• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Co-op Rules for Yburg

DeletedUser4323

Check your silver shield for each village.
NO excuses. You accepted responsibility when you accepted the coop.

DeletedUser2847

Check your silver shield for each village.
NO excuses. You accepted responsibility when you accepted the coop.
Maybe its time for Innogames to do something about the coop issue. Players have been asking about some changes in this feature last 6-12 months. We have been told that they will introduce some restrictions but not a finger have touched a keyboard from the devs to do something about it. Maybe time to fix it instead of having this comedy about coop abuse going on forever

DeletedUser3505

You know if your coop sends you support - you get report. So not really an excuse. If your coop goes inactive, send the troops back.

You can only noble a coop so long as A) You do NOT move troops out of the village beforehand and B) you leave the coop before you begin nobling them. (This is my own understanding - if I'm wrong I'm sure Ghost Girl will clarify).
My understanding was that as long as you spread nobling the villages out over several tribemates, you can send troops away and do whatever you want. As long as it's not the same person nobling all of them.

DeletedUser2847

The rules in this coop comedy changes every time we get a new CM/Mod so its impossible to know what rules we need to follow

DeletedUser3903

I have explained to you what Co-op is previously on this thread I am uncertain why we need to keep rehashing it.

DeletedUser2847

You should might take it into consideration that players have read other threads telling Them something very different from Whats told in this thread. But its maybe allowed to empty the villas before internaling as Long as You share it between several players on other realms? Everything about coop rules is a Comedy because its being changed all the time. And its also a fact that support have done a very poor job in explaining how they up hold coop rules after changes in rules. You are welcome to give me one example of a thread beside the yborg thread about coop abuse. You Will not find another thread with similar rules. Coop rules is different in threads about coop abuse and in threads about other worlds. So i guess we can use other rules on other worlds? You can not expect a player on valkenburg to read the thread about yborg. Its also a joke that we was told 6-7 months ago that it would be implemented some restrictions on coop accounts to make it harder to abuse coop accounts. Nothing have happend. If you abuse coop accounts and nobody send a ticket about it, you Will most Likly get away with it. Support team does not have an alarm starting when an coop account is being abused. They need an ticket about it. I prefer to spend my time on playing this game, not Writing tickets all the time

DeletedUser3903

I have stuck with what I have said Carrot, and have not changed what I have said since I have been a mod here. (6 months in case you are wondering) Yes, I understand that unfortunately in the past there has not been the clearest in definition on this. I try to be as clear as possible without saying anything that will be turned into a thread post that is used against the Mods here now or the ones in the future.

As far I know, I am the only one that has spoke up on in detail on Co-ops in recent months. That is because I am trying to make this clear for all of you. I don't want to see anyone in trouble for co-op abuse. Is this something that could use clearer definition? Yes. It is not however my place to be the one to do this.

I understand what you are saying and anyone that has sent in a ticket asking questions about co-op I have been as clear as I can be on their specific questions. I also thank them for asking as that is better than just doing whatever they feel is correct and potentially finding out it is not. No matter what I say here (or any mod really) it will be taken the way players wish to take it - or they will find some previous mods thread that states otherwise... I can not change that.

As an in Game Senior Moderator who answers many of the tickets, I would suggest that if you have specific questions regarding co-op, I am open to your asking. I would think that what I have to say about this would hold more value than a past moderators comments - although I would believe that at the time of these old posts being written, that may have been the way that the rules were handled by that team and I mean them no disrespect.

In all game guidelines, there are circumstances that make it hard to set solid rules that will not be taken wrong or as to meaning something else.
Bottom line on co-op as I have stated previously -

Anyone you co-op needs to be actively playing their own account (running an inactive account as thought it were your own is against the rules - PUSHING)
Using an inactive players troops, villages, etc.. to further your own game in against the rules - PUSHING
Key word here : ACTIVE
It is your responsibility as a co-op of another player to be sure that player is actively playing and that you are not running that account. If that player is no longer talking, or you are seeing no activity on the account besides what you are doing.. check in with that player to be sure they are active.

If you follow these basic guidelines above, you will not be in breach of the rules. Anything you are doing with an inactive account as a co-op is where you run into potential rule breaking. My advice is as always, do not put yourself at that risk.

These guidelines on co-op are not just for Yburg - this is for the server.

