• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Did i miss a meeting??

DeletedUser

Now i know there are some "Die Hards" out there...those from the Original game who despise "barb munchers" but...

I have just seen a guy from TBK take a 51pt and a 100pt vil...JUST because they were previously owned by a player. They are 2000pt barbs right next door to these vils. I must have missed a meeting that said:

Irrelevant of your logic and common sense...you MUST noble inactive players villages!! (yeah...double exclamation mark)

I know LEGACY have a rule where barb taking is illegal. (idiots who will slow their own growth down by doing so) but...surely it's common sense to take the best and best built village available? No matter who was the previous owner. Maybe i'm wrong...Legacy leadership floated the idea that i would run out of farms if i took them all...that ain't happening...lmao

Taking barbs in the TW1 Original game is not usually good because there are many active accounts in your area. TW2 has less active accounts and some provinces have non. It's implausible to take a 51 pt village when there is a perfectly adequate 2000pt vil next door.

You guys are all nuts! :confused:

Jas

DeletedUser486

Barbs cap out at 3.5k, if your intent is to complete a province then it is less work to target inactives and let your average points for the province boost barb growth.

DeletedUser

Erm..and how long would it take to get a 51 pt village upto fighting standard? Sorry Yato i have to disagree with you on this...lol

This game isn't won by those with the most points, nor the most villages. It's won by those with the most troops...and the faster they are gained, the better. A 2000pt vil will produce troops faster so...that's my logic. (aside from losing no troops in taking a barb to start with)

It's a win/win senario...especially since i'm quite happy to take a 3.5k vil instead of losing troops against a 5k vil where it'll cost me a full nuke +.

Maybe i'm tipping the game here...however, i want players to play on an equal level. No matter what is said, i believe that...players taking 100pt villages will NEVER keep up with troop count against someone taking 2000/3000pt barbs. :cool:

Jas

DeletedUser486

Disagree with me spending a month on that exact tactic in preparation to take on a tribe with 10x my members who also had a brother tribe. I built a province into a fortress and was able to actively support my tribemates unquestionably because they were too afraid to even attempt assaulting me.

At this point I was aiming for rank 20 whilst leading a tribe and I was top 5 for minting coins and at that point had more cavalry than the rank 1 player.

With my time constraints as they were, and the game as it was, I consider that an achievement for me, whilst it may not impress you, my tactic succeeded, my tribe thrived and has been able to progress.

AoW are currently nobling all of the inactives in their provinces to stop me from landing a chapel and attacking them, but yeah, you could probably outplay my style and tactics and beat me hands down, or any tribe bearing the Kings name that is privy to the strategies I test out, so don't worry about it.

DeletedUser

Another reason why people're probably taking those inactive player villages is because (unless I'm mistaken) the system that forces them to turn into barbarians is broken, so it's best to cap them and make them grow yourself, whilst the barbarians grow on their own.

DeletedUser1914

Because Mr i want to offend my neighbour tribes and get killed you have to make conscession if you want your tribe to survive untill your ready to war people.

DeletedUser1594

i mean there is a gray line when it comes to barb taking, taking barbs just for the hell of it, is not something any reputable tribe would condone. you want to enter an enemy province then you go for a barb, but they are right eat enough barbs and you are killing farms for everyone

DeletedUser

Qustion and i am sorry to get off topic but can someone explain to me what a fortress is and what it dose sorry its my first time on TW2 i have asked in my tribe i was told it was a end of world thing

DeletedUser486

Qustion and i am sorry to get off topic but can someone explain to me what a fortress is and what it dose sorry its my first time on TW2 i have asked in my tribe i was told it was a end of world thing
I'm sorry Gothic, I shouldn't' have used the term Fortress in my post here. When I did, I mean that I had shut down a province into an impenetrable beast.

In terms of end game phase it is, I am guessing, an upgrade to the Headquarters, and is intended to have 10 levels. Very very expensive, and when one is built EVERYONE knows it to target it. The first player to reach level 10 Fortress in a Kingdom will be crowned King of that Kingdom as part of the End game phase for that Kingdom.

DeletedUser2183

@GGGRRRR Dude if you don't get why Barb nobling is a bad idea, that only means that you are not utilizing the Barbs to their full potential. You can get up to 200K resources out of a nice Barb everyday with a little bit of effort, if you would deny yourself that kind of farm, I can only consider you uncompetitive.

DeletedUser2384

in late game barbs have their own advantages, if you online enough to farm then you can get ~1-2m res a day, I still prefer taking the 51~1xx vills and grow them, no problem. Just upgrade HQ to reduce the upgrading time and nothing to worry about.

3k point barb > 3k point vills

DeletedUser2185

@GGGRRRR
Let me put it this way to you since I lead TBK and I made the rules about barbs:

1. Barbarians are only used to gain foothold in enemy territory. Why? Because nobling someone with church while you don't have one in that province will take too many nukes and it will waste both troops and resources we need somewhere else.
  2. Barbarians are a source of income that you cannot dispose of and ignore. I would rather only have 5 villages in a province with nothing but barbs as i can rebuild my nukes faster than owning the whole province, and waiting for resources to populate my warehouse.
  3. Allows for easy expansion in end-game when you need more villages and fire-power
  4. Being fair to allies and not hogging everything
And to answer your points early about "How fast can someone get a 51 point village in fighting formation?"
----------Well when you are 20K+ points and have 10+ villages it only takes a few days with sending resources there to get it to 2K+, so yes you wont keep up in points with someone taking 2 and 3K points barbs, but in the long run, you will be ahead.

All of these is why TBK members get 100 and 500 points villages instead of nobling 2K+ barb villages. It makes sense when you think about it.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2647

Yatogami-san.
How to build a fortress? I mean: How can see the orders building forts in the headquarters building?

DeletedUser486

Fortress has not yet been implemented.

When I used the term here, it was in error. What I meant was; by nobling all of the villages in a province you effectively shut down almost all incursions into your province as there is nowhere left for your enemy to sneak a church in. You can effectively turn a province into a Phalanx with nukes towards the edge and defence placed behind to protect them. Making it very difficult for anyone to get in without serious coordination.