• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Game settings, keep resetting to default.

• Thread starter DeletedUser3635
  • Start date

DeletedUser3635

This is not a major issue, just an annoying one.
I have noticed recently, yesterday and today, that when i do a normal log in to my account, i suddendly find that the MUSIC is active, and the settings for the MAP have defaulted back to normal game settings.

Like i said not a major issue, but for some reason the game settings set by me, are not retained, but go to Game Default, this includes, MUSIC, MAP ZOOM, ANIMATION, FOG, etc.

I am using Chrome, [latest and up to date] WINDOWS 8.1, no other issues with game.

DeletedUser2084

Are you clearing your cookies? Cleaning your temp cache etc? Using CCleaner? Any of these things can reset your settings.

DeletedUser1201

Sephyrx does make a valid point. If you have your browser marked to clear both cookies and cache upon exiting, it will reset everything each time. I know that it happens when I clear my own cookies and cache, so that might be an option as well.

DeletedUser3635

Interesting never realised settings would default by clearing up cache, i have set my AVG to only clear rubbish, not cookies, i clear the history on a regular basis from the browser using chrome itself, as you get 1000s of pages stored otherwise, but have not ticked cookies, so far we appear to not having any more defaulting.
Thank you for info Sephyrx, learn something new every day it seems.

DeletedUser2084

Interesting never realised settings would default by clearing up cache, i have set my AVG to only clear rubbish, not cookies, i clear the history on a regular basis from the browser using chrome itself, as you get 1000s of pages stored otherwise, but have not ticked cookies, so far we appear to not having any more defaulting.
Thank you for info Sephyrx, learn something new every day it seems.

You're very welcome :)

DeletedUser3635

No we appear to be OK, I changed the way my page cache clearance is done, and no further repeat of the problem.