• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Barb villages

DeletedUser694

I have realized that some people still think we are playing TW1, and are complaining that people are taking there precious barbs. Personally i have noticed that where the barbs are being left alone to farm they are being taken out by other tribes and players with the sense to actually realize that we are playing a totally different game with different strategies.
I received a message from a friend in-game that his tribe were looking to move into my region and clear out the barbs so i saved them the job, needless to say they moved in next door.
When are people going to realize that barbs, if not taken will jump into others hands and they are certainly better in your number than your enemies.
I know what is going to happen now, we are going to get the people on here moaning about farming rights and resource needs. sorry guys, i haven't farmed since i had 5 villages so barbs were not needed there and were better in my village number than elsewhere.
And it doesn't mean anything at all that people brag they haven't taken a single barb it just means that when it comes to the time and others take the barbs it will be harder to defend the villages they have taken.
The new strategy in my eyes is this, take out the barbs asap, get your resources maximized and you won't need to farm. this will allow you quick growth and the ability to create a small empire all within reach of your defense.

DeletedUser430

Mike62 I didn't want to say the same thing but you are 100% correct. People are assuming they are playing TW1 and that the same strategies apply. TW2 is a much different game. How many people are actually farming with over 10 villages? It would be interesting to see what other peoples strategies are ingame and how they view barbs? Do they allow a fellow tribe member to noble them? What about an outside player that nobles it and starts to build it up (church factor is taken into consideration now).

DeletedUser694

Lets see what type of response we get in here, it should make some interesting reading. Its hilarious watching all these people bragging that they have not taken barbs then when you look on the map you see they have allowed an enemy to move into their region to take all the barbs.

DeletedUser1028

Not playing EN2 but i am playing on EN3, currently i have 18 villages and i have to say that i am still trying my very hardest to farm although it is very time consuming but without the resources i get from it there is not way that you can fill both your hall of orders and barracks queues

DeletedUser

I have 38 villages, and farm heavily still. Its why I'm in the top 80 players. I see the point though, and its all relevant to what your local region's layout is. I had a very friendly Mr Rogers type neighborhood. Therefore farming heavily instead of taking up the barbs worked just fine. A fully resourced village will make ~73k of each resource type per 24 hours. My best farming villages will make ~219k of each resource type (three times). That allows for a rate of growth that is sustainable for the three months I've played. Without it, there will be choices between recruiting troops, leveling buildings, or minting coins. I don't have to make that choice, ever.

I have taken some barbs, but less than 25% of my total villages were barbs.

DeletedUser694

I do very little farming and my recruitment queues are full and i daily upgrade my villages and mint coins. If i need to i will farm a few extra resources but only as much as i need as it takes to much time to farm. If it was made a little easier then yes i would farm more.

DeletedUser486

I still farm with a vengeance, with aims to lock down my account in a way that I can safely coast along without farming as actively.

As for convenience, 1.7 apparently will introduce hotkeys, though I don't know if that will make farming easier. Seems unlikely with the current UI, but here's hopin'

DeletedUser

Yatogami;n18389 said:
I still farm with a vengeance, with aims to lock down my account in a way that I can safely coast along without farming as actively.

As for convenience, 1.7 apparently will introduce hotkeys, though I don't know if that will make farming easier. Seems unlikely with the current UI, but here's hopin'

All I need is a hotkey to replace the left arrow in the top left of the report screen. I waste so much time moving my mouse from near the bottom right (confirming attack) to the top left (to move 'up' one report) then back to near the bottom right (to attack again) when doing the bidaily farming. This one hotkey would probably save me a third of the time I waste in farming (all on a 60inch tv, so lots of real estate to cover :D )

Mike62 said:
I do very little farming and my recruitment queues are full and i daily upgrade my villages and mint coins. If i need to i will farm a few extra resources but only as much as i need as it takes to much time to farm. If it was made a little easier then yes i would farm more.

You cannot sustain a rapid rate of growth when not farming. I'm puling in at least twice the resources you are. This means I can focus on maximizing farms and barracks while you may have to choose resource buildings to maintain 24x7 queues. I guarantee that nobody can maintain 24x7 barracks and building queues with a lvl 25 barracks without farming (unless maybe if they only recruit axemen since they are soooooooo slooooooooow to recruit). I'm pulling minimum twice the resources per day normalized for village count which means all other things being equal, I can mint far more coins in a fixed amount of time, thus allowing for sharp increases in growth when an opportunity arises. We are in the same region, so I know exactly what kind of environment you had because it was the same as mine. Being as close to each other as we are, probably means we started within a week of each other (me later than you) and yet you have 17 villages and I have 39. I'm not trying to criticize your gameplay, to each their own. I'm only saying that your position on nobling up barbs to keep the enemies at bay wasn't really applicable to us since we were peace love and happiness amongst our tribes since the get go. You nobled barbs, I nobled large blocks of abandoned low point villages because I farmed all the barbs you and others would target to noble. Apples to apples my approach seems to have generated a stronger outcome, albeit at the sacrifice of time on my part. You get what you put into it.

