• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Biggest Battles (Terebovlia)

Luckily I have both. Anyone who thinks of troops, rangers, deceivers, and nobles in terms of what you "lost" has it backwards. You don't get officers to have them sit there in your inventory. They are meant to be used. I'll throw a hundred rangers or deceivers in a single OP if I thought it would benefit the strategy.

This is a game of war. Defense has NEVER won a world since the inception of TW2. That is a position of fear not strength. Only aggressive tribes win. I don't play not to lose. I play to win. And anyone who has played with me over the years knows that I have no hesitation throwing 50-100 nukes and taking down a single village with 1 million troops and 4000 trebs (though Deez and I did it with just 20 nukes). The losses mean nothing. As long as you win the game of attrition, you will mostly likely win in the end (unless diplomacy or inactives screw you).

Also, the winning tribe doesn't always have the best players. It is quite common for great players to be in losing tribes. There are also tribes that have floaters that tally the win but actually did little to earn it. We all know this. So I don't look down on anyone for being on a losing tribe, or give too much credence to those on winning tribes. The bigger question is always, what did you personally do? Were you active? Were you aggressive? Or were you playing Farmville in a safe area and never actually in the heat of the battle. That is actually why, despite our friendly rivalry and banter, I respect Real War and many others in KOV. At least they are playing and making this a world worth investing time into - win or lose.

$$ can help get you off the starting line at the beginning, but it has less and less impact as the tribes grow. Even Gwen is near meaningless later in the game. But it CAN help with tribe perks which is where 99% of my investment usually is. Veteran players know the pace of the game. But with the turnover on these worlds happening so quickly and people playing multiple worlds, it really comes down to motivation. Even veteran players play casually on one world but go hard on another. Then there are those that aren't veterans that freak out when a few fakes come their way. Historically tribe perks give other members confidence. People often need to believe they can win before they invest the time.

It is a common excuse people use when they are losing to say "you pay to play". I didn't invent the game. We've asked Inno for YEARS to create a server with no gwen and no crowns. That would be awesome. But people need to come to terms with reality. This is a business. And there are some people who pay so that others can play for free. This game that we love/hate isn't a not-for-profit. It needs to make money or it goes away. I personally think there are better ways they could have used to monetize it but that is for a different topic.

Ultimately $$ doesn't farm for you. $$ doesn't keep you on this game with 3 hours of sleep per day so you can dodge, snipe, or launch attacks. It only takes you so far. $$ doesn't craft your villages for you in order to maximize provision distribution and acquire resources to convert those resources into troops faster and more effectively than your opponent. $$ doesn't teach you the battle algorithm so you can maximize the combat strength of your troops. I'm not saying that it doesn't help at all, especially with tribe perks, or rush building a lvl 4/5 rally point in the first week, or coining a church when needed (though you could just as easily chapel drop as well).

In the end, we'll just keep bashing away at each other just like every other world. We'll both take some wins and loses in our attacks. We'll have to see whether the rest of our tribes can make the difference. There are some good players in KOV - some of which I've played with and won with in the past. But I do have a lot of confidence in NRU's team as long as people stay active.

Best of luck to everyone. :)

i agree totally
and thanks for saying u are respecting KOV
and same from here
too bad we ended up as enemies but that being said
this world just got more interesting than any other world because it will be a little bit hard to beat me. yeah i know iam not a master of the game but i will defo do some damage before i restart