• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Adjust/change Attack timing

DeletedUser4271

So this wouldnt be a issue normally. but lately I've been trying to get attacks as close as possible.Yesterday i launched a nuke with a noble train after it. first attack hits at say 09:30:11 and the last one hits at 09:30:13

Now the unfortunate part is despite my nuke and first noble landing on the same second with no way to determine the ms of each attack .My noble hits first. I can understand making tw2 more casual than tw1 but all TW2 have done is remove the ms count from arrival time without actually removing it from the game.

So what exactly has changed? other than seeing one less thing that allows us to view landing time. Either put ms as visible so we can time attacks properly or put in some form of coding/variable etc so that if you got 2 attacks landing the same second the biggest army or ones without nobles hit first.

Cause this isnt casual anything.This is tw2 taking away a timing ability in the name of it being casual and then the players that can time their attacks run the risk of getting screwed over because we cant see ms.And lets not even mention the 3 second inherent lag of sending attacks.And thats with all the barrack features unlocked....

DeletedUser5217

I know this is a suggestion post and I'll probably get yelled out of here... But I just wanted to share something with you.

Open your Overviews:
Generic_Toolbar_Overviews.PNG

Click on the Commands tab:
Generic_Overviews-Commands.PNG

From here, you can see all of your Commands in a proper table. By default, we have some lovely sorting going on based on the village names. You can resort this table by clicking on a column header. Click the header with the clock to resort the table based on arrival time:
Overviews_Commands-Sorting.PNG

As you can see, it's early days and I don't have a real-world example to show you (Where multiple commands are landing on the same second), but this page is accurate to the millisecond, however they're still hidden from view.

It lets you quickly glance over your trains to make sure they're arriving in the right order. Cancel and try again if the order shown here is not the desired order.

Good luck out there :)

DeletedUser1914

We know that.its when you have a nuke from village A hitting
noble train from village B takes much longer
you get 1 maybe 2 tries to time it right

DeletedUser5217

We know that.its when you have a nuke from village A hitting
noble train from village B takes much longer
you get 1 maybe 2 tries to time it right

I completely mis-understood the original request. After reading what you said and re-reading the title of the post, now it's sounding like you're requesting the ability to change the timing of your commands after you have sent them?

I suppose if they enforced the same kind of rules around cancelling commands (Perhaps you only get 3 minutes to adjust timings..), it might work from a balancing point of view.. However, there's much to be said about touching core mechanics like that.

The quirks of the engine are where the separation of skills comes from and this would destroy that, right? After launching and sniping many trains, you get a good feel for how the ol' girl behaves and she starts to become much more predictable at that point.

Where we are now..
I wanted to circle back to what I was saying about the Overviews' Commands page. There's a filter at the top to filter out commands from your other villages. If you disable this filter, you can see all the commands sent from all of your villages. Then you sort by arrival time and you can see an accurate overview of even the most advanced attack scenarios.

Of course, this only lets you see your mistake. If you are shooting too close to the nobles, you run the risk of missing. If you miss, it's likely you cannot make it from that village (Unless you do something silly, like leave the rams behind..). I think this is the game, though. Your enemy doesn't know your train's leading with a noble lol. Maybe he snipes the train and accidentally runs into the nuke? Or maybe you become very aware of what your internet/technique capabilities are and you only shoot for 4s or 5s, depending on the level risk you're willing to accept in your plan :)

i think you misunderstood what he wrote ... my man caelum is a veteran ... he knows how to sort his commands by using overviews tab or just by using the target village information tab ... which is easier/simpler btw ...
the problem here is when the nuke/nobles are from the same village and land on the same second ... you see two attack on the list from the same village landing on the same second without knowing which is which ... having a clearing/noble attacks from the same village land on the same second is risky and you may get screwed but it also make snipping them much harder ... i'd say it's a fair trade + you can always cancel/resend or use other villages to clear ...

ps : there will never be ms in tw2 because it's one of their main "casual" promises and just bashing keys to get a one second landings then ask inno to arranger your attacks according to army size/nobles without taking risks is lazy and ,again, not fair for the one who will take risks trying to snipe it imo ...

DeletedUser1914

i think you misunderstood what he wrote ... my man caelum is a veteran ... he knows how to sort his commands by using overviews tab or just by using the target village information tab ... which is easier/simpler btw ...
the problem here is when the nuke/nobles are from the same village and land on the same second ... you see two attack on the list from the same village landing on the same second without knowing which is which ... having a clearing/noble attacks from the same village land on the same second is risky and you may get screwed but it also make snipping them much harder ... i'd say it's a fair trade + you can always cancel/resend or use other villages to clear ...

ps : there will never be ms in tw2 because it's one of their main "casual" promises and just bashing keys to get a one second landings then ask inno to arranger your attacks according to army size/nobles without taking risks is lazy and ,again, not fair for the one who will take risks trying to snipe it imo ...
its just frustrating knowing you can time things really close only to have same second attacks landing in the wrong order because you cant see ms.Example the 2 2:19 were a noble and a seperate nuke from a closer village.but the wrong way around.which is why this was made.Seeing ms would have atleast partially solved the issue

What you need to see is the landing order of your attacks ... you can do that in-game without ms ... what happened to you can be frustrating but showing ms wouldn't change much, you will still get the same order for your attacks only with ms showing ... in your example you can already see that your nuke land after your noble ... you had 5 min to check/cancel but you didn't ... nothing against adding/showing ms but it won't solve anything + we already have enough "bots" problems :rolleyes:
the only exception to this "sorting" system is ,as i said, when you have a 1 sec landings for a nuke and a noble/train coming from the same village and moving at the same speed ( deceivers,trebs etc) ...

DeletedUser5217

Alright guys, I think I get it now. Visually, let me demonstrate something. Both these screens are from the Overviews->Commands page, but with different DPI settings (These tables are responsive.. They will drop/add columns to fill the screen. If your DPI is too low, try zooming out using your browser's zoom function)

100% zoom on a low-DPI screen:
100.PNG

Same page, but using the browser's zoom function I zoomed to 75%. Now there's more columns, showing the troops in the commands:
75.PNG

I know, I know, it spans into the 2nd-second.. In my defense, the target's semi-active and I have officers with the nuke. Not worth trying again ;)