• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Battle Damage Mechanism

DeletedUser

So I received a battle report from a teammate of mine that looked like this (he was the defender):

QNkMKi8.png

However the numbers look way off. With nearly 2.5k Spears and close to 1k Archers, the LC and MA should have taken significantly more losses. I quickly ran the numbers and got this based off the battle simulator (didn't account for luck, but the luck with on the defender's side):

cNLEvdK.png

Even if the Zerks had their 200% bonus, there's no way that the LC and MA should have taken so few losses. Can someone briefly explain the battle mechanism as to why there would be this much differentiation between the report and the estimated losses?

DeletedUser

It's the shear number of catapults he had. The catapults, if sent in sufficient numbers with a non existing wall, will decimate the defense. Also, the battle simulator isn't calibrated with the catapults so it won't give you the correct simulation.

DeletedUser430

I duplicated the same attack and pretty much the same result. You are using an outside simulator which won't give you the correct battle results. Somewhere in the forum this was already discussed. Here is an attack I did to mirror your friends attack.

uZ7Dnmu.png

DeletedUser

Will there be a simulator developed by the Devs like there was for TW1 any time soon?

DeletedUser430

This question was just asked today as well. The answer we are receiving is that at the moment there are no plans however that doesn't mean down the road. If you ever need a battle simulator feel free and ask and I will be your simulator :rolleyes:

DeletedUser430

Not a problem. I actually enjoy helping whenever I can. Anything you need just ask.

DeletedUser486

Luck always is attributed to the attacker, not the defender. The luck goes towards the attackers troops fighting harder (or luckier?*), I never tried putting morale in to a sim above 100, I didn't think the sim calculated it as such.