• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Lowering Required Age to Play

So it would appear that 16 is the minimum age for tw2 to be played.According to the 2 moderators currently active anyway.
Why is that? We have no blood no violence within the game.Its a strategy game of numbers time skill and experience. Teaches good mathematics skills time awareness and social skills in the form of tribes.
Yet we restrict it to over 16 players? In the original tw2 many of us. Myself included played well below that age and to my knowledge nobody got banned for it.So why is it a problem now? i played on arundel with people who were in highschool(14/15) and they were never punished. It is curious that this issue has apparently become suddenly relevant all of a sudden How can we justify this as a M rated game? Thoughts/ideas.

FYI mods .theres been no discussion of bans it goes against no rules therefore you have 0 legs to stand on if you delete it.As you did with a previous thread of mine because it offended your feelings.

Lol, oh my. There's so much going on here...

For anyone interested, here is the privacy policy that Asmodeus is referring to.
Here is a link to the relevant GDPR section.
The reason for this is because of GDPR defines the age consent for data collection to be 16 years old, anyone who is 15 or younger must obtain permission from a parent or guardian.

FYI mods .theres been no discussion of bans it goes against no rules therefore you have 0 legs to stand on if you delete it.As you did with a previous thread of mine because it offended your feelings.
Imagine thinking moderators wouldn't know the rules by heart and wouldn't immediately point you towards the forum rules for you to re-read.
From the "Mandatory Behaviour" section and down basically gives the support team and InnoGames staff a very wide net of discretion to decide what may or may not belong on the forums.
Attempting to provoke the moderators and being disrespectful of moderators and staff members is a great way to have posts removed or edited. :)

Oh S**t, I didn't even knew this was a rule myself TBH, so serious question @Tokano if so player is below the ages as long as their parents send an email to inno giving them permission to play they're good? Asking cause I do have a family that play in my Tribe when we play and they have kids that play with them, so would want them to be cover in the future.

Inno games can't data harvest children's info as that is legally termed 'child slave labor' and the European Union is highly against that, along with every other 1st world country no matter the hemisphere. But that hasn't stopped them from bending the rules from time to time.

Lol, oh my. There's so much going on here...

For anyone interested, here is the privacy policy that Asmodeus is referring to.
Here is a link to the relevant GDPR section.
The reason for this is because of GDPR defines the age consent for data collection to be 16 years old, anyone who is 15 or younger must obtain permission from a parent or guardian.

Imagine thinking moderators wouldn't know the rules by heart and wouldn't immediately point you towards the forum rules for you to re-read.
From the "Mandatory Behaviour" section and down basically gives the support team and InnoGames staff a very wide net of discretion to decide what may or may not belong on the forums.
Attempting to provoke the moderators and being disrespectful of moderators and staff members is a great way to have posts removed or edited. :)
I mean pettiness goes both ways. and it certainly isnt the first time moderators on the en forums have deleted posts simply because it was controversial .As you can see from the panterra it is quite clearly actually a viable issue.

Oh S**t, I didn't even knew this was a rule myself TBH, so serious question @Tokano if so player is below the ages as long as their parents send an email to inno giving them permission to play they're good? Asking cause I do have a family that play in my Tribe when we play and they have kids that play with them, so would want them to be cover in the future.
I would definitely recommend anyone with their children on the same world send in a ticket about it at the very least. Section 2 Rule 9 of the game rules says that you need to let the team know if two or more players are going to be playing from one household/device. As for the GDPR thing, I'm gonna message Ashie and see what she thinks about it and I'll get back to you on it.

Inno games can't data harvest children's info as that is legally termed 'child slave labor' and the European Union is highly against that, along with every other 1st world country no matter the hemisphere. But that hasn't stopped them from bending the rules from time to time.
I'm not a lawyer, and I'm pretty happy to admit all I know about the GDPR is what I've Googled in the last 24 hours, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's definitely not considered "Child Slave Labor" for collecting data on minors. I'm pretty sure it's just a gross invasion of privacy.

As you can see from the panterra it is quite clearly actually a viable issue.
I don't believe it, Asmodeus. I think we might agree on something.
Someone send help.

Last edited:
@Tokano thanks, they put tickets in on US for same household. and all. but the mods never asked them for their kids ages though. They're thinking of coming to EN to play so yeah just let me know so I can let them know ahead of time.

@Tokano thanks, they put tickets in on US for same household. and all. but the mods never asked them for their kids ages though. They're thinking of coming to EN to play so yeah just let me know so I can let them know ahead of time.
Probably because we're American and we don't know or care about GDPR.
We should probably get a GDPR rundown when joining the team............

Probably because we're American and we don't know or care about GDPR.
We should probably get a GDPR rundown when joining the team............
Can we just suggest doing the same thing as the orignal tw1 did. Something about declaring your in same household and they wouldnt let you trade or something with eachother? It's been so long now but i remember it had something to do with the account sitting system that worked pre well over there

Can we just suggest doing the same thing as the orignal tw1 did. Something about declaring your in same household and they wouldnt let you trade or something with eachother? It's been so long now but i remember it had something to do with the account sitting system that worked pre well over there
Well yeah, it's what we do when players let us know about multiple family members. We let them know what's expected, what's allowed and what's disallowed.

Well yeah, it's what we do when players let us know about multiple family members. We let them know what's expected, what's allowed and what's disallowed.
yeah but in original tw1 you couldnt actually choose to do that.Like the system prevented it fullstop rather than rely on the players goodwill to not do it