• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

EN5 - a history

DeletedUser299

The last days of EN5 are upon us. In this time we can reminisce on days gone by, look at the players and what each has been through on his or her journey, and finally write the history book on this world and how it played out.

And this time, the history book will not be written by the winners.

Entry one - a player biography (part A)

Johnblaze - the man who would be king

Villages: 642
Offensive bash: 11.0 million (17,200 /vill)
Defensive bash: 6.2 million (9,650 /vill)

Started in a safe area of the map, and that's where he stayed for the next two years. He occasionally sends out some long range nukes, but not very often judging by his 11 million offensive bashpoints (17,200 per village). Happy to spend all day long co-op'ing every player on the world as freely admitted on the forum. Has also shown illeist tendancies, DangerousDan finds this very odd.

Raikenz - the indecisive

Villages: 923
Offensive bash: 45.0 million (48,800 /vill)
Defensive bash: 9.5 million (10,300 /vill)

Probably holds the record for the number of times he has quit the game then returned. Clearly started off as an exceptional player as led the world early on and still ranks highly, but then at some point around mid game his participation waned as he started to get a bit bored. Sitting quite safe in his tribe of co-op'ers he logged on from time to time to queue up troops and noble a pony of villages around him all in one go. Has demonstrated effective offensive capability with his bashpoints of almost 49k per village, but has never really been threatened either, having just 9.5 million defensive bashpoints.

Vanguardwolf - lowest bashpoints ever record holder candidate?

Villages: 898
Offensive bash: 9.5 million (10,500 /vill)
Defensive bash: 5.0 million (5,500 /vill)

Will surely hold the record for the safest player in all of TW2. Has hardly ever been attacked nor hardly attacked anyone else. Spends his days handing himself the villages of players he is co-op'ing - but only near his own cluster mind; doesn't want to increase risk by moving more than a province away at a time.

Don Key - mostly sits on the fence

Villages: 887
Offensive bash: 29.5 million (33,200 /vill)
Defensive bash: 6.5 million (7,300 /vill)

Demonstrates quite effective offensive capability but for a significant period of the game was happy to sit and absorb the villages of his neighbour who had quit and handed over the co-op. Demonstrated mostly indifference to the fighting of the two tribes until close to the end, when surrounded mostly by inactive villages he started sending out his nukes.

DangerousDan - the defiant

Villages: 725
Offensive bash: 37.7 million (52,000 /vill)
Defensive bash: 24.9 million (34,300 /vill)

Figures speak for themselves really. And never used a co-op either. History will remember him.

DeletedUser2185

Nice memoir :)

You will always remember the good worlds were you met the best opponents.

DeletedUser2185

Co-Op did not ruin the game; people taking advantage of it did.

DeletedUser1594

Co-Op did not ruin the game; people taking advantage of it did.
Can't totally agree with that statement. While co-op in theory was a help, I do have to agree that it has done more harm than good. Players in many worlds have been hoarding accounts. You can't blame the players for an extremely flawed system being released

DeletedUser3016

Can't totally agree with that statement. While co-op in theory was a help, I do have to agree that it has done more harm than good. Players in many worlds have been hoarding accounts. You can't blame the players for an extremely flawed system being released

I am pretty much going to say that pushing is a non-issue now. It will still happen, but we have clear and concise rules to deal with it, and if we see it continuing then we may have to re-scale how we handle the matter, that is pretty much it.
When it comes to 'active coop' then all I can say is that this game runs 24 hours a day. Coop is there so that you don't lose months worth of gameplay in the space of a night, whilst you were tucked up in bed. Out of the options available, coop is the most viable for us to use. Activity during this time is not something that we can take in to consideration when dealing with coop, because it's just one of them things that some people are more active than others. On the contrary though, some people crown up to make up for the deficit in their activity, and others do both. All we can do is give options. Coop is something that was there to help. It's something that was in the original TW, along with Vacation mode, and the feature itself will not be going anywhere. There may be things that change along the way to reduce the level of coop abuse, but active people cooping other active people and working together is not abuse of the system. If you wanted to combat this, the best thing is to yourself find an active coop willing to put the same or a greater level of time in to running accounts in a similar way.

