• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Battle System

DeletedUser

Sure I mean why not
although it is an .exe which means you will need to download it and am sorry to say it will only work on Windows OS

DeletedUser

so technically,
1. you take attackers army and calculate overal strength as a sum of attack strength of all units,
2. you calculate strength distribution(in %) across unit types(lets call them melee, ranged, cavalry),

3. you split defending army equaly into 1-3 groups depending on how many unit types are present in the attackers army using same ratio you calculated in step 2
4. you compare corresponding values - melee strength of attackers army vs strength of defense against melee of the group that is facing this type of attack and so on - simply higher value wins(?)

5. in order to win the battle, you have to win all skirmishes

6. you calculate losses- for each skirmish you apply this: (def-group strength / attackers-overal strength)^(1/2) / (attackers-overal strength / def-group strength)

question: when do you apply modifiers? i would assume that attack/defense modifiers are applied at the level of single units correct? except for medic of course that should be applied to the loss formula right?

question2: what the heck is basic defence? i mean...i know what it is, i was wondering how much is it, is it replaced by the wall or summed together...

question3: does anyone know how bonus from paladin's weapons changes with increasing lvl?

DeletedUser

fyi for those interested my battle simulator should be done within a day or two at the most. Putting finishing touches on it

DeletedUser

Its a little hard to simulate because of some random values but there are some simulators like this one http://tw2calc.com where you can get not bad raport.

DeletedUser

What could you possible be talking about? The only random values are the +15 or -15% luck values and the entire purpose of my creating my own is that I dont want to use others.

DeletedUser486

When creating a sim there is so much to consider.
Wall level, morale, luck, Paladin weapon, grandmaster, church faith, even the order the battle is calculated and how it is calculated.

DeletedUser

I realize that but that still doesnt explain what the hell he was talking about. There are no random values (other than the +15/-15% luck), there is a formula for everything.

DeletedUser

What formula do you people use for losses?

btw, during battles, does paladin still count as cavalry unit?