• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

AC absorb W1N

DeletedUser

I am surprised there hasn't been a thread about this sooner...

What happened to you W1N? I didn't play until december but by all accounts you were the badass tribe that did diplomacy with noone and conquered everyone. Now not only have you merged completely with a tribe to avoid fighting them. YOU merged into THEM. You completely abandoned your tribe to join a group that from what I can tell, was beating you hands down.

This server had an interesting future with 3 tribes roughly the same size. This was not kind to W1N though as they were losing, hard. Their barb and inactive nobling kept them afloat for some time but it had to come to an end sooner or later. I thought you would come out fighting, you had 8 or so of the top 10 players on the server, as well as by far the highest PPM and you still couldn't put anything substantial together.

You tried for so long to get a merge and you finally did, congrats. Even though your members clearly didn't know a thing about it..http://i.imgur.com/VwfWPmC.png. How do I know they didn't know? If they did they wouldn't have made such statements when leadership were begging for a merge with either us or AC. http://i.imgur.com/mYkhyUS.png. My Bad was still trying to talk Shekel into a merge just before it happened. These are the actions of the desperate.

Oh how the mighty have fallen haha

AC, I know why you did it. War between us was inevitable once W1N were out of the way. But seriously, you guys risk your good cooperation by letting in people with a track record of failing at it. How many members will be willing to send support or coordinate hits when they see other people not doing so?

Since the lines are drawn for the next year or so of fighting, bring on the banter.

You won't be allowed your diplomatic victory however hard you try My Bad.

DeletedUser486

Alright guys, PnP threads are few and far between and I don't want to see them spammed up. The next one word response I see gets deleted.
Anyone deliberately spiting this warning risks infraction.

Thank you GZ for bringing interest to our forums.

DeletedUser

Jason and Darkman: I hate both of you.

Yatogami: I'm trying but not getting any help from the other side. Guess they know they don't have a leg to stand on.

DeletedUser

Thank god for some PnP at last, though it's a shame it's my former tribemates who are on the receiving end.

W1N does still exist. I'm keeping the name going for as long as I can be bothered, but I think the merge has pretty much killed this world tbh. Nobody is going to take down inactive. AC was the only tribe which was a threat to W1N in my eyes and everyone else I've come up against or seen evidence of has been absolutely clueless. I've yet to see an opponent outside of AC who can even time attacks correctly. It's pathetic.

Players of that calibre up against the biggest tribe with the vast majority of the best players? Nope. Even if the rest of the world gangs up against them they won't make a dent. Diplomacy has killed off the game. For those who aren't bored rigid of TW2 yet, now is probably the time to start over on another world which will hopefully be more interesting than this one.

Devs, please make it so tribes cannot be bigger than 75 members. This world should show why. It's only been going for about six months, yet because so many players can fit within the same tribe, there are only three or four tribes left that matter and I am rank 8 in a tribe by myself. It's dumb as hell and hardly surprising that people can't keep their tribe members interested enough to keep playing..

DeletedUser

Badneighbor: I largely agree with you. We can put together a good attack too, though I will admit, we have a few who struggle to interpret the ticky things on a clock. I suggested having worlds with a 25-50 member tribe limit a while ago and it is regularly done on tw1. As with sabotage, there seems to be a reason why they aren't sorting it out. Personally I am keeping an eye on what the settings will be for the next tw1 world. I think i'd have more long term fun there.

DeletedUser486

BadNeighbour;n27564 said:
Devs, please make it so tribes cannot be bigger than 75 members. This world should show why. It's only been going for about six months, yet because so many players can fit within the same tribe, there are only three or four tribes left that matter and I am rank 8 in a tribe by myself. It's dumb as hell and hardly surprising that people can't keep their tribe members interested enough to keep playing..
I do not think we can create a poll, but for this I would suggest creating a suggestion thread and gather signatures to show the developers how requested a smaller tribe limit is and get as many players on to sign it as possible.
I can't guarantee it working, but it might just be heard...

DeletedUser1594

BadNeighbour;n27564 said:
Thank god for some PnP at last, though it's a shame it's my former tribemates who are on the receiving end.

W1N does still exist. I'm keeping the name going for as long as I can be bothered, but I think the merge has pretty much killed this world tbh. Nobody is going to take down inactive. AC was the only tribe which was a threat to W1N in my eyes and everyone else I've come up against or seen evidence of has been absolutely clueless. I've yet to see an opponent outside of AC who can even time attacks correctly. It's pathetic.

Players of that calibre up against the biggest tribe with the vast majority of the best players? Nope. Even if the rest of the world gangs up against them they won't make a dent. Diplomacy has killed off the game. For those who aren't bored rigid of TW2 yet, now is probably the time to start over on another world which will hopefully be more interesting than this one.

i think the merger was negative for the world, but some people are driven so much by winning, they are willing to avoid competition. im not going to get into a who was better type of argument, but your opinion on ac is biased for the pure fact that you were surrounded by them. unity did much more damage to w1n1, which caused w1n1 to merge

DeletedUser1594

Yatogami;n27609 said:
I do not think we can create a poll, but for this I would suggest creating a suggestion thread and gather signatures to show the developers how requested a smaller tribe limit is and get as many players on to sign it as possible.
I can't guarantee it working, but it might just be heard...

yatogami, to be honest, i don't think the dev's spend any time reading over threads and suggestions. they released a new update yesterday...now we have 1000 lines of in game chat text ::twirls finger:: how about giving a list of players that are currently online by the chat screen if they wanted to do anything that was positive in regards to the chat. this game's most glaring issue is sabotage which i don't ever see being corrected, so tribe limits are an afterthought

DeletedUser1423

"i think the merger was negative for the world, but some people are driven so much by winning, they are willing to avoid competition. im not going to get into a who was better type of argument, but your opinion on ac is biased for the pure fact that you were surrounded by them. unity did much more damage to w1n1, which caused w1n1 to merge""

Ok I have tried to ignore this thread as I figured it would be coming after I decided to do the merger so I will respond to it put the facts down from my perspective and let others interpret them as they will.

