• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

A Discussion on Noobies (NUB)

I have been closely monitoring the tribe Noobies located in the province of Talfol (413 | 514). Now at the beginning, when I first saw this tribe, each player had around ~300 points, it's not unusual for premades of this size but their positioning all in the same province is a bit odd, never-the-less, I brushed it off as possibly a little zerg that wanted some fun. Watching them grow has been interesting, slowly but surely they were all creeping up at a steady pace all within 100-200 points of each other. There are two ways to zerg up in the same province. One is, you would need to use the invite a friend feature making all these accounts fresh accounts. Another is they all started, created the tribe, and restarted near their tribe. The latter seems to be the explanation as there are barbarians with their village names.

Watching this tribe, I started to get more and more suspicious, suddenly all their second villages came up within 1-2 game refreshes so I decided to take a deeper look. Now you would think a tribe with 24 members would be a higher level than 4... even if they're new to the game, they seem to understand more than they are letting of by calling themselves Noobies. So, the digging continues, profiles are individually set up, some with profiles pictures and some with bios, none of them are particularly interesting but it does look like each account has been hand-made, some even have coops which is strange if these accounts are botted, but I'm still skeptical.

Looking at all the start times of the accounts, this is based on the achievement 'Prosperity' where you need to have a total resources income of 1,000 this gives a really close time to when the villages were created. This achievement is chosen as we've seen these accounts aren't new and have restarted, some with ~100 points.

Prosperity Dates & Times

This data is ordered by date/time

23rd
jloite - Jul 23, 2020 7:56:54 PM

29th
Purple Dragon - Jul 29, 2020 7:35:43 PM

30th
erikfin - Jul 30, 2020 1:45:28 AM
jbarber9 - Jul 30, 2020 2:12:54 AM
deathkrilms - Jul 30, 2020 2:13:39 AM
darthplagueis - Jul 30, 2020 2:22:37 AM
barlocke - Jul 30, 2020 2:23:54 AM
LordHumungus - Jul 30, 2020 2:24:53 AM
junkyjenkins - Jul 30, 2020 3:06:00 AM
jhoward - Jul 30, 2020 3:43:36 AM
mm2k - Jul 30, 2020 3:54:28 AM
Warcraftplayer - Jul 30, 2020 4:03:19 AM
kimjongfuntime - Jul 30, 2020 4:10:28 AM
zombiebite - Jul 30, 2020 4:19:56 AM
angrygermbo - Jul 30, 2020 4:41:34 AM
insaneinthebrain - Jul 30, 2020 5:19:38 AM
Jbman007 - Jul 30, 2020 5:30:04 AM
Lorilocks - Jul 30, 2020 5:33:56 AM
chinatownhustler - Jul 30, 2020 5:36:57 AM

mrsrobinson - Jul 30, 2020 1:51:49 PM
chiefmagwa - Jul 30, 2020 1:52:45 PM
donalddrumpf - Jul 30, 2020 1:53:17 PM
oligo - Jul 30, 2020 1:55:06 PM
buttkickerx - Jul 30, 2020 2:24:10 PM

As we can see from the data above, the primetime these accounts start coming into action is early AM's on the 30th. A total of 17 accounts over a span of 4 hours, this is very unusual even for a small premade let alone a large one. Premades joining a day or two late is no huge issue but somehow 90% of this tribe all started late almost exactly at the same time.

Here's a picture of all their members and the points over the past few days, no member has any OBP or DBP, even after their BP has been down for a few days.

NUB Tribe
1596740516120.png

Looking at achievements, we can see that ALL members have way of the soldier 1, I would guess they're all pumping def.

Now looking at their names, let's take VIP for example. In VIP, the percentage of names starting with a capital letter is roughly 66%. But with NUB, it's around 20%. You can view this data through any tribe such as THC and HOG, the number still rangers well above 50%. NUB's account names are objectively very bland and clearly no effort has gone into thinking about them.

NUB Names VIP Names
1596741519375.png
1596741527272.png

So what do we know from this?
- Not all accounts are fresh
- Pretty much all of them started in the span of 4 hours
- They all seem to have the same build path (Based on current points)
- They don't make cav
- They are making a LOT of units
- They farm
- They all have similar achievements

Keep an eye on this tribe if you're interested, I know I will.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4358

how would one even come up with those stupid names....

best be watching that act of valor achievement then :D

DeletedUser4110

Im really looking forward to seeing who they gonna help out o_O

DeletedUser4698

lol, looks like someone is planning some back up DT or even villages for himself ^^

If you look to the North from their location, you will see also a lot of accounts (tribeless) with high markets and ress pits. If you manage to conquer some of those villages you will find that they have market perks unlocked to send ressources. All these accounts have rather similar names as well, the only difference being they don't farm or pop units. Coincidence?

DeletedUser4110

Have a word with them cos they are conveniently placed just behind you.

We really need a LOL reaction button

Im still convinced you are running a disinformation campaign here and is actually running them yourself. Just kidding, Im honestly as clueless as the rest of you about who is running these accounts. Im paranoid as hell, this have already resulted in me turtling :|

Last edited by a staff member:
I saw them from the first time cause they spawned one province next to me before restarted..i am sure that they are bots

DeletedUser4358

AH YES

I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME

Here you go, all noobies spawned into the world in a timespan of.... 108 minutes.

All coops were also accepted around the same time.

ihatetrashythcplayersthatfakemewithdeceiverswhentheirnoblesarehome.PNG

It is weird that the entire tribe has Act of Valor at exactly the same time.... none of them have special delivery though.

DeletedUser3087

Well all you need to do now is find out who attacked someone on that exact time as the Act of Valour achievement...must have been a decent nuke that went splat...

this noobies thing happened on a previous world, i think 42, jbarber and krilms are the only ones that play - the rest are "real life friends" but more likely multiaccounts, they just take over an entire province and then quit once they get bored. nothing special - it's been seen before too many times.