• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Barb Growth

DeletedUser

So I've searched back 3-4 pages looking to see if this was answered and I've not seen it.

Unlike the normal Barb growth questions about how they relate to the players around them I want to know a few more technical things.

Do barbs have a "set" pattern they grow? Meaning is there an "ideal" build or is it random?
IE. Will it always build certain buildings up to a certain level if they are catted down? Or does it go, "all villages should be at XX points or greater, this village isn't Random pick building upgrade, is it at xx points? if yes, end, if no repeat!"

I know barbs don't need resources for them to grow, as mine are usually picked dry but still grow non the less, but do they need farm space? IE, if a barb has farm of 1, does using "master of loot" become moot point because it can't upgrade its res because there is no food. Or, forget Master of Loot, will it not upgrade anything but Farm levels until it has free food space?

Thanks I know these are kinda techincal, and I'm trying to test this on my end some with a few barbs but any answers would be nice.
Thanks

DeletedUser2635

I didn't really cat down a lot of barbs, so I do not have a large sample size, but in the rare cases when I did, they seemed to build back the buildings that were destroyed, but they would also add levels into other buildings (if I catted barracks from 7 to 0, they wouldn't necessarily build back only the barracks, but it would look like lvl 6 barracks, +1 on some other buildings), so I wouldn't say that they don't have a certain pattern, but even tho they do have it, they still don't follow it to the fullest and still do some random thing. Master of loot has a chance to upgrade res pits no matter wha the farm level is.

DeletedUser2122

So I've searched back 3-4 pages looking to see if this was answered and I've not seen it.

Unlike the normal Barb growth questions about how they relate to the players around them I want to know a few more technical things.

Do barbs have a "set" pattern they grow? Meaning is there an "ideal" build or is it random?
IE. Will it always build certain buildings up to a certain level if they are catted down? Or does it go, "all villages should be at XX points or greater, this village isn't Random pick building upgrade, is it at xx points? if yes, end, if no repeat!"

I know barbs don't need resources for them to grow, as mine are usually picked dry but still grow non the less, but do they need farm space? IE, if a barb has farm of 1, does using "master of loot" become moot point because it can't upgrade its res because there is no food. Or, forget Master of Loot, will it not upgrade anything but Farm levels until it has free food space?

Thanks I know these are kinda techincal, and I'm trying to test this on my end some with a few barbs but any answers would be nice.
Thanks
Building growth in barbs are random but each building only grows up to a certain level. Also if the building(s) is demolished they will grow back up until the barbs reaches the maximum point limit.
I'm not exactly sure about the master of loot question though,since barbs don't need resources to upgrade buildings it's possible it doesn't need the necessary farm space but I'll check that and get back to you.

DeletedUser

Thanks.

Next question, while you checking on the farm space.

Do we know what the "max" level is for each building they have setup? More specifically what is the default max level for clay/timber/iron as they are the only one you really want to be leveled up. (Max level excluding the use of master of loot, and is there a max level even with master of loot other then 30?)

Based on my testing I picked up there is a bit of a randomness to it, but at the same time when upgrading it seemed to be looking to do x number of points per auto upgrade and rebuilding low levels of buildings vrs higher level of buildings took priority. This makes me wonder is there a system in place that say when doing auto upgrade priority "low level" over "high level"?

if there is, at what certain point you should stop catting buildings down to so it is no longer consider "low level". IE, If barracks is above 10, cat it down, but if its below 10 leave as the system will give rebuilding barracks priority over other buildings. And if this is the case, would it be possible to get the "cut off" for each village?

Thanks for the help on this... The reason I'm asking these questions is because I find that rebuilding a nuke takes roughly 3 weeks, and with decent farming you can que up the troops in less then a week. So during the remaining 2 weeks, doing 5-10 runs a day, I wanted to make use of the runs to "shape" the barbs to maximize resource output to gain the most amount of coins I can while rebuilding my nukes.

DeletedUser2122

I don't tthink there is an exact pattern to how building are upgraded,it's all totally random. Also like I said each building has a set limit it can reach although I have no idea which level that is. I can spy some maxed out barbs for you though and post the results here.

DeletedUser

C.A.
Thanks that should help my research out.

I'm assuming you play on older worlds or worlds with max barbs, or have friends that do, could you(or something you know) do me a fav or getting scouts on max barb, then cat down everything but res/warehouse, and then scout it again after its rebuilt some?

I'm curious if it will focus on these buildings only or if there is a chance that the res buildings will also upgrade at random more. I know I'm asking for a big fav, but like I said I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to maximize the use of barbs during rebuilding phase.

DeletedUser2122

On an13 the barbs are already maxed . And yeah can do that. Was carting down headquarters and farms in some barbs anyways cause some guy keeps taking barbs in my province:rolleyes:
Give me 24 hours or so and I'll get the spies(assuming they build up fast)

DeletedUser

Thanks...
My part of 13 doesn't have max barbs yet.. but then again I joined rather late.

Not sure if it would be easier or not but if it is you can link me the reports in game.. my IGN is the same as here.

DeletedUser2122

Okay so by the looks of it Ha,warehouse,farm and resources grow up to level 25 in some cases and the rest assured f the buildings like tavern,market and hospital will be at level 10.
In other cases market and tavern will be maxed and the rest of the buildings like the hq and warehouse are all between level 20-25.

Anyways here is what the spies looked like,(sscreenshot s are all in order)
Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-31-46.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-32-21.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-33-08.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-34-07.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-11-36-15.png

DeletedUser

So it sounds like a good strat would be to cat down everything except res/warehouse to lvl 10, and use master of loot while doing this to max up res lvls.

Did you find out if Farm lvl matters or not? If it does, it looks like you wont want to drop the farm below lvl 15.

Build lvl farm space
HQ 10 52
Wood 30 326
Clay 30 447
Iron 30 949

Barracks 10 83
Hosp 10 17
Mark 10 82
Tavern 10 86

Min pop needed is 2042
Farm lvl 15 max pop is 2217

Thats assuming you can get the res up to 30 using master of loots...
* (note I didn't add RP because its farm points are minor so even added it would still below 2217.)

DeletedUser2122

I can't say whether farm level mater cause that would mean having to manually add each buildings provisions and check whether they add up to the current farm level:p

DeletedUser1237

I have built my barbs to be resource heavy.
Barbs need the same things to build as you do. They will build on a random choice, so if you let them upgrade only resources and warehouse then you will have a nice resource vill to raid.
Catt down the buildings that you don't want and it will start building other buildings. They need population and resources to build buildings, so if you don't leave them resources and poulation they will only build cheap or NO buildings.
You need to scout the barb every few days to see what it has built. If you don't like it , Catt it down. ( you dont want a barracks, a market, a rally point, a tavern, or a maxed out HQ,)
Seems like common sense to me to me. But that is one thing that is lacking in the world these days, LOL
(PS, once the barb gets to around 3500, you will also want to take out the farm , so your foe cant noble it and build a church)

Last edited by a staff member: