Answered Co-Op Guidelines

Discussion in 'FAQ / Questions' started by Ghost Girl, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl
    Staff Member

There have been many ongoing conversations regarding co-op and I am going to try to clear some of this up here. Please use the following as steps to proper use of Co-Ops, share this information with your tribe and anything you feel that was not covered please feel free to PM me or ask the Mod team any time.

As some of you have stated, the rules have not been as clear as you would have liked, or you have found information from different players/ MODS in the past that has contradicted what another player/MOD has said more currently. This is the Co-Op guidelines that the current Mod Team on this server follows.

Co-Op was introduced in game to assist players who needed to be away for short periods of time (IE.work, school, a weekend away, illness, vacation). The co-op option was made available so account owners that had to be away for short periods of time could have someone check in on their account through the co-op link and do most things on an account that the account owner would do for themselves if available (farm, build up troops/buildings, send support, etc...)

Commonly asked questions about Co-Op are:

Can I use the account owners troops to attack if they are not available: Yes, as long as the account owner is active and they are ok with you doing that.

Can I use the account owners troops to send as support to a tribe mate if they are not available: Yes, as long as the account owner is active and they are ok with you doing that.

Can I farm for a co-op? Yes, as long as the account owner is active and they are ok with you doing that.

Can I keep their queues full (build troops, buildings...) if they are asleep or not on: Yes, as long as the account owner is active and they are ok with you doing that.

So what do I mean when I say that the account owner MUST be active? This means that the account owner (the person who originally created the account) is actively playing their own account. We understand that players go on vacation, have things come up, etc... however co-op was never meant for someone to run an account like a second account to their own in the absence of the account owner for long periods of time. When a player is showing inactive at a certain period of time that constitutes as longer than a "vacation" then action can be take as at that point it is pushing. Yes we do need to allow for that time period to be up before the player is considered inactive. If the coop is showing prolonged abuse of an account while Support is monitoring for inactivity (as in taking advantage of the account prior to full inactivity) the punishment may be harsher.

A Co-Op is NEVER to conquer an inactive account owners villages or use the inactive account owners troops for their own support or to advance their own game in any way. This is PUSHING as stated in the game rules. A Co-Op should never conquer someone they coops for villages even if that player is gone for a few days. As the Co-Op has access to that account, that is an advantage and ANY conquering of villages by a Co-Op can be a bannable offense.

So how do you know if the account you co-op is inactive? As a Co-op of an account it is your responsibility to be certain that account owner is actively playing. Saying you did not know they were not playing anymore is not a valid excuse for rule breaking. If the player you co-op for is not communicating in any way in game, if you log on to the account and you are not seeing activity beyond what you are doing, it is highly recommended that you send that player a message asking them if they are still actively playing. If there is no response in 24 hours, you should not have anything to do with logging into that account. At the point that it is just you farming, building, etc on an account or you are logging in frequently to keep things moving... that is like running a second account to your own that is giving YOU an unfair advantage and putting you in risk of being reported by other players who notice this kind of activity and/or by showing up in our reports.

Can I run the account of my coop if they are logging in occasionally? No. Read the Coop Rule (#7 under game rules) If you are running the account of your coop, if they are semi active or not, you are pushing. You are not to use a second account to advance yourself or to advance them. Each account owner needs to run their own account. Logging in frequently to a coops account and doing all/most the work on the account consistently is like running a second account. That is pushing that account and that is bannable.

KNOW THE PUSHING RULE (Rule #7):
    It is forbidden to use one or more accounts that solely exists to advance the progress of another account.

It is forbidden to create trades in any form (resources, attacks, favors etc.) that involve multiple worlds and/or servers.
    Example:

• Transferring resources or troop support frequently to another account or other accounts to solely push their progress instead of your own is forbidden.
    This refers to using a coops account as though it were your own even if that player is occasionally logging in. Account owners MUST be growing their own account, not letting coops fully run their account. Even if an account is active however the account owner is not actively playing the account beyond logging in occasionally and letting the coops do everything - that is PUSHING. The only account you should be fully running is your own.

No Mod means to be vague or inconsistent on how Co-op Abuse/pushing is handled. There are factors that occasionally come into play that from the outside you may think what you are seeing is one thing and when action is not taken you may feel that the Mods did not follow up to your liking or to your understanding.
    Know that we have rules that we abide by as well and there are steps we take when reviewing accounts. If we don't take action on something it is because what you may think is happening, is actually not happening. We do not disclose information regarding other players accounts.

If you follow the basics of what I said here - watch for activity of those you co-op with, never use anything of a co-ops to advance yourself, remember co-op is meant for short term assistance not every day running of another players account and they occasionally log on to remain as "active" - you will stay in compliance.

NOTE: A Co-Op should be someone you trust. There is much emphasis put on this in the game rules, as well as in game on the co-op page. While the co-op can not use your crowns or have access to any of your personal information - they do have access to your troops, your villages, and your messages. If a co-op does something on your account that you do not like, that is on you. Support does not step in on co-op mishaps. Co-op is an optional tool for players to use in game.
    Anyone you set as co-op you should talk with about what you would or would not like them to do on your account. You can cancel a co-op at any time, however know that co-op spot will need 7 days before you can set another co-op to replace that one.

I do hope this is helpful. Co-Op is a wonderful addition to the game when used as it was meant to be.

I do not mind answering questions, I do mind being told that we pick the rules that we wish to follow or that we all have our own take on this. That is not true. If anyone has questions, I can answer here or by PM. Attacks on any Mod or derogatory comments will be removed.

2. Tauri11

Tauri11 Swordsman

What if a player has quit and the tribe wants to dump his nukes and DEFF before internalling?
    *Nuking and DEFFing is done for the tribe not for the account sitter.

3. carrot70

carrot70 Nobleman

not allowed if the owner of account is gone

4. Undiegnome

Undiegnome Swordsman

As this is a thread re Co-op stuff

Why can I not mint coins for an account I co-op on?

5. Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl
    Staff Member

As a coop that is something you can not do Undiegnome. Coop is meant to assist with a few limits, this being one of them. Account owners are the only ones that can mint coins.

Undiegnome likes this.
  6. Undiegnome

Undiegnome Swordsman

Hi Ghost, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I realise I can't. But I don't think I made myself clear ( or maybe my question was poorly worded, as is often the case lol)

Actual event... My Co-op buddy said he had to hop offline due to work schedules, asked could I mint a coin in a coupla hours when res would be available after farming runs got back? No worries I say. Obviously ( after trying ) I can't help.

Now I vaguely recall ( perhaps incorrectly ) on the International servers I used to be able to do so. Wondered if the change was due to pushing concerns or some such was all

Also, as we're on good terms currently, could you ask the Mods or Devs or...whoever... if I ( just me mind) can have a special "speed up the returning troops button" this long range stuff is killing me :D

7. Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl
    Staff Member

You are correct Undiegnome, this was a change made in an update quite some time ago as this should be an account owner only step and if they are playing their own account as they should be - then minting coins for nobles will of course be no problem for them to do. :)

As for the speed up the returning troops button - ha! I could have used a "beam me home" button last night when I drove 5 hours from a conference but I did not get my wish either. lol :p

8. Ghost Girl

Ghost Girl
    Staff Member

Please everyone take time to read the Coop Guidelines and share the information with your tribes. This is here to assist you with your questions regarding Coop and Pushing. Not knowing the rules is no excuse to break them.