• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Hospital can't be cat down

DeletedUser2754

I'm not sure this is a bug or not but I can't figure out why the hospital can't be cat down.

The hospital is a new building (from an old TW1 player) and since it doesn't take up much provisions I decided to have it maxed to start with. At the time, I also thought that to send the troops with a medic to save some troops we also had to have an hospital from the origin village and that those medic items could be built in the hospital. Of course I found out pretty quickly that the medics weren't produced but only purchased or, at most, you could find them in the resource deposit.

So the hospital as support for your own offense troops was ruled out as a function. And the only use for the hospital is for defense, saving up to 1000k troops if your village gets under attack. But what happens most of the times is that when you have a big account is that you don't parse the hospitals on the daily maintenance and your injured men are most often forgotten for all eternity in the hospital because to release them you have to actually go there and click an icon to release those men.

It also doesn't make any sense that if you 1000 men go to the hospital it takes 6 hours to have them back in the game, but if only 1 spearman dies, it takes the same 6 hours. Honestly, I would rather kill the injured guy and breed a new spearman in the barracks. But that's just me an heartless guy, lol.

I also get very very very annoyed that every time that I have to support an offensive village with defensive troops from other villages, that those defensive troops go to the hospital of the village under attack and in the end I win a mixed village of troops and have to suicide the troops the hospital has just saved. Again I'm a heartless guy to the crippled, lol.

The hospital is stupid and makes no sense as it is conceived. So I was preparing to do the only wise thing I could do, since there is still no downgrade option in the HQ, I decided to cat down the hospital and free myself of that burden. What I didn't know is that the hospital is the only building that once built is forever built. There are buildings that can't be destroyed but you can raze them to level 1. Or you can noble your village to get rid of the chapel. The hospital you can not. Once built at level 10, it will stay forever at level 10.

Is this a bug? It surely looks like it...

DeletedUser3135

Only a guess but I'd speculate that since the hospital was added later in the game instead of being an initial building it was probably just not added to the original list of buildings by an oversight. I somehow doubt that it was intended to make an indestructible building out of it.

DeletedUser2754

In the wiki each building level have a specific amount of hitpoints which mean cats should hit it down, it should be destructible. If you check the hitpoints of the chapel it says "N/A" which means indestructible.

DeletedUser2185

This feature was disabled some time ago. The developers are trying to find a way to balance builds and units, as far as I am aware they are still working on it.