can then this game will no longer be available to play. They will design another to make even more $$$.

DeletedUser4818

Well I don't see how it is more beneficial for their wallets with higher tribe limit. If we want to make it a question about money, wouldn't it generate more with 10 tribes pushing towards tier 3 perks instead of 2-3 on every server?
Isn't a war game what every player got here for? Instead we get version of sim city

DeletedUser1581

Well I don't see how it is more beneficial for their wallets with higher tribe limit. If we want to make it a question about money, wouldn't it generate more with 10 tribes pushing towards tier 3 perks instead of 2-3 on every server?
Isn't a war game what every player got here for? Instead we get version of sim city
Aren't your tribe rank 2 bordering rank 1 and neither of you are fighting each other on EN38? I agree with your points but when you're sitting with diplomacy stopping rank 1 and 2 fighting, the hypocrisy is to another level.

The problem with lowering tribe member limits is of course the skills it self. If the strength in numbers skill is changed then all the other perks probably have to be modified too, or this is probably the thinking of the devs.

The problem with lowering tribe member limits is of course the skills it self. If the strength in numbers skill is changed then all the other perks probably have to be modified too, or this is probably the thinking of the devs.
I think if the tribe limit is lesser, game would be more intense in diplomacy and/or wars :)
but does inno care about it? :p

DeletedUser4818

Lets say for the arguments sake that you are correct, which I am not saying, to be honest you have no idea but nice guessing.
Does my personal approach to the game change how the game can be improved?

DeletedUser2616

"just ignore me saying one thing and doing another"

also the game can be improved by you "leaders" to stop hugging in the top 5 tribes. no wonder people quit out of boredom

DeletedUser1581

Lets say for the arguments sake that you are correct, which I am not saying, to be honest you have no idea but nice guessing.
Does my personal approach to the game change how the game can be improved?

I have no idea except for about 200 conquers off tw2 tools saying you VPW and GRD are having a nice hug with some marvin gaye on in the back ground, but yeah I have 0 evidence.
Yes, your personal approach does affect the game as you are promoting hugging rather than warring which in turn if you do well with it is a bag image and impression to other older and newer players.

DeletedUser4714

small tribes, 80 players max. Maybe increase the cost of the member cap upgrade. Something like that can be tested on the beta server

small tribes, 80 players max. Maybe increase the cost of the member cap upgrade. Something like that can be tested on the beta server
I'd rather prefer lesser, 30 max. start on 10 and incerase +2 member for each point... I'm not sure of the numbers or its consequences, but I wish to intensify the role of diplomacy...

DeletedUser4714

I would love to see it in action. However, I'm afraid that will just cause them to make sister tribes, and a lot of em

DeletedUser4818

Haha I love how you know that we warred pretty much everyone on Inveraray but still brings up examples from a world that is 1 month old. Now when Landskrona is concluded or actually closing in on a end game, well maybe then you can start bringing that up as an example, now it is just ridiculous and has nothing to do with this thread at all.

DeletedUser4818

It would lead to sister tribes and it would lead to a lot more diplomacy. But it will also prevent those tribes from ever merging which will eventually turn the tribes against each other, unless players are okay giving up their villages to the main tribe to give them a victory. Which is what the main tribe would need at least if it is a dom world. VP worlds they can just barbnoble to end but you will still have lots of players in sister tribes who will not be victorious.

DeletedUser2616

So what you're saying is that by hugging 1 month in and strangling out the world, your actions are completely justified if you war them later?

hard to take you seriously when you do the exact same tactic that NAN uses.

DeletedUser1581

Haha I love how you know that we warred pretty much everyone on Inveraray but still brings up examples from a world that is 1 month old. Now when Landskrona is concluded or actually closing in on a end game, well maybe then you can start bringing that up as an example, now it is just ridiculous and has nothing to do with this thread at all.

If you can please find the examples I made on this thread about Inveraray then please do, as it appears I have not once mentioned it but instead mentioned a world you are actively hugging on right now. I don't like people putting words in my mouth especially if it's in an attempt to flame me for something I haven't said.

Like has been mentioned, the actual playing styles of tribes is also a big reason why tribes have bigger members. Everyone goes inactive sooner or later due to one problem or another, me personally I quit if I'm in a huggy tribe that's not actually doing anything. It's just the way shit goes, people get frustrated with hugging and being told they can't enter provincs/have targets. It's a war game we all play to troll others by taking their villages for our own glory.
So stop th hugging ....

DeletedUser4818

I never said you brought up examples from Inveraray, so that is a misunderstanding between us, read again and ask if you need me to explain, my explanation my be to vague.
So what you are saying is pretty much. Lets only change every players mindset instead of changing the game, cause it is so easy. That is why we have no scripters in this game, no coop abusers, no multiple accounts and so on. Cause that would be immoral and not part of a war game so instead of trying to prevent these things from Inno (like stopping coops from minting coins), we will just do a forum post begging everyone to stop and hope it resolves itself.
Here is the thing Whitty, you seem like a smart one. So instead of bashing the players, comment on the suggestion instead, cause all the replies have been towards me and my actions. That has NOTHING to do with this thread, cause this matter will still be a option to try and prevent the hugging after I am gone from this game, getting me to stop doing it like your solution wont change anything expect ME.
Now if you want a better and more moral Frippen, sure your way might be the key. But suggestions should be to try and improve the game, not ONE player.

DeletedUser2616

Notice how i said you "leaderS" notice the plural? i blame the other hugging tribes just as much as you. it's because of the fact you say you want a war game while hugging it out.

We're well aware that our suggestions fall on deaf ears, that's why it needs to be done by the player (LEADER) mindsets. but sure, you're doing great. go win some worlds with this NAP/Ally crap while going 3-4 v 1 at a time.

DeletedUser4844

I think Frippen is right here, this thread isn't about his actions its about improvements that should be made to the game so that Inno can make more money (cough cough @innogames) and we can have a better game.
I don't think its possible @gutsman to expect leaders to be able to change this current method of gaming, because any leader with a lower quality tribe, is going to try balance it out by merging and hugging till they can defeat the other side. This will in turn cause the other side to respond in kind if they want to stay in the fight. Then we end almost every world with 2 mega tribes.
Its hard to ask people to maintain an approach to the game that will likely put them in a losing situation, except for in extreme situations where they can counter the current meta with ability.

DeletedUser2616

If you check tw2-tools and look at the players per world, you'll see each time the playerbase took a hit.
1. en15 closing in a record fast time when the "merge to make a super tribe" meta came in.
2. en18 was when the "w-w-we'll all hug and fight 1 tribe at a time" meta started, took a huge hit at the conclusion of that world. (thanks NAN)
these are the main 2 i noticed

also the number of noteworthy premades has dropped as old world winners have been leaving because of this meta. I recall about 10 good ones floating around at a time ;__;

what I'm saying is that the game is dying and borderline on life support, devs don't care (look at their (((events))) for every.single.reason) look at the lack of communication between players and mods. So what i'm saying is that IF people WANT this to change, they have to do it themselves otherwise nothing is going to happen. Because let's be real, even when we had a huge playerbase people had been asking for smaller tribe limits (they were asking for 100-120 MAX back then)

DeletedUser1581

^Exactly my point but I think it went over their heads. I have been complaining and offering suggestions for three years now, nothing has changed.
That's why now I bash the players because everytime I see a good player leave it is because of "Cheats, merging or hugging". So yeah, it pisses me off when I see people starving worlds because they're too chicken shit to have a top 3 war.
You are just as bad as the devs not listening to the player base, as your hugging play styles all for a win is causing players to leave.