• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Is this how TW is now played by some? Pay to Win early on?

DeletedUser1914

rhaegar you talk alot without actually checking stats and reading. They bought their tribe level. Level 36.. It has been very high for a very long time.. while every other tribe is level 10 or lower.. so no, joining any other tribe but p&d would not benefit me in near the same regards as p&d members are benefiting. Plus I wouldnt benefit that much from many of the tribes (strictly on the basis of tribe points that is) since I didnt have to put any points into strength in numbers like they do to increase their tribe size.

I meant more in regards you would get support from any capable tribe that it wouldnt matter what their tribe lvl is...They don't affect playing too much untill the very last perks.And even then its only in regards to medic and support times.The 10% bonus is a wall lvl not too much of a difference.

DeletedUser1104

I meant more in regards you would get support from any capable tribe that it wouldnt matter what their tribe lvl is...They don't affect playing too much untill the very last perks.And even then its only in regards to medic and support times.The 10% bonus is a wall lvl not too much of a difference.
I would disagree that the perks arent great... They have +10% attack strength and they have quicker recruitment of troops.. So add on top the officer that you can send with it and you are effectively starting with 120 morale with every attack. thats 20% stronger than if no items or bonuses were provided. Then they also have a speed increase in troop recruitment. No idea what that is at but every bit certainly helps in recruiting more troops when you are in a game that centers around how many troops you have. So even when you kill their nuke which hits you with atleast 10% more strength than any other nuke in the game, they then can rebuild quicker than you.

DeletedUser3198

P.rick96 has only 5 villages. But he had 45,000 honor points.
It means you can affect the entire game than any other player 'without playing' in early stage.

'without playing'

TW2 should limit the maximum crown donation to save their ass
this world is already contaminated by one real money player. Aww!

DeletedUser

I think the crowns add a different dimension to the game but in no way improves the ability of someone to play the game. It may give some advantages but experienced players in a tribe together working as one will be more affective!

Then those paying money get bored as they don't have a real interest in trying to play the game.. they just want the quick fix glory for a few weeks.. Seen this on other games too.

Maybe they hould bring back a premium account like in orig TW?

DeletedUser2084

I think the crowns add a different dimension to the game but in no way improves the ability of someone to play the game. It may give some advantages but experienced players in a tribe together working as one will be more affective!

Then those paying money get bored as they don't have a real interest in trying to play the game.. they just want the quick fix glory for a few weeks.. Seen this on other games too.

Maybe they hould bring back a premium account like in orig TW?
Pretty much what I say but everyone's on the hating crowners bandwagon. Come mid/end game and crowning isn't even viable nor an issue.

DeletedUser1914

Pretty much what I say but everyone's on the hating crowners bandwagon. Come mid/end game and crowning isn't even viable nor an issue.
I'm all good with playing with crowners but i still want my limited edition tw 1 version world where its replaced with premium account and then we can truly have some fun without people bitching about coins and lvl 31 tribes haha

DeletedUser1104

I'm all good with playing with crowners but i still want my limited edition tw 1 version world where its replaced with premium account and then we can truly have some fun without people bitching about coins and lvl 31 tribes haha

You would probably be bitching as well if since when the first nobles came out people were attacking with 120% morale. But you are sitting back on the rim just farming noobies.

10% from a tribe bonus and 10% from grandmaster. It is slightly moronic that someone can farm faster to get more troops/quicker nobles/quicker everything to then also attack with that bigger army with atleast 10% more morale then anyone else in the game could get all with your first noble. Personally I wouldnt mind if maybe they just opened up certain tribe levels at certain times.. Like for example make ti so you can get level 10-20 tribe levels after 4 weeks into the world. 20-30 after 8 weeks or something. Just made up the dates but atleast it would make it so that the better benefits cant be reaped so early and it will be a little later when people have multiple villages so they can pool defense easier to fight 120% morale armies and what not. It would also allow those who spend money to still be a little ahead since they can quickly move up the ranks when they become available.

And I know the response to this is always "well just be more active and you can still fight it without spending money". I was I was rank 6-10 or something for a large part of the beginning of the world when I didnt spend money and I didnt even co-op. Then I started actually fighting p&d and stagnated because fighting 120% morale nukes from multiple players really makes it hard to find time to noble early on.

