• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

COVID-19 & What it means for Tribalwars.

• Thread starter DeletedUser4853
  • Start date

DeletedUser4853

In an attempt at spreading some normality on this subforum, I'd like to give it up for those of us sitting at home sending virtual nukes here and saving the world outside.

My best guess is that lockdown will introduce an influx of old school players, plenty of .netters have hit me up but TW2 is where its at.
If you are considering returning to kick some tail & can split trains shoot me a message.

Stay safe all & wash those hands.

DeletedUser2616

from what i saw, it wasn't through a lack of time/activity that made older players quit. it's the lack of the promised endgame and frustrating mechanics. look at the EN 2 threads to see why

so i'm not really holding out hope of seeing old faces. there's a few i'd love to see make a comeback but unfortunately it's just what happens when devs barely care about a game.

DeletedUser4689

Servers are worse than ever rampant cheating (pushing/scripting) and new worlds every other week to push more gwen wheels for shekels.

Analysis: game probably stays dead

DeletedUser2616

I looked over tw2tools when it was up a while back and found a few moments where the players per world took a fat shit.

after en15 (when everyone found you could just merge top 3 tribes to make a super tribe and go for a quick win)
after en18 (lost some of the old mods)
after en23 (dunno what happened here)

most worlds prior to en15 had 50K+ players on the worlds, then it went down to something like 30K after that.

DeletedUser4853

from what i saw, it wasn't through a lack of time/activity that made older players quit. it's the lack of the promised endgame and frustrating mechanics. look at the EN 2 threads to see why

so i'm not really holding out hope of seeing old faces. there's a few i'd love to see make a comeback but unfortunately it's just what happens when devs barely care about a game.

Guts, I recognise your name from either Orava, Poenari or Quinburk so you've kicked tyres here long enough to know that theres not enough active devs working on TW (.net or TW2 for that matter) to produce 'endgame' content. It was around 40 they announced strongholds or whatever that mechanic was, 2y later its still not been rolled out across the board? The game is a cash cow for inno, but they have the formula - Now its about what stories the players write, Inno hasnt been invested in this game for well over a decade.

Servers are worse than ever rampant cheating (pushing/scripting) and new worlds every other week to push more gwen wheels for shekels.

Analysis: game probably stays dead

Been hearing this echo throughout skype & discord, its a shame really.

DeletedUser2616

Guts, I recognise your name from either Orava, Poenari or Quinburk so you've kicked tyres here long enough to know that theres not enough active devs working on TW (.net or TW2 for that matter) to produce 'endgame' content. It was around 40 they announced strongholds or whatever that mechanic was, 2y later its still not been rolled out across the board? The game is a cash cow for inno, but they have the formula - Now its about what stories the players write, Inno hasnt been invested in this game for well over a decade.

probably quinburk, i don't recall playing either of the others. i was on munkholmen too.

DeletedUser3087

from what I saw, it wasn't through a lack of time/activity that made older players quit. it's the lack of the promised endgame and frustrating mechanics. look at the EN 2 threads to see why

so I'm not really holding out hope of seeing old faces. there's a few I'd love to see make a comeback but unfortunately, it's just what happens when devs barely care about a game.
There was a lot more proof of how hard some people tried to graft and get this game to a decent level for all, ideas and suggestion made, mods going thru them, sending it on, giving some kind of feedback...not that it was great but it was something... but all the proof in the forum got deleted...I mean there where guides made, the whole player projects section got deleted... No Mods here apart from announcements...

Perhaps some people will return now, but you certainly won't find me playing again

DeletedUser4853

Perhaps some people will return now, but you certainly won't find me playing again
It's okay to take a break sometimes, infact - I'd highly recommend it, we'll see you here in a few months/years when Inno's cash cow is X amount fatter.

Just been looking for some old names to hit up, as far back as 08/09 on Skype :eek: .. Scrolled through externals and they were absolutely buzzin, the state of these is a joke tbh.
If you are considering returning to kick some tail & can split trains shoot me a message.
(Should be read as; anyone that has the outlook of taking TW53 seriously, rather than just wasting time on here DM me and we'll chat on discord, its looking bleak on all fronts, outside & ingame - Lets jump on it quickly and make the best out of a bad situation before Gwenny hits this week.)

Stay safe all & wash those hands.

The server has been alive for 11 days and already there are tribes with solid leadership, falling apart.. Apparently MRTs are still a thing? o_O

It's okay to take a break sometimes, infact - I'd highly recommend it, we'll see you here in a few months/years when Inno's cash cow is X amount fatter.

Just been looking for some old names to hit up, as far back as 08/09 on Skype :eek: .. Scrolled through externals and they were absolutely buzzin, the state of these is a joke tbh.

The server has been alive for 11 days and already there are tribes with solid leadership, falling apart.. Apparently MRTs are still a thing? o_O
Yeah, that's why i never take in a lot of players early on. I still loose, but it takes longer and i loose because i'm a noob.

DeletedUser3087

Mate It is true this game is highly addictive to some...but it has lost its appeal... the last 3/4 years of playing I was only playing to chat with the friend I made through this game... didn't care about the game one single bit...

DeletedUser2616

Mate It is true this game is highly addictive to some...but it has lost its appeal... the last 3/4 years of playing I was only playing to chat with the friend I made through this game... didn't care about the game one single bit...

yeah i was roped back in by people i consider friends. if it wasn't for them i'd still be gone. i fucking hate the game but it's at least passably fun alongside them lol

DeletedUser3087

yeah i was roped back in by people i consider friends. if it wasn't for them i'd still be gone. i fucking hate the game but it's at least passably fun alongside them lol
Indeed mate, indeed