• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Explain the restart to me

DeletedUser299

Right so when I restarted one time earlier on (I didn't like my position), I started with all the quests from the beginning. However this didn't happen on another couple of worlds I later restarted on.

Another question, if you get totally wiped after having say 4 villas, do you keep your minted coins when you restart?

If you're sent back to the beginning for whatever reason (by choice or wiped out), then you should at least keep certain things to help you get back in the game. Whether thats access to the quests from the beginning again plus keeping your minted coins. If you have access to, or keep, nothing then you literally will have a very difficult first few days on the restart and you'll have to accumulate alot of resources again to re-mint coins.

Booya.

DeletedUser

I don't think you should get anything when you restart except maybe, only maybe, the quests to do again so you don't fall behind other players in the area.
But why let people keep their coins? It's a traditional part of TW, that once all your villages are nobled, you start from scratch. Besides, that would give you too much of an advantage over others who don't already have coins.

DeletedUser299

But you've already earned those coins. Coins aren't stored anywhere, the player who conquers your cities doesn't get them. You should keep them so you can restart faster, the main reason being that it will help prevent players leaving the game once they are forced to restart.

DeletedUser486

If you restart it's from scratch, though the quests should be refreshed for you.

You can lose all your academies and keep your coins, but not if you restart (iirc). So say you were about to be nobled and jumped to a barb out of the way, you could build up from there and find your coins when you build an academy next.

DeletedUser299

If you're nobled totally in the province you first started in, and like you say you jump to a remote barb camp as a last resort in a different province, then does the new province become your new main province? I.e you get the 100% attack power not the 50%?

DeletedUser486

dangerousdan;n9022 said:
If you're nobled totally in the province you first started in, and like you say you jump to a remote barb camp as a last resort in a different province, then does the new province become your new main province? I.e you get the 100% attack power not the 50%?
If you lose the chapel, you can rebuild it elsewhere, cheap and fast.

DeletedUser299

So why do you think its fair to earn loads of coins over a long period of time that get wiped if you get wiped?

DeletedUser486

Well, if you consider that a player might lose in the first few weeks, and restart in an area with a bunch of new players, then those new players would be racing against a player that didn't need to work on coins before nobling them all.

DeletedUser299

Hmm can't really win can you in either situation. Work on coins, get nobled, lose everything, quit game. Or keep coins, new players get nobled quickly by you, they quit game.

Maybe the best solution is just to make it quicker overall, for everyone. Like Ive been saying all along.

DeletedUser486

A faster pace, would lead to a much more intensive late game, which you should check out tw1 to see what that would be like. I guess an alternative would be to have players start in slightly more developed villages and pacing up the start up quests, but trying to pace up anything will only quicken the time to one of the players in a fight getting nobled.

DeletedUser299

Yeah I tried to check out TW1 but the graphics are god awful. I'm not playing something with worse graphics than a ZX spectrum.

I'm sure there would be ways to prevent excessive nobling in the start up phase. For example extend beginner protection and lay down many more barb camps on the map. Give defense troops a significant recruit time advantage over offense troops until barracks reaches a certain (expensive) level.

And yeah you may get nobled quicker but you'll rebuild quicker too.

As for the end game, building levels and noble costs can be made exponentially more expensive to slow down progression as the game advances.

DeletedUser486

Tribal wars isn't played for the graphics.

What you are describing is more a Tribal Wars 3 idea than an altering to the current game mechanic.

DeletedUser299

No I'm not Im describing changes that could be made easily to TW2 to speed it up.

There's a point at which the graphics hinder the game to such a degree especially when we are used to modern day graphics. May as well be text based.

DeletedUser486

I take it you are a player who no longer enjoys Asteroids?

and no, you are really are asking for a complete overhaul on the way tws2 was designed to be paced out.

DeletedUser299

Yatogami;n9147 said:
I take it you are a player who no longer enjoys Asteroids?

Sometimes I get a deep desire to install an emulator and play some of the old classic games from megadrive, amiga or whatever. And then when I do I realise how spoilt I now am. These games were great in their day and for nostalgic reasons I love them but they are boring to play.

DeletedUser

This game is text based...
and yea, most people rage quit after getting wiped out.
The game is just cruel like that. you would have to alter the core idea of the game to fix it.
Besides, the cruel freedom to truly wipe out someone is part of why the game can be so addicting.
And for the graphics issue, the graphics are useless in this game because it is text based, so I don't understand your problem with TW1.