• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

General Discussions (Quadrangular castle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with

@CAERUS

You cheat, you get caught... you could be banned...

Tough shit.

Can't complain about it. Don't cheat.

Take it on the chin and try not doing it again...

Seems like majestic are doing most the winging... does that give us a clue about who's bending the rules the most maybe?

Regardless the vast majority of detection (If not all) has banned actual rule breakers and will continue todo so.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Thanks.

Slight moral quandry then.

Is it better to punish cheaters, even if it means you also punish some innocents? Or is it better to ensure you don't punish innocents, even if that means cheaters prosper as well?

Slight moral quandry then.

Is it better to punish cheaters, even if it means you also punish some innocents? Or is it better to ensure you don't punish innocents, even if that means cheaters prosper as well?

Really valid points @ArbitraryCamel

Its certainly concerning that we are having reports of this happening however Its a VERY small purportion and these cases are being investigated thoroughly.

There's also a fine line of the world 'Innocent' because the reason these 'Innocent' players may have been banned is the fact they previously used some software or access from Co-op has had this 'something' running without perhaps mentionsing to their co-op.

Perhaps even Password sharing.

Inno will always stand by you are responsible for your account and also liable for punishment or in worse cases a ban although I would personally say a ban is less demoralising then what im seeing tbh.

Regardless players who haven't done anything wrong, who claim to be honest and play within rules I feel should be compensated for their losses.

Doing my best to have the Innocent players helped because I do agree its not fair.

Its certainly concerning that we are having reports of this happening however Its a VERY small purportion and these cases are being investigated thoroughly.

There's also a fine line of the world 'Innocent' because the reason these 'Innocent' players may have been banned is the fact they previously used some software or access from Co-op has had this 'something' running without perhaps mentionsing to their co-op.

Inno will always stand by you are responsible for your account and also liable for punishment or in worse cases a ban although I would personally say a ban is less demoralising then what im seeing tbh.

Regardless players who haven't done anything wrong, who claim to be honest and play within rules I feel should be compensated for their losses.

Doing my best to have the Innocent players helped because I do agree its not fair.

Still, swings back round. Especially given how Ingame support will never provide any actual evidence of supposed cheating. It's impossible to prove a negative, and it's also pretty much impossible to explain what they're seeing to ban you, if you don't get told what they've used to ban you.

Whilst this is part of the rules, I'd have thought support should be able to distinguish between an account log in, and a co-op one. Because the game for sure does, otherwise how would it lock out minting for co-ops? Therefore, being punished for what a co-op does, whilst in the scope of the rules, is pretty shocking given the level of damage this does to an account. Losing all your troops because your co-op was cheating without telling you? That's bullcrap. What about when someone's caught multi accounting? Should all their co-ops be banned as well?

Good. And nice to hear. I wish you much luck, but I fully expect you're fighting a battle you won't win there.

When i asked support that my ban is not fair, and "inno detection system is week" - i was ban for ever(i can give u proofs PM, not there, according to rules). What about this?))) I am provide little more info, i am 100% phine player, *******? really? ahaha. But deleting top 1 BO player can be good for some type of players. Open your eyes.

Last edited by a staff member:
en 40 i was banned for sending spam from coop, in 24 h i loose 18 my villas, Attacks start in same moment with a ban, and again i have proofs. But i win EN 40 and i will win it ))

Still, swings back round. Especially given how Ingame support will never provide any actual evidence of supposed cheating. It's impossible to prove a negative, and it's also pretty much impossible to explain what they're seeing to ban you, if you don't get told what they've used to ban you.

No company is going to tell the person that got banned what they used... that's just dumb

No company is going to tell the person that got banned what they used... that's just dumb

There's a line that can be walked between "Sod all evidence" and "Telling you exactly how you were caught".

Currently Inno's response is to tell you nothing. Ban appeals are pointless because you cannot actually appeal. It's impossible to prove a negative, and impossible to disprove their belief when they won't give you the slightest indication of how they came to it.

my meme is gone :(

There's a line that can be walked between "Sod all evidence" and "Telling you exactly how you were caught".

Currently Inno's response is to tell you nothing. Ban appeals are pointless because you cannot actually appeal. It's impossible to prove a negative, and impossible to disprove their belief when they won't give you the slightest indication of how they came to it.

