• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Co-op Rules for Yburg

DeletedUser1914

As the TW2 community have come to notice the co-op rules are different dependent on who is the head moderator for that worlds in game support requests.
I am asking to have a list of rules given to us players of Yburg so that nobody can accuse us of using co-op to push accounts.
Do not give us the bare minimum of what we already know.That means no explaining that its keeping an account alive. i want a clear cut
Can i use their troops to attack if their not avaliable to be on at a certain time for tribe operations
Can I use their troops to support a tribe member in need if their closer and reach in time
Can I farm on their account
Can I keep their ques full when their asleep/not on

The rules so far have been extremely vague and i think many players will agree its about time we get a set definition.

AND if we cant do any of the above GIVE US A REASON. if the co-op in question is active i see no reason how it would be illegal.If they're active your using the co-op feature as it is intended.TO CO PLAY an account! what use is the feature if we cant utilize it to its fullest.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser

Starting out with accusations and being kind of insulting along with threatening isn't going to get ANYONE wanting to help, especially people who are volunteering. 1. This isn't the area of the forum this issue should be discussed. 2. There is already a thread existing to discuss the co-op pushing etc issues and 3. You're intentionally trolling the mods and such?

DeletedUser1914

Starting out with accusations and being kind of insulting along with threatening isn't going to get ANYONE wanting to help, especially people who are volunteering. 1. This isn't the area of the forum this issue should be discussed. 2. There is already a thread existing to discuss the co-op pushing etc issues and 3. You're intentionally trolling the mods and such?
Your obviously rather new to this game.
Said accusation HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.they have deleted threads before i've had it done to one of my own and other forum members have also had it done.
This is a joint area question.Since it is a world related topic it gets put in the world sub-section.This is not for the entire game this is for the rules of this world.AS WE AS A COMMUNITY HAVE SEEN CHANGE ON A WHIM OR TECHNICALITY.
2. this is not a discussion thread about pushing it is a we want clear rules on what is allowed and what is not.The discussion can be done in another thread all I and other players want are set rules for the moment.
I'm not trolling the mods.This is a legitimate question.If your speaking regarding my recent posts in other threads...this does not relate this is for everyone so we dont get banned for technicalities and rules we are un-aware of.

If you disagree with the rules changing per mod/world go ask a former moderator for their opinion.

DeletedUser3390

I will see if I can get a game-moderator to answer this question regarding co-op and pushing.
As asphyxia has said this is a volunteer position and we do our best to answer your questions as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

No, i'm NOT new to THIS game or any other battle style ones like it. I said that because presenting an issue by being accusatory and negative is less likely to accomplish your goal than being civilized and non-hostile is. It's like if someone comes to your desk to get you to do a task for them. Do you want them coming over and being all hostile and insulting in asking, or would you prefer they use some tact and be polite about it?

If you feel there is an issue regarding a clear cut and impartial assessment of co-op play or whatever among the individual moderators, you would have better luck addressing it directly to Coolnite or whoever oversees that privately in PM. Be *polite* about it, state that you want to ensure fair treatment for all and as such are asking for more clear cut definitions and actions regarding the rules. Nicely ask for him to have all moderators toss in their input and all agree and sign off on the those rules. Then everyone is on the same page, you've kept the issue from becoming a forum drama and it's a win-win for everyone. :D

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser1914

No, i'm NOT new to THIS game or any other battle style ones like it. I said that because presenting an issue by being accusatory and negative is less likely to accomplish your goal than being civilized and non-hostile is. It's like if someone comes to your desk to get you to do a task for them. Do you want them coming over and being all hostile and insulting in asking, or would you prefer they use some tact and be polite about it?
I was not being hostile.I was ensuring it was read and answered.In some cases such as this you need to put your foot down.If it gets peoples attention it gets the moderators attention.Regardless it served its purpose and is now being removed.

DeletedUser3390

I was not being hostile.I was ensuring it was read and answered.In some cases such as this you need to put your foot down.If it gets peoples attention it gets the moderators attention.Regardless it served its purpose and is now being removed.
I removed the part of the message(As rhaegar2 wasn't able to edit his message anymore because it was to old to be edited)
Now please remain on topic regarding co-op rules for yburg. :)
I hope to have an answer(or have someone answer) about this topic quickly but it might take some time as I know these are some difficult rules to try and explain. So please be patient.

DeletedUser4406

Looks hostile too me....

Co-op is easy to explain in tw1.

A) no multi/vpn
B) need to tell mods if family play on same connection.
C) no attacking if a player has quit or not given permission
D) use logic? Kinda simple you dont use another acc to become stronger your purpose is to help your fellow player. Not for self gain.

DeletedUser1914

Looks hostile too me....

Co-op is easy to explain in tw1.

