• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

How to Defeat a Stack

• Thread starter DeletedUser3129
  • Start date

DeletedUser3129

Maybe there a lot of threads that passed about this before but I want to raise my own case for my own learning. It's also my first time to ask here since my discovery of the possibility to post new threads here.
Yahoo answers aren't just helping anymore, and the variety of threads that answers my question further complicates my brain to a state which it doesnt work anymore. So if it be a kindness, answer me directly

So I have this target of a 4k village (which made me think it's useless for him to defend) to my surprise
found out that he has almost 150k worth of provisions there. My villages or provinces are almost a day out from him, so even if I did found the defending villages supplying the village I need to take it'd still be a demise in my part, I am attacking him in one of his major cluster of provinces.

2096hpd.png

So, yea, need advice on this part.
He really has everything dang guy dying to defend a 4k village haha driving me crazy.

DeletedUser2635

As many Berserkers and as many Rams as possible I would say.

Maybe even a few nukes with solo Berserkers first, as Rams wont help a lot with that number of Trebuchets.

DeletedUser2084

You're never going to take it unless you throw a stupid amount of nukes at it (upwards of 100-150?). His trebs will just decimate your rams so his walls will constantly be 20. Maybe a huge bunch of pure zerker nukes with rams could do it but yeah dunno lol

DeletedUser2635

Maybe a huge bunch of pure zerker nukes
I agree there, but I would say no Rams until the Trebuchet number is at least under 300 [even 300 is a huge number] :p

I would just sabotage it to the ground XD

DeletedUser3129

It did hit me I'd be crazy if I try to take this on my own lol, but as it happens it is quite vital for me.
Anyways, I have a lot of angles to come at like choose another target, would just like ti know if its
even possible to hit that lol.

DeletedUser2635

It's not impregnable for sure. But I wouldn't hit it anyway.

DeletedUser2084

It's not impregnable for sure. But I wouldn't hit it anyway.
Yup! Not impossible but feasible? Nope.

Better off mass faking the entire province with treb fakes mixed with actual noble train/nukes. That'll spread his def thin.

DeletedUser3129

That's what exactly I was hoping for because its a tribe-wide operation and Im here sitting on my 150k worth of prov target.
So my solution is to target multiple villages now, could increase my success at taking a claim.

DeletedUser2754

I suppose that's a deathstar, the only village of that player in the province...
I can see two ways:
1. If the player has a church in the village and not a chapel, it's not that hard to hit that down. Time your nukes to land at a specific time, and send a sab run to land just 1 minute before to sab the church down before the nukes start landing. If you cut those numbers in half, it's quite doable and the rams will start working so, after a few nukes the wall will start going down and in the end those troops will be defending at 50%. So your nuke might get killed but you'll kill just as many troops in the process until you finally clear it.
2. If the player has a chapel make the same to him but better. Chapelflash one of his provinces and start nobling the villages he sent support from. That's always the best option :)

DeletedUser2635

1. If the player has a church in the village and not a chapel, it's not that hard to hit that down. Time your nukes to land at a specific time, and send a sab run to land just 1 minute before to sab the church down before the nukes start landing. If you cut those numbers in half, it's quite doable and the rams will start working so, after a few nukes the wall will start going down and in the end those troops will be defending at 50%. So your nuke might get killed but you'll kill just as many troops in the process until you finally clear it.
Same thing I was thinking, but he would still take a lot of loses.

DeletedUser3129

Yea I've taken a lot of thinking about it, and yes its one of his two villages in the province. I might go for the villages behind his lines
flanks and front line. That would send him doubling back I guess so I have a chance at taking this dmn village. Who defends like that jesus.
Also, would someone care to explain to me wth is chapelflash?

DeletedUser3016

Chapel flash is where you capture your starter village, so that your chapel becomes available to build again. You then build a church in that province, so that you can still have your faith. When you then move in to a hostile area, that you feel may get attacked quickly, you can build your chapel in 30 seconds, rather than a matter of hours, meaning that you have instant faith in that new province. If you are smart about it, you can have your nukes attack his province, that you plan on entering, make him think that it is all fakes, but have your nobles take the village you want to chapel flash, and build it straight away, so that he has no time to then reallocate his support.

DeletedUser3129

I see, thanks. Now I can do it thanks for the explanation. Yes, I think that's a good thing to do :) Super

DeletedUser2670

As Andy already mentioned, find the villages where the stack came from. Theres a good chance there will be some empty def villages around. You then have two options : Fake an attack towards your target to make them keep the stack where they are and send noble towards the empty villages who you make them belive is just fake. If you take those empty villages, the stack is gone. To confuse them, you include trebs in your attack so that every attack comes at same speed, incuding those with nobles.
The other options is to fake attack towards empty villages to try make him withdraw the stack. Getting that village can be done by fooling them, and it can be done for a low price. But it depence on where the stack came from.

it all depends. you got your answer i guess but i like to sort them out in case anyone else visited this thread. and also add my own opinion to it.

One , if there is no Trebs :
hit it hard with rams. lots of rams. i mean always keep a few nukes with +500 rams around. use your pally and its ram weapon a grandmaster and the best faith possible to have the highest attack modifier possible. break the wall and time your usual nukes to land after the wall breakers. (still you will lose a handful of nukes. but you kill a satisfying number of defender troops too)

Two , Treb + Church :
Sabotage the village ,you have to be patient sometimes , when church is gone. start attacking and keep the sabotage runs on the go as well. now there is a few flaws in this ,
- chapel. it can pop-up and ruin your day.
- he can buy back church moment before your troops land , make sure target village farm is low.(with sabs)

Three , Treb + Chapel + wall and everything else.(like the screenshot)
thats one dear village to the player.
you just do what everyone said. put the player under pressure to move support out of there. try in-direct solutions. change the target , try fakes invade his provinces and target his other villages. engage him so much into battle that he can't do anything but moving the support out of there. and also dont forget sabotage. make the village useless. so he can't surprise you with close range noble trains later. keep the village under watch. spy buildings(he may move the chapel) and troops daily.

now lets not forget its TRIBALwars ,
if a player is just unbearably painful to you. fight him as a tribe. clearing a village in a team is easier and costs less. invading player province and engaging him into a large scale war is easier. faking is more effective. its a team game people. be there for your tribemates and expect them to do the same for you. because it way more efficiently done as a tribe always.