W1N1 was a great tribe with the majority of the top players in the game. At one point I believe we had all the top 10 and 18 of the top 25.
So why did I decide to look for a merger? Multiple reasons but there was one main one.

- Inactives. I have written about this multiple times on this forum with ideas and suggestions on how to improve this game. Nothing has changed. So what I saw was in my tribe the top members either became inactive or simply stopped growing as it was just to time consuming. This happened time and time again. To the point it became a joke that the top players in the world kept quiting because the game made it impossible for them to continue. From One Mean Grean Bean to Lecattez to multiple of others. Including a former member on this forum who went semi active.
- World allied against us. To add to the issue of out top players going inactive the entire world looked to allie against us. Since we were trying to stay at a low number of around 75 - 85 members we found ourselves fighting tribes with 200 members and sister tribes and then all the tribes were fighting us. This with the semi actives and inactives in my tribe made it difficult. Though this is not the reason I looked for the merger

So the main reason I looked for a merger is this and this is the truth. I was going to quit. The game was just to much. Member after member who achieved a lot of villages was quiting and I am ranked in the top 10 and was trying to run a tribe. It was to much. I tried to promote from within but since most of the players in W1N1 were high ranking players and had lots of villages they did not want it. I don't blame them.

SO I looked to merge with another tribe to share leadership to lesson the time I had to put into managing the game and the tribe. I approached almost every major tribe to discuss this option.

As stated my goal was to reduce my work level and to allow me to continue to play the game. I was not going to just quit and leave the tribe leaderless like had happened before. So those that complain about the merger had an option for us to merge with them in some capacity. A lot simply thought with the whole world allied against us it would be easier for all of them just to fight us.

Talks happened with AC leadership. They agreed to an equal merger with shared leadership and a change of name. We could have had them merged into W1N1 but they had double the members and what was the point? We could have started a new tribe altogether again what was the point.
So I agreed to merger our two tribes together into one with shared leadership and as equals. If other tribes want to look what I offered they will see similar language. This was done in less than 24 hours with one semi active refusing to join and one member defecting. The rest went perfect. The merger has been a great success we have had minimal if any issues and the pressure on leadership has been lessoned for all...

So I am sorry if this makes the world less competitive to some but until this game improves with its game play the path to victory will be watching the enemies tribes players go inactive and then taking there villages before the majority of yours go inactive.

Thus long rule the Inactives......

My Bad

My Bad...Why not look to continue the fight with WST? We were working with you against AC. We were holding our own in the Northeast against them and making progress. So much so, it got Pat's attention because the folks we were taking villages from continued to cry for support. So, Pat sent the top players of WST a mail with a proposition to join AC or perish with the others. Since that mail, none left to go to AC. None. They did not leave because of the success and alliance we had with W!N. With you guys attacking from the south, we had a good chance to continue to make progress. Worst case, it keeps the game interesting.

Since the merger, the world has practically died. If that was the intention, it has succeeded. I sincerely hope the developers take notice. 200 members is way, way too many. Even 100 is too many, IMO. I completely understand the beating it is to lead a large tribe. It becomes an endless supply of emails and skype chats that result in mostly nonsense. But, with less members, it allows you to week out the ones that are actually worth their salt. It allows you to run ops more efficiently and thoroughly. Thus, keeping the game enjoyable and active.

LR has all but vanished. I'm pretty sure it had a lot to do with the merger. Why stay and play in a world that has become SimCity?

Some in WST have asked me to step up and lead. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. However, I will tell you that if I do make the choice to lead, it will be only to try and keep the game going and try and salvage something from the last 7 months. It's one thing to be defeated in a war by a good tribe. It's something entirely different to lose the game because of a mass exodus of players.

I'm not starting over. It's just too much time to build, farm, build, farm, farm, farm, farm, farm, build, etc. It finally gets interesting when you can accrue some villages and start actually playing the game, both politically and strategically. At least until this type of merger happens.

Thanks for your post though. It helps us understand a lot.

Tilt

DeletedUser1594

Tilt, you are right since the merger this world has lost a lot of steam. I have seen numerous big players have now gone inactive mainly due to the merger. I myself have lost the fire that I had for this game and have taken a step back. I understand why My Bad did what he did, leading a tribe is taxing and with the inactive issues they had something needed to happen. For the sake of the world, we turned down the offer and expected !AC to do the same, we hoped that either LGY, or you guys would have done something with them. Once it was known !AC and w1n1 were together it left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouth.Tilt, you are right since the merger this world has lost a lot of steam. I have seen numerous big players have now gone inactive mainly due to the merger. I myself have lost the fire that I had for this game and have taken a step back. I understand why My Bad did what he did, leading a tribe is taxing and with the inactive issues they had something needed to happen. For the sake of the world, we turned down the offer and expected !AC to do the same, we hoped that either LGY, or you guys would have done something with them. Once it was known !AC and w1n1 were together it left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouth.

DeletedUser1304

Compared to tw1 the forum is so dead but the drama sounds just as intense..:)

"Since the merger, the world has practically died. If that was the intention, it has succeeded. I sincerely hope the developers take notice. 200 members is way, way too many. Even 100 is too many, IMO. I completely understand the beating it is to lead a large tribe. It becomes an endless supply of emails and skype chats that result in mostly nonsense. But, with less members, it allows you to week out the ones that are actually worth their salt. It allows you to run ops more efficiently and thoroughly. Thus, keeping the game enjoyable"

I agree with you on this CMETILT.