DeletedUser1594

Just for the record, I can create a bunch of scenarios that would potentially skirt the rules set forth by you. I think the problem with the rules is you have left too many gray areas. The term active is arbitrary, as you have not set forth exact conditions. For instance, if I have a coop and the player disappears unannounced, at what point does this person become no longer active. If a player logs in just for the sake of logging in are they active if they don't do anything besides just logging in, what if they send 1 farm trip out per day? I know this is knit picking but there are many scenarios, that aren't covered. I think you have laid some good groundwork, but I think you are missing specifics and this causes the confusion.

DeletedUser3505

Using an inactive players troops, villages, etc.. to further your own game in against the rules - PUSHING
But if the player is active it's okey?
Not long ago we were told that any contact between your own account and the account you were cooping was against the rules, so no supporting each other, no attacking same targets etc (which imo is stupid, coops are supposed to be helping each other).

DeletedUser2847

I have stuck with what I have said Carrot, and have not changed what I have said since I have been a mod here. (6 months in case you are wondering) Yes, I understand that unfortunately in the past there has not been the clearest in definition on this. I try to be as clear as possible without saying anything that will be turned into a thread post that is used against the Mods here now or the ones in the future.

As far I know, I am the only one that has spoke up on in detail on Co-ops in recent months. That is because I am trying to make this clear for all of you. I don't want to see anyone in trouble for co-op abuse. Is this something that could use clearer definition? Yes. It is not however my place to be the one to do this.

I understand what you are saying and anyone that has sent in a ticket asking questions about co-op I have been as clear as I can be on their specific questions. I also thank them for asking as that is better than just doing whatever they feel is correct and potentially finding out it is not. No matter what I say here (or any mod really) it will be taken the way players wish to take it - or they will find some previous mods thread that states otherwise... I can not change that.

As an in Game Senior Moderator who answers many of the tickets, I would suggest that if you have specific questions regarding co-op, I am open to your asking. I would think that what I have to say about this would hold more value than a past moderators comments - although I would believe that at the time of these old posts being written, that may have been the way that the rules were handled by that team and I mean them no disrespect.

In all game guidelines, there are circumstances that make it hard to set solid rules that will not be taken wrong or as to meaning something else.
Bottom line on co-op as I have stated previously -

Anyone you co-op needs to be actively playing their own account (running an inactive account as thought it were your own is against the rules - PUSHING)
Key word here : ACTIVE
It is your responsibility as a co-op of another player to be sure that player is actively playing and that you are not running that account. If that player is no longer talking, or you are seeing no activity on the account besides what you are doing.. check in with that player to be sure they are active.

If you follow these basic guidelines above, you will not be in breach of the rules. Anything you are doing with an inactive account as a co-op is where you run into potential rule breaking. My advice is as always, do not put yourself at that risk.

These guidelines on co-op are not just for Yburg - this is for the server.
You dont want to put this information in an own thread at forum because you dont want to have a threads where players can go against mod team. How do you expect players to play buy the rules when you dont inform about the rules in threads it belong? The mod team we have today is criticised all the time because the rules are not well informed and rules are being changed all the time. Do you belive this is better? I actually dont care what coop rules you introduce as long as all players know about this rules. You can not expect players looking for coop rules to check a Yborg thread. They check the thread about coop rules. I dont care if it is your job, CM job or Innogames job to inform about coop rules or other rules i just want it to be well informed. It is a mods job to serve the comunity, its also a CM job to serve the comunity. The comunity is telling you that information about rules is crap. WHY ISNT SOME OF YOU DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT? I DONT CARE WHOS DOING IT, JUST GET IT DONE. Mods/CM is actually not doing what they are supposed to do when they dont care about comunitys wishes.

DeletedUser3903

Actually I am going to put this in its own thread Carrot - I just honestly have not had time as of yet. I heard what you were saying yesterday about it being in this thread and I will be starting a co-op thread as soon as I have some time to do so.

DeletedUser4323

I know Ghost Girl's going to create a thread for this issue, but I wanted to address this one point:

Just for the record, I can create a bunch of scenarios that would potentially skirt the rules set forth by you. I think the problem with the rules is you have left too many gray areas. The term active is arbitrary, as you have not set forth exact conditions. For instance, if I have a coop and the player disappears unannounced, at what point does this person become no longer active. If a player logs in just for the sake of logging in are they active if they don't do anything besides just logging in, what if they send 1 farm trip out per day? I know this is knit picking but there are many scenarios, that aren't covered. I think you have laid some good groundwork, but I think you are missing specifics and this causes the confusion.