On the bright side, 2 of the people I complained about in the first post who were in the top 10 have already quit so spending money cant always save you I guess. One after I killed his nuke for like the 3rd or 4th time (thats the one where i did fast rebuild a wall and jchinz called me out for it lol) and another much in the same time period who also was attacking me, and dying (not sure if it was related to losing his army though).

On the same note, another p&d member spent 80 dollars apparently to kill one of my nukes. So that was interesting. And I think that 80 is not even counting the times before in that day where he rebuilt his wall twice to 20, but cant say that one for sure.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser

The time limit thing would be good.. think it would bring interest from all players.. allow the crowners to be spending but those that dont who would add some depth to game, to still have some fun! I.e. not annoying the none-buck-spending players to keep them playing.. which keeps numbers up. Those that spend money would be bored very quick if there was no-one else playing!

DeletedUser2084

Honesty as I've said before most players who are ranked early don't stay there for the entire game - let alone the first few weeks. It's still early, crowns may be slightly overpowered early game but mid-late it's almost useless to spend crowns in the game. That's where true skill comes in.
It's not the start of the world that wins a world, it's what happens mid-end game. I do not see P&D lasting long. Especially with your leader. :)

DeletedUser3087

Honesty as I've said before most players who are ranked early don't stay there for the entire game - let alone the first few weeks. It's still early, crowns may be slightly overpowered early game but mid-late it's almost useless to spend crowns in the game. That's where true skill comes in.
It's not the start of the world that wins a world, it's what happens mid-end game. I do not see P&D lasting long. Especially with your leader. :)
I couldn't agree with you more

DeletedUser1914

But im not in P&D...unless you mean Gator cause gator is life anyhows i wonder how much t cost to get a tribe to lvl 31 like they did hmmmmm i'd wager a fair bit

DeletedUser2084

But im not in P&D...unless you mean Gator cause gator is life anyhows i wonder how much t cost to get a tribe to lvl 31 like they did hmmmmm i'd wager a fair bit
Oh idk haha not really keeping up with whos in what tribe

DeletedUser

This is the view point of someone out near the rim, largely unaffected by crowns spent in the core at this stage. Aside from the fact that crowns in the early game do make a big difference if they result in your being wiped out, I think it also misses just quite how many crowns PD are spending. When one player has 45,000 honour points alone, when barbs are MoL'd repeatedly from a few hundred points to >3k at a time when most people's main vills were less than that, troops and walls and farms and churches are all bought, this is way beyond what can be considered the norm for crown spending at the start of a game.

Beyond that, it does affect the mid to late stages, because it affects what tribes will survive until then and what their make up will be. Ordinarily I am not against crown spending, certainly not on an individual level. It keeps the game free for me (though i would happily play on a premium world) and it can be over-come with planning and teamwork. But when it is done on this scale, massively skewed towards one tribe, when that tribe is lvl 35 skills to the others 9/10, when it has 20% quicker recruiting and 10% better attack, it provides a lure to pick players away from other tribes, it discourages other tribes and creates an incentive to quit because it is nothing like a level playing field.

I play the game for the challenge; a fair challenge. I would not spend crowns because I would take no pleasure in a victory gained in that manner. I will take a great deal of satisfaction in seeing PD go down in flames, if they do, but TW is not fun played like this. Using crowns to gain an advantage is one thing, simply buying victory over another player is another, and that can be done if you spend enough. PD have been doing it ever since they started.

I am not shy of a challenge. I have stuck with worlds where defeat has seemed certain and fought on. This is the first world I have considered quitting, not just this world but TW if other worlds start like this. It is simply not enjoyable played this way

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2084

This is the view point of someone out near the rim, largely unaffected by crowns spent in the core at this stage.
Should probably do some research before you try and invalidate someones opinion.

DeletedUser1914

This is the view point of someone out near the rim, largely unaffected by crowns spent in the core at this stage. Aside from the fact that crowns in the early game do make a big difference if they result in your being wiped out, I think it also misses just quite how many crowns PD are spending. When one player has 45,000 honour points alone, when barbs are MoL'd repeatedly from a few hundred points to >3k at a time when most people's main vills were less than that, troops and walls and farms and churches are all bought, this is way beyond what can be considered the norm for crown spending at the start of a game.

