• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Co-op - new rules?

DeletedUser1675

Hi!
I just skimmed the rules again and saw there are none yet aimed toward co-op play. Are 3 players allowed to co-op each others and hit the same villages and such (effectively one player on three accounts) or will there be rules against this kind of thing (as in tw1 i believe) that we have not yet seen?

DeletedUser486

Coop will implement its own limitations (which I do not yet know) but essentially you will log into your tribemate's account using additional world options from your log in screen.

So for coop, each person will need their own account, and each account will need to be in the tribe.

DeletedUser2504

What's taking so long? I was searching and notice posts from a year ago saying "when it's implemented bla bla bla". Does it take a year to implement such a simple feature? In the meantime, everyone is probably illegally sharing their account info with others so that they can go on a damn vacation.

DeletedUser1427

The feature is just being implemented on the beta worlds with 1.20, so maybe we'll get it for 1.21

DeletedUser1237

This feature will be a bad thing, we will have no inactive players. When a player decides to quit they can just give the account to a co-op player and that account will contine. Unless there is a limit on the amount of time a player can leave his account to co-op, this will ruin the game.

DeletedUser1675

are we allowed to IA cities from a player in the tribe we have co-op with?

DeletedUser

This feature will be a bad thing, we will have no inactive players. When a player decides to quit they can just give the account to a co-op player and that account will contine. Unless there is a limit on the amount of time a player can leave his account to co-op, this will ruin the game.

On the contrary it will allow accounts to stay active and can fight back ;) which will stop people being bored and will encourage more activity.

DeletedUser2504

The feature is just being implemented on the beta worlds with 1.20, so maybe we'll get it for 1.21

How long do you guess that is going to take? And in the meantime, is it illegal to have someone run your account while you're away? The whole thing seems a bit silly.

DeletedUser486

How long do you guess that is going to take? And in the meantime, is it illegal to have someone run your account while you're away? The whole thing seems a bit silly.
If testing runs smoothly we should have it pretty soon (1.21?)

We realise players need to take a break, and won't out right penalise someone for making use of an account sitter, however:
-It is still against the rules for a very good reason, we cannot condone you for handing out your password to grant another player access to your account. For the sake of a lacking coop feature alone will we not punish you for needing a break and leaving a trusted player to log in to maintain your account.
-The rules still stand and will be applied, any abuse of the rules and you will be held accountable as the owner of the account.
--You may still only have one player on the account, this means ONE person gets to log in, not even you may check for the period you are gone.
-When coop comes in, account sitting in this way is not to be used and WILL be punished.
-Change your password upon your return, even knowing another password is against the rules.
-As a courtesy, notify support of your intended break, this shows faith that the rules will be followed and will ensure you aren't banned by mistake (assuming no other rules are broken).

DeletedUser1945

It doesn't make much difference, tribes internally noble anyway. The only real difference is that there wont be a lull where the existing defense has to be killed off (unless the inactive player sent them away for his tribe) and then rebuilt once villages are taken.

If anything it would make it better in some ways because the game doesn't just halt for 2/3/4 weeks when a 50+ villages player decides to quit and it becomes a huge FFA for villages

DeletedUser

i know like 200 people illegally account sitting each other atm.

gonna be interesting in how many get banned :) :)

all will quit if they lose their accounts. all of them have bought 3-4k+ crowns since they began to play.

DeletedUser

Account sitting is a bit relaxed at the moment due to no co-op feature, however, players constantly multi accounting/account sitting, without changing the password without each sit will result in disciplinary action (I believe).

If you believe players are multi accounting please report these in a support ticket.

DeletedUser

Account sitting is a bit relaxed at the moment due to no co-op feature, however, players constantly multi accounting/account sitting, without changing the password without each sit will result in disciplinary action (I believe).

If you believe players are multi accounting please report these in a support ticket.

multi accounting no but account sitting each other yeah i know many, and i dont report people for something that doesnt exist that should exist at this age.

hell if i had time i would spend a week and make the Co OP for you that is how long it takes for me to write the code for it. i think the back time script in chrome is more complex than the CO OP feature, tbh it all depends how nice you want it to look and what it should do rly, make something like tw1 is easy and dont even take long.

best way would have been to take the basic concept from tw1 and just develop it further into what you want for tw2 and gg done.

DeletedUser

multi accounting no but account sitting each other yeah i know many, and i dont report people for something that doesnt exist that should exist at this age.

hell if i had time i would spend a week and make the Co OP for you that is how long it takes for me to write the code for it. i think the back time script in chrome is more complex than the CO OP feature, tbh it all depends how nice you want it to look and what it should do rly, make something like tw1 is easy and dont even take long.

best way would have been to take the basic concept from tw1 and just develop it further into what you want for tw2 and gg done.

The Co-Op feature is available and being tested in beta worlds, however it is not yet ready for public release.

DeletedUser2084

If I remember correctly in TW1 you could only account sit for 2 weeks (without the other person logging in at all) before you'd also get locked out of the account. Maybe they'll implement the same things, who knows.