Yes, you can "create a bunch of scenarios that would potentially skirt the rules". In the instance you present, communication is key.
1. Keep an eye on your coop's activity daily to make sure you're not the only one running the account.
2. Stay in contact every 3-4 days with your coops. If a week goes by and there's no communication then go to the next step.
3. Check to see if your coop has gone from green to yellow. If you're not a tribe leader, ask one to check for you.
4. If they are still green, I would suggest that you send them one final message demanding a response within 24 to 48 hours. If they don't give one, then end the coop. Better to do that than risk being found guilty of pushing.
5. If they are yellow, do the same as in the previous step, but give less time. I would suggest no more than 24 hours. If they don't give one, end the coop.
6. If they are red, I would suggest you end the coop.

NOTE: If a player is logging in just for the sake of logging in, that's not being active.Any tribe leader will tell you that so it's no surprise a mod is saying it.

In the end, you just need to use your best judgement, and we trust that you can and will do that. When in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a moderator. We are always happy to look into things and/or provide advice/guidance.

DeletedUser1594

I know Ghost Girl's going to create a thread for this issue, but I wanted to address this one point:

Yes, you can "create a bunch of scenarios that would potentially skirt the rules". In the instance you present, communication is key.
1. Keep an eye on your coop's activity daily to make sure you're not the only one running the account.
2. Stay in contact every 3-4 days with your coops. If a week goes by and there's no communication then go to the next step.
3. Check to see if your coop has gone from green to yellow. If you're not a tribe leader, ask one to check for you.
4. If they are still green, I would suggest that you send them one final message demanding a response within 24 to 48 hours. If they don't give one, then end the coop. Better to do that than risk being found guilty of pushing.
5. If they are yellow, do the same as in the previous step, but give less time. I would suggest no more than 24 hours. If they don't give one, end the coop.

NOTE: If a player is logging in just for the sake of logging in, that's not being active.Any tribe leader will tell you that so it's no surprise a mod is saying it.

In the end, you just need to use your best judgement, and we trust that you can and will do that. When in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a moderator. We are always happy to look into things and/or provide advice/guidance.

Once again, the issue that arises is you are putting interpretation of rules in the players hands, along with the fact that a vast majority of the community does not check these forums to begin with. Rules regarding co-op should be defined in full by the moderators, to avoid the gray areas. Unfortunately proper coop checks and balances should be hard coded in the game, but as it appears they have given up on updates, especially meaningful ones, I don't know why we all expect things to be done for this game

DeletedUser4323

Yes, we are leaving some of the interpretation up to you. However, that should not be a problem (in my opinion) because you guys are fully capable of using common sense and good judgement. We also expect you to play fair. When in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a game mod. I mean, seriously - how hard is it to ask yourself, "If I do this, am I benefiting from this action while my coop appears to be inactive?" If the answer is yes then the course of action seems obvious, does it not? Don't do the action. Ask questions to determine if the account holder is active or not. And again - when in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a game mod.

DeletedUser3505

You can't expect people to play fair. People are assholes, the people playing this game are no exception.

DeletedUser3727

Just gonna reply to this section (ref my reply also in the improvement section).
Coop login keeps them green, so you have to stop logging in to coop for first 2-3 days and/or a week for them to go yellow/red.
Just fix that so they go yellow/red when it's coop only and tribe leaders can easily see which accounts are "artificially" kept alive. This will then also put pressure on the tribe leaders to "accept" or even "approve" cheating/pushing with inactive accounts.

DeletedUser2847

Yes, we are leaving some of the interpretation up to you. However, that should not be a problem (in my opinion) because you guys are fully capable of using common sense and good judgement. We also expect you to play fair. When in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a game mod. I mean, seriously - how hard is it to ask yourself, "If I do this, am I benefiting from this action while my coop appears to be inactive?" If the answer is yes then the course of action seems obvious, does it not? Don't do the action. Ask questions to determine if the account holder is active or not. And again - when in doubt, put in a ticket and ask a game mod.
LOL.Are you experienced in this game. I doubt it. I have played 10-15 realms at this server and other servers. So i have played together with and against alots of players. Its massive cheating in this game. people cheat as soon as they have the opportunity to do it. Support is maybe discovering 10% of the cheating. Your mod tools is crap so you cant prove the cheating.

DeletedUser1594

I really hope this answer is you going rogue and embarrassing yourself and not something sanctioned by inno. If this is inno's official logic than this game is in way worse shape than any of us could imagine.