DeletedUser430

Here's an example of the hotkeys to come:

GH5lA0m.png

DeletedUser

Honestly, the academy is probably the only one of any use to me.

May I be the first to request that they put two additional in, one to move up one in report list and one to move down one in report list? As mentioned above, this would save me tons of time in my farming ritual.

DeletedUser486

I imagine that is where the official sim will be when Inno gets around to making it.

DeletedUser

Mike62;n17988 said:
I have realized that some people still think we are playing TW1, and are complaining that people are taking there precious barbs. Personally i have noticed that where the barbs are being left alone to farm they are being taken out by other tribes and players with the sense to actually realize that we are playing a totally different game with different strategies.
I received a message from a friend in-game that his tribe were looking to move into my region and clear out the barbs so i saved them the job, needless to say they moved in next door.
When are people going to realize that barbs, if not taken will jump into others hands and they are certainly better in your number than your enemies.
I know what is going to happen now, we are going to get the people on here moaning about farming rights and resource needs. sorry guys, i haven't farmed since i had 5 villages so barbs were not needed there and were better in my village number than elsewhere.
And it doesn't mean anything at all that people brag they haven't taken a single barb it just means that when it comes to the time and others take the barbs it will be harder to defend the villages they have taken.
The new strategy in my eyes is this, take out the barbs asap, get your resources maximized and you won't need to farm. this will allow you quick growth and the ability to create a small empire all within reach of your defense.

It depends in most situations I would agree with you on this however it's not always the case.

My situation this was not the case so it can be done differently:

Cause enough pressure on your surroundings so they don't take barbs in return for survival.
99 villages (5 of them are barbs I nobled) and because of that I'm more then 3000 coins ahead of the second in coin production. Even after being on vacation for a month now and looting once every 3-4 days.

It took me a lot of preparation and time invested to keep my barbs as barbs without people nobling them but it's possible and I would advise it if you want a top 3 spot if this isn't your ambition you shouldn't risk leaving them open.

DeletedUser

ScienceReligion;n18643 said:
It took me a lot of preparation and time and coins invested to keep my barbs as barbs without people nobling them but it's possible and I would advise it if you want a top 3 spot if this isn't your ambition you shouldn't risk leaving them open.

Quoted for truth

DeletedUser694

I think the fact you have a stack of villages helps to keep people away from your barbs as well. Not saying you haven't put any work in just that a lot of people will avoid moving in next to you when they see the villages surrounded by yours.

In answer to Zubbs earlier post, we did start at the same time but i have had several breaks out of the game due to no fault of my own, without these break we would probably be a bit closer in village count than we actually are, and yes our tribes have an understanding that is benefiting both of us.

DeletedUser

Mike62;n18710 said:
I think the fact you have a stack of villages helps to keep people away from your barbs as well. Not saying you haven't put any work in just that a lot of people will avoid moving in next to you when they see the villages surrounded by yours.

In answer to Zubbs earlier post, we did start at the same time but i have had several breaks out of the game due to no fault of my own, without these break we would probably be a bit closer in village count than we actually are, and yes our tribes have an understanding that is benefiting both of us.

But in any case it is obviously possible to leave them open just requires lots of work and time invested. Most of the time it won't pay off.

There are general tactics that work best for the average player but in the end what makes players good or bad is their flexibility to realize when following the general best option wouldn't be best for their situation.
That's why I never believe in a best play style because what makes a style the best is how it fits you and no 2 people are a like no 2 area's are the same.

Guides and "best strats" are good for beginners but in the end they need to figure out what works for them and what doesn't. This is why a best strat doesn't exist.

DeletedUser

ScienceReligion;n18711 said:
But in any case it is obviously possible to leave them open just requires lots of work and time invested. Most of the time it won't pay off.

There are general tactics that work best for the average player but in the end what makes players good or bad is their flexibility to realize when following the general best option wouldn't be best for their situation.
That's why I never believe in a best play style because what makes a style the best is how it fits you and no 2 people are a like no 2 area's are the same.

Guides and "best strats" are good for beginners but in the end they need to figure out what works for them and what doesn't. This is why a best strat doesn't exist.

Totally agree on it.
"Best Start"should match your playing style, and your believe.
Also, it is important you understand why you are playing this and your style.
Playing style: passive, offensive, sim players, crown players, fighters, leaders, and many others style.
All in all, Enjoy this game. This is not a job, it is just a game