• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

defence mechanism or a bug?

DeletedUser

Today, in Alnwick, I took a barb vil, and found it had three incomings from three different peeps/tribes, I had def troops in there which killed off the first attack, which was nice, but each of the other two attacks just vanished at the time they were meant to hit. All this happened within a 30 min spacing. Either it is a bug or further attacks can not take place within a certain time period after the first. Which is it to be?

Secondly, in a same vein, yesterday and the day before, in Bastille, I was defending my vil from a proper noob and his noble. What happened here was that his noble hit me, then a few mins later it showed another incoming from him, with the same travel time as his first noble, and again, as the attack was due to hit, it just vanished. I have just realised that could have been a bug whereby it is showing me his noble returning home time but showing it as an incoming.

Andi

DeletedUser486

As for the first question, if you didn't refresh your page it could be the players canceled their farming runs when they saw you take the village and your incoming page didn't register.
I've had similar glitches with incoming appearing and disappearing randomly.

DeletedUser

one of the attackers that vanished had travelled between two and four hours, and there was only 20 min or so before they hit, my understanding is that you can only cancel a plunder within five or ten mins depending upon the level of your rally point, so quite unlikely they cancelled.

DeletedUser486

That is strange...did you have your browser open the entire time? I find the longer I go without refreshing the less info gets updated regularly.

DeletedUser

Could it be they used a ranger and they would have lost, thus the attack didn't happen?

DeletedUser

My browser is always open from waking up to going to bed, and i switch between worlds at regular intervals. I find switching worlds does update the data a lot more often than if i stay in the same world.
Once again I was expecting an incoming in the early hours of this morning in Alnwick, and once again it just vanished.

@spamup, which unit do you class as a ranger, as i do not see any rangers in the game?

DeletedUser486

andiy13;n6008 said:
@spamup, which unit do you class as a ranger, as i do not see any rangers in the game?

Rangers are an officer card used to augment an attacking army with an ability. The ranger will turn your army around without engaging in the battle if they would be totally defeated.

I find that incoming commands replicate themselves, as if it shows the return time as a glitch on the attacked player after the real attack lands. Are you maybe being attacked and then seeing a second attack that disappears?

DeletedUser

ooops, I'm bad, the attack in #6 did take place and i have a report for it, but that does not explain the two missing attacks from #1, they would not be a ranger, why would you use a ranger when attacking a barb, if you assume they used a ranger, you must take the assumption they send a ranger with every barb attack, and that sounds a bit of an odd thing to do, and expensive, by two different players?

DeletedUser486

It might be a bug replicating the return troops as an incoming command that you saw after they attacked the village and you noble it.
I conquered a village yesterday and saw incoming from myself and a tribemate.

DeletedUser

It seems likely that it is the bug you mention, very annoying little bug ;)

DeletedUser486

Yeah, makes it difficult to discern what is real until it is fixed.