• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Church levels and defense

DeletedUser

This thread https://en.forum.tribalwars2.com/in...-the-purpose-of-the-church-above-level-1.226/ seems to indicate that there is NO advantage to upgrading a church for attack or defense except that it is harder to knock down. In other words, once a church is established and eliminates the no-church penalty, there is no more troop boost given for level 2 and 3.

Yet the buildings Wiki says faith is 105% for level 2 and 110% for level 3. Does this not translate into troop stack strength at all?

Many I have talked to in game say it does based on the wiki, but that thread seems to indicate otherwise.

DeletedUser2193

This probably should be moved to FAQ/Questions

That thread seemed like it went all over the place but not answering the question asked. But I just skimmed it i might be wrong.
Yet the buildings Wiki says faith is 105% for level 2 and 110% for level 3. Does this not translate into troop stack strength at all?
Yes.
It is exactly like that. Last time I checked it still was that way.
Lvl 1 church gives you 100% faith fighting in the province and a set amount of hit points (I believe hit points determine how many catapults you need to destroy said building)
lvl 2 church gives 105% faith fighting in the province and adds more hit points to the church
lvl 3 church gives 110% faith fighting in province and add even more hit points.

You ask why why you need measly 5 or 10 % increase at the cost of huge amount of provisions?
Answer is - late game. Sometimes fights last longer in a province or certain villages get a lot of attacks. Sure you wont feel the increase if you attack once, but if you send 40 nukes to a turtled province those 10% count.. Same goes for defense + faith scales with wall so you can get 220% defense with lvl 20 wall and lvl 3 church

TL;DR dont know what was in the thread but church still gives fighting bonus for each level.

DeletedUser2369

The church gives a bonus. We worked out a wee while ago that it takes 6 villages worth of troops fighting in the province for the lvl3 churches bonus in strength to compensate for the lost units from provisions over the lvl1 church.
If you are in a province where there is regular fighting, a level 3 church is crucial. however if there is rarely any fighting there, i leave it at lvl1 so i have more troops to send away to the provinces that do have the fighting.

Also I recall being under attack at one stage before i recognised the importance of higher churches, I had a level 1 church, and the enemy had a lvl3 church. He sent 5 nukes at me, I sent enough support to hold against 6 nukes (estimated from experience of being heavily under attack in the early game), the difference in church levels allowed him to clear me in 3 and a half nukes.
A 10% fighting strength boost does not equate to 10% more enemy dead, as the number killed is based off an exponential ratio between offense and defense strength. 10% more strength can mean much more than that in killing increases, and following nukes have less to fight, meaning even more kills after that.