• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Are tribalwars "loot box" like items actually random?

DeletedUser1104

Alot of laws have been going into place in various countries due to loot boxes (look them up if you dont know what im talking about) and it got me thinking about all the various in game items you can buy with money via games (or features) that feature "randomness"

This includes things like the resource deposits, daily unit deals, and gwens game.

1. Daiily unit deals: So at the beginning of the game everyone is on the hunt for "legendary" daily unit deals and you can reroll for 10 crowns to get it. Is it actually random? Do we have the same chance of getting legendary as we do of epic or normal rolls? I doubt it.

My own observations: I have noticed that when i have the unit package item I have a harder time finding legendary rolls. However, ironically when I have the reroll item with no unit package item ill get legendary multiple times in a row. Not sure if that is coincidence or the coding.

2. Resource deposits: Obviously when people look at their resource deposits one of the first things they do is they look at the 10k reward. Bounty harvests being the best reward. You can buy rerolls if you do not have any.

My own observations: I have noticed that it is CLEARLY not random. Think about how many officers you get from the resource deposit early game as compared to late game. yo uget quite a few early game (presumably to get you hooked) and very little late game (when you have many villages and woudl really like more officers).

have also noticed when a good 10k reward, like bounty harvest, is up for grabs the amount of resources u get per each bought reroll seems smaller than when u get a horrible 10k reward.

3. Gwens game: This one is obvious. The middle of the wheel is generally the best item. Now gwens game have been going for over a year now atleast (i think?)... and only RECENTLY have they decided to add a little clause that getting one of the side rewards is 2x as likely as the middle. Has that always been how the game worked or has innogames just now decided to clarify that if you try to buy the whole wheel and have 2 rewards left, with one being the middle, that you in reality have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the middle reward and not a 1 in 2?

My own observations: I have been told this by several people that it seems those with more crowns seem to get "worse luck" on this game and need to shoot more to get the better items. No idea if true.

4. Final Notes: Now my personal observations are just that. But i have been playing this game since en3. These games of chance over time have felt less and less like chance and more and more like purposeful money sinks.

Last question as well, how do these games of "chance" play into the loot box laws being put into place in various countries/states? I am not educated enough to comment on that.

Edit- I would love to hear if anyone has has found any "randomness" weirdness where it relates to being able to spend money in game. Or have you noticed something I havent

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser5020

My personal observations was that with Gwen at least as a brand new account due to change of Email address I hit the middle of the wheel 2 days in a row, the next event after I had bought some crowns here and there my luck was terrible.

I assume there is a hidden system like on most Bingo/Gambling sites where newer players get more luck, how else would you get hooked.

DeletedUser3191

On Gwens game i have been shooting arrow for my co-op as she is on phone so cant do the quest , i noticed that i have hit the same thing for both of us , is that possibly because the same account is shooting the arrows and severs computer thinks it my first shot ,both times
i cannot see it being chance that you hit same every time ??
And yes , never manage to hit anything that you realy require in game, if you have resorce boosts in inventory you are likly to hit them in gwens game :(
As our friend says , it seems new accounts get better results so they get hooked on the game and continue to play , even spending crowns thinking they have a good chance , then finding out that you possibly have to fill the board to get the bull

DeletedUser4944

No response here with an explanation? I would like to know how this works, is it random or not? I believe it isn't but not sure about that. Inno does everything to get maximum profit with minimal effort so would not be suprised if it was not random. But since there is no response I think I need to start observating for myself:(

DeletedUser

From what I have noticed:

Legendary Daily Deals - depending on what stage you are in within your village come less at the beginning and more as you've reached a certain amount of points. Not sure but can ask if this is on purpose or to help support the farm size you may have toward the start. I myself assumed it was due to farm size but I guess I can try since I started playing EN41 to see if this may be true.

Resource Deposit - Not sure if it's the same but for the most part when I have never had an issue with this. Of course 6/10 times I get longer times but few members in my tribe and I tried to see if it's possible to reach 10k if you click each build which most of the time it has been. Being active I think 10k regardless the prize is doable but it took many alarms to making sure I clicked each one when another was done.

Gwens Game - This is 100% random. There has only been couple of times that I have EVER hit a bullseye with the 1st spin but like you said it's gotten harder. I don't think it matters with crowns because from how I was told it's system generated. Not to sure how it determines what is hit or not but lately bullseyes are harder to land on.