DeletedUser2847

What about active coop that more or less have given the account to the coop player and just log in 5-10 min every week. The coop player is the one thats actually playing the account. We are a part of human kind. So its going to be abused as long as there isnt any real restrictions on the coop accounts

DeletedUser1594

I am pretty much going to say that pushing is a non-issue now. It will still happen, but we have clear and concise rules to deal with it, and if we see it continuing then we may have to re-scale how we handle the matter, that is pretty much it.
When it comes to 'active coop' then all I can say is that this game runs 24 hours a day. Coop is there so that you don't lose months worth of gameplay in the space of a night, whilst you were tucked up in bed. Out of the options available, coop is the most viable for us to use. Activity during this time is not something that we can take in to consideration when dealing with coop, because it's just one of them things that some people are more active than others. On the contrary though, some people crown up to make up for the deficit in their activity, and others do both. All we can do is give options. Coop is something that was there to help. It's something that was in the original TW, along with Vacation mode, and the feature itself will not be going anywhere. There may be things that change along the way to reduce the level of coop abuse, but active people cooping other active people and working together is not abuse of the system. If you wanted to combat this, the best thing is to yourself find an active coop willing to put the same or a greater level of time in to running accounts in a similar way.

Yes, as someone that plays a world that you mod, I can confirm that you have worked hard on the pushing issue, the problem becomes there is still too many villages that are inactive. Out of the 45k+ villages of the top two tribes in en11, it would not shock me if 15k villages are of inactive players that are now permanently being coop. Until coop length of time is addressed it will forever be a problem. Players that no longer log in should be treated as inactive players that eventually barb, meanwhile they are placeholders in tribes

DeletedUser3016

Yes, as someone that plays a world that you mod, I can confirm that you have worked hard on the pushing issue, the problem becomes there is still too many villages that are inactive. Out of the 45k+ villages of the top two tribes in en11, it would not shock me if 15k villages are of inactive players that are now permanently being coop. Until coop length of time is addressed it will forever be a problem. Players that no longer log in should be treated as inactive players that eventually barb, meanwhile they are placeholders in tribes
If you see people abusing coops still, by all means let us know with a ticket. The rules have changed to be stricter and easier to manage. Less up to interpretation this time around as we try and do what we can to help players who are suffering from unfair play. There will still be sweeps to look in to things like this, but ultimately user reports are always going to be the fastest way of getting it dealt with. Please be aware though, there are a lot fewer accounts inactive compared to what people think there are. We are still forwarding suggestions and feedback to get a timer put on to coop but what timescale we are looking at to get it implemented, we don't currently know.

DangerousDan - the defiant

Villages: 725
Offensive bash: 37.7 million (52,000 /vill)
Defensive bash: 24.9 million (34,300 /vill)

Figures speak for themselves really. And never used a co-op either. History will remember him.
------------------------------
I'm not sure being used as a punching bag is something to brag about.
Maybe you can figure out some catchy title for me?

Villages: 600
Offensive bash: 42.2 million (70,300 /vill)
Defensive bash: 8.8 million (14,700 /vill)

DeletedUser299

I respect you as a player Tlat. You also have been on the receiving end of some difficult geographical positions as I have. I have been on the front line since day 1 of the server, always sat right in the middle of warring tribes, so no matter which one I join I'm smack in the middle of the front line.

I think for a time you were in a tricky spot until alot of the enemy players around you quit. Nice offensive bash too.

I agree it's always difficult to choose sides when you're right on the frontline. If you recall, we (ImK) were on the ropes when we had multiple fronts to fight. The only tribe willing to allow us to join was Loyalty & Service. You didn't stay long enough to find out how the tribe operated. There were others who were in difficult geographical positions as well. They stayed with the tribe through thick and thin.

Yes, I was in a tricky spot in the beginning. However, I decided to stick around long enough to see how things worked in the tribe. If I was going down in flames, so be it. I wasn't going to go tribe hopping.

Since the world is ending, my offensive bash will not catch up to the #2 on the list.

DeletedUser299

You didn't stay long enough to find out how the tribe operated.

I stayed long enough to realise I didn't like the leader's passive approach, and i got SICK AND TIRED of him asking me to give him my co-op. Its the very principle of him co-oping nearly the whole world that I object to and have always objected to.

Okay. Fair enough. He never asked me to put him as a co-op on my account. In fact, the accounts where I'm a co-op doesn't have him as the 2nd co-op.

DeletedUser3617

that was fun lolols keep it up although the last one was misleading. My only coops was set to tlat jsut in case which he really didn't needed to do much since i still checked time to time.

DeletedUser2122

Closed until OP is ready to edit out parts of the thread that is against the forum rules(Player insults)
Feel free to PM me if you wish to edit your post.

DeletedUser

As "dangerousdan-the defiant" is stroking his ego allow me to also indulge. LOL Let me remind you that up to about 6 months ago before the developers decided to make that horrible change to the build times that it was I who ruled the world in offensive BP!! In fact, Dan got most his offensive BP attacking inactive players. Anyways after the changes to build times I decided to go into what I called maintenance mode as I was disgusted with the change in build times. The developers need to realize that anything that makes this game take longer creates more players becoming disinterested in the game which in turn creates increased player inactivity. This game is way too defensive for my liking; I would prefer smaller worlds larger provinces or get rid of the faith option all together. It’s too easy for someone to cap out an entire province and hunker down in there defensively and wait for the other player to go inactive (boring). Anyways I digress, back to dangerousdan! Dan you keep whining that the game is unfair. Yes the game is unfair it was designed/created that way and will always be that way, but changes to the rules after a game starts is wrong. I co-oped an account but never used it to push mine however if some people did I really didn’t care (and SA is just as guilty of it). To me it was not an unfair advantage any more than if someone decided to drop $100 in crowns on their account. If the developers are really worried about fairness in the game maybe they should put a daily limit on how many crowns a player can use. LOL The game is the game it is unfair, some people will use crowns, some will push their account some may only use sabotage attacks which others feel are dishonorable. Whatever, all this stuff doesn’t matter because in the end what will win the world is LOYALTY and TEAMWORK two qualities you lacked on this world Dan. When we were in IMK and our council left, I managed to broker a merge with L&S and we all agreed to be loyal and stick together as a team. So while all of IMK stuck together and joined L&S you choose to join South East Legion. The merge of IMK an offensive tribe with L&S the defensive tribe was a perfect match and we never strayed from #1 during the entire world. Then when SEG started to lose Dan, you came back to L&S. Then you got attacked by SA and instead of staying loyal to your tribe you jumped again, this time to SA. As you were describing the players from L&S above you forgot to mention two other characteristics about each of these players: They were LOYAL and they were TEAM players!! I would be honored to have them in the same tribe with me again because I know they won’t bail on me if they get attacked and I can count on them for support cause they know how to be a team player. You were too worried with self-preservation and that doesn’t work in these type of games. Loyalty and teamwork will win out every time!!

Lastly I have to mention my buddy Vacas!! He is my hero of this world and I would fight alongside him any day! He fought in my squad and early on in the world we brought down several players together and caused the breakup of a few tribes. He even continued to fight long after I went to maintenance mode. Rightful winner of offensive BP!!!!

DeletedUser2269

Nice post Marcus :)
The immature will always go into whining winnie mode whenever rub of the green goes against them. Their egos are generally bigger than their abilities ;)

DeletedUser2122

Tone it down with the personal insults all,too many flying around in this thread...don't make me bring out the hammer.