Beyond that, it does affect the mid to late stages, because it affects what tribes will survive until then and what their make up will be. Ordinarily I am not against crown spending, certainly not on an individual level. It keeps the game free for me (though i would happily play on a premium world) and it can be over-come with planning and teamwork. But when it is done on this scale, massively skewed towards one tribe, when that tribe is lvl 35 skills to the others 9/10, when it has 20% quicker recruiting and 10% better attack, it provides a lure to pick players away from other tribes, it discourages other tribes and creates an incentive to quit because it is nothing like a level playing field.

I play the game for the challenge; a fair challenge. I would not spend crowns because I would take no pleasure in a victory gained in that manner. I will take a great deal of satisfaction in seeing PD go down in flames, if they do, but TW is not fun played like this. Using crowns to gain an advantage is one thing, simply buying victory over another player is another, and that can be done if you spend enough. PD have been doing it ever since they started.

I am not shy of a challenge. I have stuck with worlds where defeat has seemed certain and fought on. This is the first world I have considered quitting, not just this world but TW if other worlds start like this. It is simply not enjoyable played this way
Looks at poe looks at self...yeh nah i was definetly in the core for poenari one of the first 4 provinces actually.Looks at sephy looks at multiple worlds hmmm nahh he totally isnt in the core of quinbork or anything.I mean thats not why emr is in the center of the world ?

DeletedUser3391

Of course: Crown up to the point that no one can keep up with your progress, get 15 villas before 95% of the players have got their 3rd one, and then whack 'em. No mystery there other than how much one is willing to spend.
So, have you stopped buying crowns?

DeletedUser2084

Of course: Crown up to the point that no one can keep up with your progress, get 15 villas before 95% of the players have got their 3rd one, and then whack 'em. No mystery there other than how much one is willing to spend.
So, have you stopped buying crowns?

Lol it's like you've never heard of morale. Didn't expect you to since you've probably never been top 10 in your life ;)

DeletedUser1104

Lol it's like you've never heard of morale. Didn't expect you to since you've probably never been top 10 in your life ;)
While your right in general, another added bonus of having an extra 10% attacking morale is that smaller players are at greater risk because morale is 10% higher than it should be vs those players. So use the grandmaster item and then the bonus from the tribe and you negate 20% of the morale decrease. Not bad. So much for nooby protection lol.

DeletedUser2084

While your right in general, another added bonus of having an extra 10% attacking morale is that smaller players are at greater risk because morale is 10% higher than it should be vs those players. So use the grandmaster item and then the bonus from the tribe and you negate 20% of the morale decrease. Not bad. So much for nooby protection lol.

Then how about you guys finally learn to play the game properly? Ever heard of back timing? Dodging non-ram nukes? Sniping noble trains? Setting defensive traps up? Trapping nukes?

I've literally told you in two sentences how to become a top 10 player skill wise. A skilled player will ALWAYS beat a crowner.

DeletedUser1104

Not that this is the point of the post but anyway... I am no where near small enough to have the benefit of having others have decreased morale vs me. Second everything you have listed is things I have been doing vs p&d and you can ask them, they will probably confirm that I am a nuisance to kill. I killed Naster's nuke by allowing him to prenoble a village of mine for him to then hit with the full nuke... and my offense hit a few seconds later. I sniped 3-4 (on top of like 4-8 others I killed of his just from defending attacks) nobles this world alone from Skurzasty before he quit. Defensive traps on Skurzasty's other nuke and mi3szek nukes. Both Skurzasty and Mi3szek have quit. Naster is a pain in the butt and sticks around nobling Skurzasty and Mi3szeks villages along with Nick. The only person so far who has hit me and got away with a live nuke is Nick from p&d and that was simply because I had to choose whose offense to kill and Skurzasty and MI3szek won.

But back to the point. I was a top 10 player at this point (im top 30 now because I have been trading hits with all of them so alot of rebuilding on both sides and not expanding). They still were able to hit me with large nukes (off the top of my head I am 99% confident that atleast one of the nukes was a full bountiful harvest nuke early on by Skurzasty). Skurzasty atleast admitted to buying legendary offers on troops when they were up, as well as all the benefits I have previously mentioned. Even though I was a top 10 player (and yes I pump troops 100% of time) I still couldnt handle all the nukes at once and eventually got some support. Some of the nukes were simply too large with a huge morale boost at a very early point in the world. So while they didnt gain ground on me, they were able to hamper me greatly. And that was only a few of them attacking me at once.