• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

EN5 - a history

DeletedUser299

I have no disagreement with Marcus on what he says. What I would say though is that IMK and L&S were polar opposites. All the IMK players when they went to L&S, turned into hunkered down defensive players. That wasn't why I joined IMK and wasn't what IMK players were like. That was the reason I moved. Yes I moved to SEG first, then everyone went inactive so I came back. And it was just as boring in L&S. Then I moved to S.A, and for a time it brought some enjoyment back, until everyone started quitting again.

In a nutshell, almost everyone who had any shred of attacking desire in the world had quit or turned into maintenance players (as Marcus describes himself). A few exceptions on both sides to give credit where it is due. This left 95% defensive players in the world. A world isn't fun this way. Co-op only made this problem worse, because now even inactive players can be defensive too!

And I totally agree with Marcus that the game devs have alot to answer for here. They have made the game like this. Those who have seen other posts of mine on this forum in the past will know how much I have tried to challenge how this game is designed - from sabotage to troop speed to build times. It seems this game is targetted at the lowest common denominator, instead of being made to challenge the players who want challenge.

It was lucky for me that the opposition close to me wanted to fight. Although it was stressful at times, it was fun to defend successfully and then return the favor. My allies and I laid waste to many an enemy. They couldn't stand the heat and quit despite owning plenty of villages. One of the early quitters was someone who thought it was okay to attack a "refugee." So he proceeded to invade my provinces. When I and others started attacking him in earnest, he gave up. I think he still had well over 100 villages at that point. Oh yeah, he's one of the quitters from S.A. (or was it TGE?) DD was complaining about. Vini Vici Vidi.

DeletedUser

So again you threaten players for making negative comments but make no changes to the central isults of the thread made by DangerousDan. You are going to ban us from the forum of a game we have already won. What hammer?