• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Is this how TW is now played by some? Pay to Win early on?

DeletedUser1104

I am a long time tw1 player who took a long break and came back for tw2.. I have only played w3 and w18 in TW2.

and ive noticed... quite a few in the top ranks boost their villages before nobling them. Is this now how the game is played? I understand late game the idea of nobling barbs that people have used numerous master of loots on will become impractical so it wont happen (atleast not alot).. but it sure seems to be happening alot right now.. I also recognize that people are likely spending money in other ways which are not as easily identifiable. There are many other things you can buy to boost your village production which in turn boosts your rank indirectly that I cannot see just by looking at villages nobled.

But for those who dont know what I am talking about you can take for example Skurzasty's conquest list. As you can see his last 2 villages he nobled were barbs (barb villages were of a person who used to be in his tribe so i dont know if the guy purposefully restarted or what). The 4.2k village Tartak OP was only 2.2k points when the previous owner went inactive. Magically (or in this case likely numerous master of loots were used) in the course of less than a day, the points in the village were raised by 2k and the village nobled. Similarly his village Toronto went from 1.3k as a barb to 2.8k under his control the same day. If you look back far enough his third village Torun also went from a 1.1k barb to a 3.6k village under his control in a day.

Its not just Skurzasty. Mi3szek has done it on multiple villages.. ie 1 village from 1k to 3k and here is another one. Flamekaster also has done it like here.

I could keep going down the list and finding more but I think you get the idea (and im lazy). But there are quite a few in the top ranks who got there in part with money.

Not to mention the top tribe in the world Pain & Destruction has a tribe level of 31 while most everyone else has a tribe rank of 10... which was due to one (or more) of their members dropping a lot of money on coins.

So is this how the early game is now played by many? And if so how much money does it cost to get a village from 1k to 3k through a master of loot... and how much money did it take to get to rank 31 as a tribe... or what other common items are bought early to get a huge lead early on?

On the bright side.. if these players turn out to not be great at the game and cant benefit from the boost they got from buying items then they will eventually will be nobled and better players can benefit from the big villages. But who knows maybe they are also awesome at the game.

(full disclosure i bought a couple rangers early on because I wanted to keep a nuke alive and I felt even dirty doing that... so i guess you can say I paid to win as well... but i didnt use them all. Only used it once.)

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser1914

Sadly...Yes this is how the majority of the tw 2 worlds that I've played (except for the closed world en09 and the soon to be closed en12) are it would seem.I have played since en09 and every world since nd in only 2 have i found people haven't exceedingly used crowns to do stuff.Seems the majority of people these days cant win by skill and are exceedingly impatient. I even suggested a no crown world...got shot down because"inno games need to make money from their games" apparently they cant even spare a single world for those of us who want to try and win by skill. If money was such a big problem you would think they would add premium feature like the original tw? But meh.If we could chuck the crown players into an original tw world say en15 by the gods would they crumble.I mean they would have to time attacks to the second from days away.....crowns aint helping them then....

DeletedUser3505

Seems to be a lot of pay to win going on, even by non-official means such as paying players real cash out of game for joining their tribe according to the rumours.

DeletedUser1914

Seems to be a lot of pay to win going on, even by non-official means such as paying players real cash out of game for joining their tribe according to the rumours.
lmao people are getting THAT desperate?

DeletedUser3505

Apparently some people don't want to win by playing the game

DeletedUser2560

I play to win and very rarely use crowns and I am No3 on En12 (incidentally this world will only close if the players vote for it to be closed)

DeletedUser1914

I play to win and very rarely use crowns and I am No3 on En12 (incidentally this world will only close if the players vote for it to be closed)
Who needs crowns when you have a tribe full of Co-Ops? lmao come join us over here more interesting.Offer is open to any BWG member that is still active

DeletedUser2985

I would agree with you on that one. I only use crowns for specific buildings, like for instance the Rally point level 3 requires 8 hours, I would use it for that and then continue on my merry way. Most of the time I would just do it the ordinary way. Build, go to work, and use Co-Ops.

DeletedUser2560

We are in the process of getting co-op villages back into play with active members of the tribe and this will be continuing so I will be getting larger as will other members of BWG and the co-op accounts will be getting smaller

DeletedUser1104

Just as a little update... I talked to someone who is high ranked and spent money on the game... asked how much they have spent currently. They estimated approximately 110-130 euros. That is pretty crazy for a browser game lol. But it paid off... he had a really nice nuke really early. Not sure its worth 100 euros though lol.

DeletedUser2615

I don't mind players crowning. It all evens out. And this game needs to make a profit so we can keep playing it. What gets my goat is when players crown hard to get the early advantage and then brag about how good they are.

DeletedUser3087

And it is still possible to get into the top 100 without using a single crown. You will just have to work a little harder. This game also takes patience and some character to see it through to the end game. Not like we are close to that at all.

DeletedUser

Its interesting to see a player who crowned hard complaining about crowning is so unfair blah blah blah.

DeletedUser

(full disclosure i bought a couple rangers early on because I wanted to keep a nuke alive and I felt even dirty doing that... so i guess you can say I paid to win as well... but i didnt use them all. Only used it once.)

Do you feel dirty too when you instantly work out a church by using crowns?

DeletedUser1914

Do you mean "Do you feel useless too when you instantly work out a church by using crowns?" I mean you could just noble your own starting village to get a instant chapel...no crows needed

DeletedUser1104

I didnt crown for a level one church... i always had that church. i crowned the wall ;). and that was right after i found out that one of the 4-5 people attacking me used 100+ euros... and i knew atleast one of the other used a similar amount.. so yes i used crowns for a wall in that village after crowns took it down in the first place.

Skurzasty was very proud of the amount of crowns he used and how the fight was going until I used crowns for a wall and he lost 2 large nukes... then ironically he started complaining about crowns.
I am pretty sure this is exactly what TW makers wanted.. someone who hates the idea of spending money on the game.. be attacked by those who do spend money... then that person gets fed up and spends money himself to even the playing field a tiny bit.

Also I am a one person tribe vs a one million tribe. granted I am working with some ppl now but im not getting a ton of auto benefits like you and your tribe so its weird that skurzasty is so angry over me remaking a wall.

DeletedUser1914

I didnt crown for a level one church... i always had that church. i crowned the wall ;). and that was right after i found out that one of the 4-5 people attacking me used 100+ euros... and i knew atleast one of the other used a similar amount.. so yes i used crowns for a wall in that village after crowns took it down in the first place.

Skurzasty was very proud of the amount of crowns he used and how the fight was going until I used crowns for a wall and he lost 2 large nukes... then ironically he started complaining about crowns.
I am pretty sure this is exactly what TW makers wanted.. someone who hates the idea of spending money on the game.. be attacked by those who do spend money... then that person gets fed up and spends money himself to even the playing field a tiny bit.

Also I am a one person tribe vs a one million tribe. granted I am working with some ppl now but im not getting a ton of auto benefits like you and your tribe so its weird that skurzasty is so angry over me remaking a wall.
all this would not be a problem if you actually joined a tribe and played the game properly lmao. the fact that you both use crowns in the first place regardless of the reasons .... what has the world come to when people forget how to defend without them.

DeletedUser1104

rhaegar you talk alot without actually checking stats and reading. They bought their tribe level. Level 36.. It has been very high for a very long time.. while every other tribe is level 10 or lower.. so no, joining any other tribe but p&d would not benefit me in near the same regards as p&d members are benefiting. Plus I wouldnt benefit that much from many of the tribes (strictly on the basis of tribe points that is) since I didnt have to put any points into strength in numbers like they do to increase their tribe size.