A) no multi/vpn
B) need to tell mods if family play on same connection.
C) no attacking if a player has quit or not given permission
D) use logic? Kinda simple you dont use another acc to become stronger your purpose is to help your fellow player. Not for self gain.
We try but over here they like to pick and choose whats allowed because its so much more flexible than tw1 co-op
Anyhow now we wait.

DeletedUser4406

they like to pick? explain this please.

are you saying the mods have the power to pick which rule they want to follow? and adapt? good bye policies...

Stupid MEN.....

oh well event at hamburg next month perhaps a visit is in order..

DeletedUser1914

they like to pick? explain this please.

are you saying the mods have the power to pick which rule they want to follow? and adapt? good bye policies...

Stupid people....
Ill message you in inbox so this thread doesnt turn into a massive argument/debate

DeletedUser3903

To answer rhaegar2's question -

Co-op was set up as short term assistance for a player that can not be available at certain times.... IE. work, school, weekend away, vacation.... the co-op can fill in to check on the account and do most things on an account that the account owner would do themselves if available.

The key to co-op is that the account owner must be actively playing their own account. By this I mean, if the account owner is not using their account any more and the co-op is running the show - IE. using the other account to support their own villages, conquering the villages for them self, that is pushing (like running a second account as your own) and that is against the TW2 rules).

Specifically to the questions asked:

Can I use their troops to attack if their not available to be on at a certain time for tribe operations - Yes as long as the account is active
Can I use their troops to support a tribe member in need if their closer and reach in time - Yes as long as the account is active
Can I farm on their account - yes as long as the account is active
Can I keep their ques full when their asleep/not on - yes, as long as the account is active

*** Note account owners should talk with their co-ops as to what they would or would not like done on their account. Who you set as a co-op is YOU giving permission for another player to be on your account. Anything they do on your account even if is is not to your liking,is on you as you chose the co-op. You will notice we have this mentioned in the rules as we as in game on the co-op page. Co-ops can be removed by the account owner at any time.

Well, Ghost Girl... define what you mean by ACTIVE? ACTIVE = the account owner is logging on to their own account and actively playing it as well. We understand vacation etc... however co-op is not meant for long term use of with the account owner being gone for long periods of time...

A co-op is never to conquer the villages of an inactive that they co-op. They are never to use the inactives troops to support their own villages.

No mod means to be vague or inconsistent on how this is handled. There are factors that occasionally come in to play where perhaps from the outside looking in you may think that we did not follow up on something to your liking, or to your understanding. Know that we have rules that we abide by as well and there are steps we take when reviewing accounts. If we don't take action on something, it is because what you think is happening, may not be what is happening.

Currently, the co-op rules are not written out as most of feel that they should be. It is to my understanding that this is being worked on. As Game and Forum mods, this is not our call to write up the rules.

I do not mind answering questions, I do mind being told that we pick the rules we wish to follow. That is not true. If anyone has a question, I am available to answer by PM or in the forum here. Attacks on any mod or derogatory responses will be removed.

DeletedUser3087

Just to add to Ghost Girls post with regarding to Vacation... If you accept to help out as a co-op on an account where the person is going away on vacation or needs to take a personal week. Clearly stipulate the time that they will be away, hence give dates, if you notice that the player hasn't returned before the stipulated date , then any further growing of the account would then be regarded as pushing. ( I would give a grace period of one week as you never know what might have happened to the person)

DeletedUser3903

Good addition JD619, yes. Communication with your co-op is important. If you as the account owner are going to be gone it is important to communicate that. It is helpful to the co-op.

DeletedUser3242

So what happens in the cases where coop sent you support before going inactive and you do not notice them? You're now suddenly breaking the rules..

DeletedUser3242

Alo, does this unannounced coop rule change apply only to Yburg or to all servers? I am pretty sure a mod posted an earlier clarification where nobling the coopee-s villages was OK, as long as it was done "fairly", whatever this means, I consider it to be fair, when I get all the villages.

nugarin the sane

DeletedUser4323

You know if your coop sends you support - you get report. So not really an excuse. If your coop goes inactive, send the troops back.

You can only noble a coop so long as A) You do NOT move troops out of the village beforehand and B) you leave the coop before you begin nobling them. (This is my own understanding - if I'm wrong I'm sure Ghost Girl will clarify).

DeletedUser3242

You know if your coop sends you support - you get report. So not really an excuse. If your coop goes inactive, send the troops back.

You can only noble a coop so long as A) You do NOT move troops out of the village beforehand and B) you leave the coop before you begin nobling them. (This is my own understanding - if I'm wrong I'm sure Ghost Girl will clarify).

So how is one supposed to remember all the support sent weeks or even months ago? Also most players have reports for support turned off. It's also not realistic to ask people to keep these reports - you have some indexing problems in the database and one must delete all reports from time to time, else game becomes unplayable.