Any kind of explanation as to why you've been banned hints on how to bypass it. people being told "we detected *******/*********/whatever software on your computer" Is the only explanation needed. what will they do? tell you what script they caught you with so you know exactly which scripts to avoid while trying to cheat? As CAERUS said, some players got banned for having used ******* in previous worlds.. they aren't exactly innocent by any true definition, just innocent in one context.
It's better that you don't know if you've been banned for [bad word] accounts or for scripting, because it'll make one avoid both in the case they were guilty of both

Seeing so many people complaining, you were cheating and gaining an unfair advantage on other players who don't cheat and tbh I'm sick of cheats getting away with it. These punishments are long over due and I applaud it. Long may it continue

snipped for brevity

Your post would be fine IF we didn't have an admission that they KNOW they've banned innocent people. The fact that you can be banned and have no hope of actually being able to appeal and convince them otherwise should be highly concerning to everyone. I know it is to me, this early people can restart / rebuild. In a month? 2 months? How gutted would you be if it falsely caught you and you have no way to try and convince them you were innocent? You just had to sit and watch your account get basically wiped?

There are ways they can express some of why you have been banned without going into it fully. Let's be honest here, we all know the signs of a botted account, or could take a damn good guess at them. I'm not suggesting that they say "You have shown too much activity by being online for more than 18 hours a day", but having been that side of the desk (other games, many years ago), the service received from ingame support is shockingly poor.

... brevity...
I guess I’m kinda connecting the forum mods not having insider info with this... but has inno themselves ever admitted to knowing some were falsely banned? I know what Caerus said but it’s possibly it’s just conjecture from them. This is of course all conjecture from me for sure, and I’m not gonna pretend to have all the answers, i just think *something* must’ve caused people to get flagged, you know? The activity time seems like it wouldn’t be a flag since this world I’ve forgotten to close the window overnight a couple times and I haven’t been affected by this wave of bans. I dunno.. i did make sure things like tampermonkey were completely uninstalled in case that was a flag, despite it being used for more than just tw2 :confused:

I guess I’m kinda connecting the forum mods not having insider info with this... but has inno themselves ever admitted to knowing some were falsely banned?

Hmm possibly not, however I'd have expected there to be a mod chat were more information is shared than we mere peons see :p I guess I was just taking a Mod as being representative of Inno's position.

Oh yeah for sure, "something did", which we'll never know exactly, and I wouldn't expect to know. But having to uninstall an extension that is used for other things? Unacceptable if that is flagging it. Activity? Perhaps not, unless you were actively farming for that period :D There's a difference between being logged in, and actively playing which a bot would be doing. No one can play 24/7 for nigh on 3 weeks, so stuff like that is obvious, you could maybe see someone do the first 48 - 60 hours of the game if they were super no lifing it, but beyond that you'd be pretty much dead playing constantly

There is a concept: "Presumption of innocence".
It is not for me to prove to the inno administration that I am not guilty. They must provide proof of my guilt.
When asked to provide evidence, we do not receive anything!

Hmm possibly not, however I'd have expected there to be a mod chat were more information is shared than we mere peons see :p I guess I was just taking a Mod as being representative of Inno's position.

Oh yeah for sure, "something did", which we'll never know exactly, and I wouldn't expect to know. But having to uninstall an extension that is used for other things? Unacceptable if that is flagging it. Activity? Perhaps not, unless you were actively farming for that period :D There's a difference between being logged in, and actively playing which a bot would be doing. No one can play 24/7 for nigh on 3 weeks, so stuff like that is obvious, you could maybe see someone do the first 48 - 60 hours of the game if they were super no lifing it, but beyond that you'd be pretty much dead playing constantly
I totally agree. If the ban is based on the presence of an extension, then this is absolutely unacceptable. Many browser extensions are used to work.
By itself, the presence of an extension should not be proof of the player's guilt.

DeletedUser5650

There is a mod chat (I'm mod for another nationality world). However we (the forum mods) had no prior knowledge of bans coming down, no post knowledge of who has been banned and we do not see individual tickets.

It may be that the in-game mods have their own chat where more information was shared (I honestly do not know), but forum mods only moderate the forum.

I totally agree. If the ban is based on the presence of an extension, then this is absolutely unacceptable. Many browser extensions are used to work.
By itself, the presence of an extension should not be proof of the player's guilt.
Exactly. You could be running an extension to allow you to play some old (b)ucking flash game on your browser.

Независимо от игроков, которые не сделали ничего плохого, которые утверждают, что они честны и играют по правилам, я считаю, что они должны получить компенсацию за свои проигрыши.

Don't you find it funny when you write these words yourself? If you wanted to help innocent players, you would have a dialogue trying to find out the circumstances of the game. From your team, only one answer, do not use a bot! Do you really think this is an honest dialogue? I have played many games, different genres, everywhere players want to benefit from using bot programs. In all games, sooner or later such players are caught. But when they are caught, they are provided with evidence of the use of bot programs. I would understand your evidence if you at least wrote that your account works 24 hours a day, and robs barbarian villages with the same cycle or the same villages 24 hours a day. But you can't even provide that!

Status
Not open for further replies.