• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Inactives still not going grey

DeletedUser

Just one suggestion... If these rules regarding internal nobling etc and a co-op removing troops is in effect, this info really should absolutely be sent to people IN GAME. Give players something like a popup window of the new rules and click "accept", a window which won't close until that is done. Many people don't come to forums much, if at all. Myself I just saw this today since generally I stay out of forums. :)

Also, I understand the pain that low point player villages not going barb is causing. I do agree that if someone is under 100pts for a week or two, they should automatic go barb after that time. The server i'm on has a HUGE infestation of 51-100 pt villages. Literally 40 pages worth, which will take the current server village - barb conversion process months to finally get those done. In the meantime, it's robbing players right in the core of being able to have those vills grow as barb for farming, and the core area is SEVERELY cramped with players. So ya, certainly would like an auto-barb kind of process where if you don't log for a week under 100pts, you reset. It's in the best interest of the inactive and other players to have this.

DeletedUser3242

These rules can't be reasonably enforced in a fair manner or the scale required. Better to remove coop feature totally.

DeletedUser1581

These rules can't be reasonably enforced in a fair manner or the scale required. Better to remove coop feature totally.
Problem with this is you then get people sharing passwords and inviting co players onto accounts. I don't know why they changed the rules so you can't do that to be honest, you could always have 2 players on 1 account on TW1 when I was playing there.

DeletedUser2193

About the original issue this thread is about
@Coolnite7
The only issue with this is that some players actually even though they are not playing a world actually login that world. So if for example I had a friend that played EN20 and I just logged into that world and chatted with them then this would reset the the clock each time. Also there are some players that actually go on vacation for 7+ days without a coop but they come back and continue to play.

9f697a82dc.jpg
Judging by this, these guys have all found their BFF's here that they chat daily. And the next province too, and the next and, the next....

I'm pretty sure with all the CM powers you have you can check the last time player named "mahe" (for example) logged on his account in the EN22.
Also from FAQ's about barbarization
  • Then we apply the ‘Barbarization factor’ (which by default is on 5%): 5% of 10000 players is 500 players.
  • We now take our 500 most inactive players and delete one of their villages each at random
  • This process is repeated every day
So If im not mathematically retarded that means after 60 days (as the world has been around for almost 3 months now I think) this process should have gotten rid of ~95% of the inactive players that left the game after playing a day or so. Yet I see a province with 2 active players in it and 20 inactive ones. hmmmm.

Conclusion.
Either barbarization is not triggering at all for some reason or some factors (low % or not a daily process) are keeping it extremely slow

DeletedUser1581

EN20 there still isn't people going inactive, I know it's closed but it proves the point that there is a flaw in the system. Some players in my province has never grown in points, I think roughly 6 months on they are still there on the same points.
The only world I have seen inactives turning barb with our restarting ect was Huniade (EN08) and even then only the core went barb. Also I had a village on Orava I think it was, logged in 3 months later it was still there (being farmed of course) and that is right on the core around the ADD players.

DeletedUser2193

EN11 was doing fine, could see the barbarization on map very well as small players in the core turned to barbs and the ring progressed outwards constantly.

DeletedUser2847

barbarization isnt working. The amount of villas turned to barb at EN 20 tells me that only players that have deleted their account have become grey. Barbarization worked at EN 14. But it could might be that the amount of players that log in once in a time and never build anything have grown by 175235677642%. This process is dead and it have been for a long time. I guess the amount of inactive villas is to small to trigger the process

DeletedUser3016

barbarization isnt working. The amount of villas turned to barb at EN 20 tells me that only players that have deleted their account have become grey. Barbarization worked at EN 14. But it could might be that the amount of players that log in once in a time and never build anything have grown by 175235677642%. This process is dead and it have been for a long time. I guess the amount of inactive villas is to small to trigger the process
Now that players cannot delete their account through the support system, this gravely increases frustration for both active, and inactive players for this game. It means that people who no longer wish to be notified of a world they no longer play are getting such, and people who want to attack said villages, and have them as barb farms are getting frustrated. There was a reason that this was possible in the first place.

DeletedUser2847

This is something that isnt going to work again before Innogames understand that the playerbase is smaller. They need to do some changes in coding to lower the triggerpoint

DeletedUser1581

Oh sheet they got rid of the account deleting? I see no reason why account deleting shall ever be forgot. But seriously this is just going to intensify the problem .....

DeletedUser3157

I think something was changed in barbarian growth/barbarization code in early summer/spring. After this change barbs in a center provinces are not growing in a similar (old) way, growth is normal around 6 or more provinces from the center. e.g EN22 where I play, there are bigger barbs in a rim than in a center. Inactives barbarization changed around same time.

DeletedUser2847

Thats the stupidest ever. Are they trying to punish player that have the guts to be in center. But it isnt any barbarization on the rim at EN 20 either

DeletedUser2193

I think something was changed in barbarian growth/barbarization code in early summer/spring. After this change barbs in a center provinces are not growing in a similar (old) way, growth is normal around 6 or more provinces from the center. e.g EN22 where I play, there are bigger barbs in a rim than in a center. Inactives barbarization changed around same time.

I dont think somethings wrong with the barb growth process. Im not 100% sure about this, but I think for barbarian village to grow it needs the average province point thing and also resources stored in it to "build up". In the core there are so many people farming the barbs each of them gets hit every few minutes and it never accumulates enough resources to up the building levels.

Ive always wanted to make an experiment about pumping some resources in barb villages and see if they grow faster, but im not sure how often the "is there enough resources" check happens so its too hard to control with people farming stuff.

DeletedUser2616

Maybe the 51 point players do log on. There's one in my province who hadn't grown at all for more than a month, now he's 450 and has his second village :eek:

DeletedUser3951

They can also be playing in other worlds and hit the button for your world by mistake and that means the clock is reset again. Q: How do I know this? A: because I have done it too LOL

DeletedUser2847

Its a fact that we got it confirmed from support some time ago that it need to be a certain amount of inactive villas to trigger this process. I have played 10-15 realms at different servers and there is a pattern in this process and size of playerbase. but my advice to support is to ask devs about this issue and give the community an answer. And if this triggerpoint is going to be lowered because of a smaller playerbase. I actually belive it should be a 2 min job for devs. just to change a number

DeletedUser2616

yeah, I've had people look up my stats and think I've been around since en1, I accidentally clicked it instead of scrolling the page :p

DeletedUser2193

Sure there can be accidental clicks and people that use tw2 to chat, I agree there is such a possibility.

But you cant be blind enough that you think ~10'000- people have made the same exact mistake and / or are chatting. It takes one minute looking at in game rankings to see that there are 100 pages of profiles with 33-100 points.

And the most frustrating thing about this is the lack of replies to the points provided.
  • "This doesn't sound right, let me look in to this"
  • "We have / we dont have way to actually check when the player has logged in the last time"
  • We have notified the devs of the issue and waiting for their response.
There are only 3 explanations for this
  • Either the game mods are completely unaware of what game they're modding and the mechanics involved.. khem.. "whats a resource deposit?".. khem..
  • They are aware of the problem but its easier to just say "No you're wrong, 10k players just log in, everything's fine."

DeletedUser1581

This is actually a issue I brought up and funnily enough the post got deleted. I expressed that I felt worlds were opening to close to each other which was putting too much pressure on the server thus causing lag and allowing players to "world hop" when they are beaten or all isn't going well.
Opening less worlds would hopefully mean that worlds become more competitive as players who are rimmed have to restart rather than go elsewhere. It would also mean that there's a higher chance of new players not quitting A.S.A.P as they then would join a old world and start on the rim where it's less competitive and more chance to grow and learn, rather than landing in the core and their hopes/detemination being destroyed by the more experienced members in the core.

DeletedUser3309

There has been a very steep decline in the quality of worlds from EN16 forwards. The worlds are ending extremely fast, measures implemented to prolong them are ineffective and the players are leaving this game in droves.

A general lack of understanding of the problem I believe is what is causing it.